Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Neighborhood Etiquette

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    77
    What do others consider 'raiding?'

    I don't do it, I don't think; I make almost everything I need and for other things I use the newspaper. But sometimes it seems unwanted things are sitting in a friend or group member or follower's market for a while. So sometimes I buy the lot, but it's usually a straggler item here and there with spaces between.

    However I used to have a few people who'd pounce on things I put in my market stall soon as it was in there, and would hover while I put things in and snap up everything, regardless of what it was. They'd do that as many times a day as I put things in.

    Is that raiding?

  2. #42
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Bqbowers View Post
    Raiding is against our guidelines. It can make the RSS owner unhappy or upset! The shopowner usually has protested, certainly for repeated raiding, and sometimes protests only to our nhood leadership team. We issue a warning and ask them to knock it off. If it repeats, a final warning with time for eviction for nh. If they respond and amend their ways, we will keep them and monitor behaviour.

    We have had to kick members for this, but there is no option really. Members cannot feel safe with raiding in their own nhood.
    Best, Barb
    I see. so better warn him/her about raiding. no need to set specific number of boxes. thanks a lot for your toughts I will do it

  3. #43
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringTulips View Post
    What do others consider 'raiding?'

    I don't do it, I don't think; I make almost everything I need and for other things I use the newspaper. But sometimes it seems unwanted things are sitting in a friend or group member or follower's market for a while. So sometimes I buy the lot, but it's usually a straggler item here and there with spaces between.

    However I used to have a few people who'd pounce on things I put in my market stall soon as it was in there, and would hover while I put things in and snap up everything, regardless of what it was. They'd do that as many times a day as I put things in.

    Is that raiding?
    well,on my nbh, if ppl keep buying almost everything in every sale,we consider it as raiding

    if they just do it once, from so many sale,we dont consider it at raiding yet

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by adsuperjenius View Post
    well,on my nbh, if ppl keep buying almost everything in every sale,we consider it as raiding

    if they just do it once, from so many sale,we dont consider it at raiding yet
    Thank you for your reply.

    I feel this way, too.

    My NH has no buying policy and are pretty low key (which I really like - the low key part.)

    But, for a while, I had some followers or something, who were sort of hovering and snapping up everything soon as I put it in the stall, as many times as I put it in the stall. The reason I found it dispiriting was that I began to feel I was on a treadmill and just feeding their game. There was nothing to look forward to. I like to see if I can help different people, or if I get new followers. That doesn't happen if one person's always taking it all.

    I don't mind if people clear out my stall, long as they do not do it every single day or more than once a day (unless a special exception and of course, anything listed in the newspaper is fair game, or if I tell them to come in, same thing.)

  5. #45
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringTulips View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

    I feel this way, too.

    My NH has no buying policy and are pretty low key (which I really like - the low key part.)

    But, for a while, I had some followers or something, who were sort of hovering and snapping up everything soon as I put it in the stall, as many times as I put it in the stall. The reason I found it dispiriting was that I began to feel I was on a treadmill and just feeding their game. There was nothing to look forward to. I like to see if I can help different people, or if I get new followers. That doesn't happen if one person's always taking it all.

    I don't mind if people clear out my stall, long as they do not do it every single day or more than once a day (unless a special exception and of course, anything listed in the newspaper is fair game, or if I tell them to come in, same thing.)
    yes.we got same point of view about this.

    So,about neighborhood,what is the best way to prevent and deal with raiders?

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by adsuperjenius View Post
    yes.we got same point of view about this.

    So,about neighborhood,what is the best way to prevent and deal with raiders?
    I don't think it is possible to prevent, but I think the leaders have a responsibility to eject people after they warn them not to raid. Explain to new members what raiding is and why you do not allow it. Then if they do it, either eject or give a warning and then eject the next time if they continue to raid.

    If the neighborhood leader(s) do not take a strong stance against raiding, or if the raider is a friend or follower not in your neighborhood, then you can delete a follower, I think, by holding down your finger on their name (icon) in the list, and then click the small X in the corner of their icon. By 'list' I mean the space with all of your followers, or friends, or neighbors in it.

    I had some people who were continually raiding my market and it was very stressful because I was using the game to relax and now it was making me more stressed; but then I googled how to delete followers and ahhh what a relief. Lol

  7. #47
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringTulips View Post
    I don't think it is possible to prevent, but I think the leaders have a responsibility to eject people after they warn them not to raid. Explain to new members what raiding is and why you do not allow it. Then if they do it, either eject or give a warning and then eject the next time if they continue to raid.

    If the neighborhood leader(s) do not take a strong stance against raiding, or if the raider is a friend or follower not in your neighborhood, then you can delete a follower, I think, by holding down your finger on their name (icon) in the list, and then click the small X in the corner of their icon. By 'list' I mean the space with all of your followers, or friends, or neighbors in it.

    I had some people who were continually raiding my market and it was very stressful because I was using the game to relax and now it was making me more stressed; but then I googled how to delete followers and ahhh what a relief. Lol
    ok thanks a lot for your tought. I nevr had any problem with friend and follower,as I keep unfollow ppl,so I dont have any follower. and I also unfriend those raiders who keep stalking at my shop almost everyday

    from now on, I'll try to explain to new member what to do in nbh sale.. willtell them not to take many item at once.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,713
    If you are going to have rules, they need to be very very specific. No raiding, do not be greedy etc make absolutely no sense to most people. The rule needs to be "never buy more than x number of crates in a 24 hour period from x number of hoodies" kind of thing. Otherwise, people with different opinions of greedy get very upset. I have actually had Greg buy stuff because of insane rules. My hood now has no rules, no hurt feeling and great helpers. A true neighbourhood. Avoid using terms like premium items, etc as this means various things to various people.

    If i do not want people to buy more than say 2 crates worth, i do not put up for sale more than 2 crates. Problem solved.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    92
    In my hood because we all help each other I don't think people feel the need to grab stuff because it's rare, and so people tend to take what they need from each shop. It is rare for no one to have an item that someone is looking for, and. I think that takes the pressure off neighbours swooping on everything in sight!

    We're pretty laid back and the only rule we have is to help others as much as you are able to.

    Most of my problems of people clearing out my shop come from the last helper tab, and so whilst I love helping people I no longer help random strangers as It annoys me when they haunt my shop and grab everything when I don't have an ad up.

    An ad in the DD means anyone can buy the lot if they want. No ad then Lurkers, either through last helper tab or followers is what can wind me up, especially when they grab stuff in the last box that I have put for a specific neighbour. I therefore delete any follower than I feel is clearing me out, and I don't help random people from the DD anymore.

    I also wanted to add that most people asking for help via the DD are great and don't cause issues. sadly it is a small minority that spoil it for everyone.
    Last edited by Daisy1st; March 28th, 2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added a comment

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by adsuperjenius View Post
    I see. so better warn him/her about raiding. no need to set specific number of boxes. thanks a lot for your toughts I will do it
    Raiding is an undefined, made up term. You DO need to set specific number of boxes or you will be misunderstood and feel that farmer is ignoring rules when actually it is the rules that are wrong

    Speed limit on highway is not "do not go too fast" it is xx kilometers per hour for a reason

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •