Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should be my Barn & Silo capacity at level 40??

Lightbulb What should be my Barn & Silo capacity at level 40??

Okay, so I'm at level 40 in Hay Day and I've not yet seen this thread(Stupidity), but now I've come here so my question is, how much should my barn and silo capacity be at this level?? I'm still stuck at 700, while some neighbours have reached 800... Anybody could tell what I should do?? Should I upgrade or not?

There is no set number for each level. It's really all how you choose to play. Early on you should be selling everything you make so Barn size seems to be less of an issue compared to coins. But once you start wanting to do some of the achievements, it is good to start building your barn size up. Lots of people like to keep a stock of ten of each item, some are comfortable with less some like more. But the more items you can make will determine what size barn is comfortable to you.

Some even decide to stop building theirs because the item that seems to jam them up turn out to be expansion materials. Once they decide to stop expanding, their barn becomes manageable again. Anyway. I am at level 77 I think and my barn is about at 2200. But I like to stack things outside my machines so I need a full barn to do that. For more information about stacking use the turbo trucker help link in my signature. The second post tells you have to do the barn dance.
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; August 2nd, 2014 at 04:16 AM.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Thanks

Thanks for answering, but just as an average farm should be, what should my barn capacity be??

I am level 57 and my barn capacitiy is 925. I don't know how average that is but it sounds to me like you have a pretty good barn.

There honestly isn't a right way or wrong way to play HayDay because everyone gets to the same place eventually....and we always want more barn space, no matter how much we expand.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

And i'm now level 58 and my barn storage is 700. I think it's a little low because of the last respond on this thread... but if i don't have the stuff, i can't increase

Hay Day
    Addict! New on the forum, howdy
    | Lvl 76 | Rep. Lvl: 16 | Farm name: Piggyville | GC: angeliqueeeee1 | ID: #VLP2PPR8 |
    | Chat with me about trading on Kik: Piggyville |
    I stock my shop everyday, take what you actually need, would like friends who can help me out aswell

So should I keep on focusing on the barn or the silo then?

So thanks guys for commenting, and just wanted to ask whether I should focus on the barn or silo now, as I'm at a lower level than you all are and I don't have as much experience as you all have, as to whether what would benefit me more in the future...

I kept my barn at around 725 until I hit the 50s. Since then I upgrade a couple of times every couple of months or so. I hate keeping expansion materials, so I tend to only keep what I am working on. At level 76 my barn is at 1450 (after you reach 1000, each upgrades increases your barn by 50 instead of 25). 725 worked for a very long time for me though, especially if I didn't keep the expansions items.

So, it really depends on how you want to play the game and what your comfort level is in the stock you hold. With the introduction of the town, I've started working on upgrading my barn again, lol.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Quote Originally Posted by RockingUpDaGame View Post
    So thanks guys for commenting, and just wanted to ask whether I should focus on the barn or silo now, as I'm at a lower level than you all are and I don't have as much experience as you all have, as to whether what would benefit me more in the future...
    Well, the barn holds all the expansion materials, PLUS all the other products produced, so you may want to upgrade that a few times, then the silo, then the barn, etc.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Quote Originally Posted by d2l5p2 View Post
    Well, the barn holds all the expansion materials, PLUS all the other products produced, so you may want to upgrade that a few times, then the silo, then the barn, etc.
    Ya, this. Good advice. When I was a younger farm, I collected barn tools and then silo tools but at alternating times. I expanded both as I could but never tried to hold both barn AND silo tools at any one time due to space issues. It gets hard enough with one set of tools.

My barn is larger than my silo but that's because I don't require much silo room. It's 1350 and I make do just fine with that size. My barn is currently 2150 and that too seems to work for me, that is until it gets close to my having all the tools for the next upgrade, then it's tight again until I can tap the upgrade button. The town does help me keep less in my barn so I do have more room now than I used to and I rarely get the your barn is full message anymore.

Anyways, it's really what works best for you. I personally prefer working on barn increases (or silo increases) versus just selling all the tools as they come. I have a neighbor who tried that method and her barn is about my size. She tried selling all barn tools instead of keeping them for the next upgrade. A few days later she abandoned that idea.

Anyways, you asked for some ideas and those mine but the best thing is to work with what suits you best and suits your needs for your farm.

Good luck and happy farming
    Last edited by ilovehayday; August 7th, 2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    Ya, this. Good advice. When I was a younger farm, I collected barn tools and then silo tools but at alternating times. I expanded both as I could but never tried to hold both barn AND silo tools at any one time due to space issues. It gets hard enough with one set of tools.

My barn is larger than my silo but that's because I don't require much silo room. It's 1350 and I make do just fine with that size. My barn is currently 2150 and that too seems to work for me, that is until it gets close to my having all the tools for the next upgrade, then it's tight again until I can tap the upgrade button. The town does help me keep less in my barn so I do have more room now than I used to and I rarely get the your barn is full message anymore.

Anyways, it's really what works best for you. I personally prefer working on barn increases (or silo increases) versus just selling all the tools as they come. I have a neighbor who tried that method and her barn is about my size. She tried selling all barn tools instead of keeping them for the next upgrade. A few days later she abandoned that idea.

Anyways, you asked for some ideas and those mine but the best thing is to work with what suits you best and suits your needs for your farm.

Good luck and happy farming
    And should I also keep opening up new land areas side by side??