Thread: Clash of Clans - Offline Mode

Clash of Clans - Offline Mode

This thread on the forums is more meant towards people with WiFi activated tablets, or something else without service such as an iPod Touch.

Offline mode takes advantage of features of the game that can be potentially used for offline purposes. Things such as, single player levels, upgrades, collecting resources, and troop training may be done in this mode.

Say you want to upgrade a defense building, and you have a ton of gold. But you don't have WiFi! To avoid getting raided of 20% of your storages, you could start the upgrade whenever you need to using Offline Mode. Training troops can also be done, so that you may attack in the future when you DO get WiFi. Single player levels may also be played, since it doesn't require searching for a random player to attack, the level is already there and set up for you. Collecting resources from mines and collectors can also be utilized, so you have a lesser chance of being raided of 50% of your resources in all your collectors.

Again, Offline Mode can be utilized by EVERYONE, but helps out more towards the non-serviced devices by giving them crucial aspects of the game that can maybe be used offline. This also helps serviced devices by avoiding excessive data usage, just so they could get a few things done in the game.

Please consider using this in the game, because this can help out a TON of players, and it may make the game more enjoyable, and more "On The Go". Thank you for your time reading.

-njodell56

Wafflesaregoodforyou
    This idea will technically be impossible or abusable. Here is why:

Let's get this established first, the Client is your device where you are accessing the Server that Supercell is hosting. So your device, (the client) is always talking to the server.

Your idea makes it so the client is operating by itself, and as you know, if you lose connection your client is by itself. And when you get connection again the client re-syncs with the server. This is why when you lose connection during a raid yet you are still continuing the raid, the part you continued never happened according to the server, so when your client re-syncs with the server, your continued part of the raid never existed. So the server is what is making all the data possible.

With your way... it makes it so the client is controlling the situation. So when you start an upgrade on your device, and then get a connection, your client talks to the server instead of the server talking to the client as before. This is bad. The reason why you cannot h@ck in clash of clans is because in order to h@ck you need to h@ck the servers. You can't use iFile because you will be out of sync with the server. But if you play on your device without a connection, anybody can change a number of files in clash of clans, get free stuff, change the files back, and then connect with the server and the server will actually listen! Therefore h@cking is super easy and that's why this shouldn't happen. Hope this helps.

*Note I'm not a technical expert I am just talking from experience.
    Last edited by Wafflesaregoodforyou; July 20th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.

In a place behind the seven seas and the great mountains, in place so dreamy that swans sing
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesaregoodforyou View Post
    This idea will technically be impossible or abusable. Here is why:

Let's get this established first, the Client is your device where you are accessing the Server that Supercell is hosting. So your device, (the client) is always talking to the server.

Your idea makes it so the client is operating by itself, and as you know, if you lose connection your client is by itself. And when you get connection again the client re-syncs with the server. This is why when you lose connection during a raid yet you are still continuing the raid, the part you continued never happened according to the server, so when your client re-syncs with the server, your continued part of the raid never existed. So the server is what is making all the data possible.

With your way... it makes it so the client is controlling the situation. So when you start an upgrade on your device, and then get a connection, your client talks to the server instead of the server talking to the client as before. This is bad. The reason why you cannot h@ck in clash of clans is because in order to h@ck you need to h@ck the servers. You can't use iFile because you will be out of sync with the server. But if you play on your device without a connection, anybody can change a number of files in clash of clans, get free stuff, change the files back, and then connect with the server and the server will actually listen! Therefore h@cking is super easy and that's why this shouldn't happen. Hope this helps.

*Note I'm not a technical expert I am just talking from experience.
    This is the reason. Not just technically exploitable, very easily exploitable

To put it a bit more shortly and simply, if there was an offline-mode and you could collect resources while in it a h4cker could edit the CoC files and make it seem that the player collected full storages while offline even if that's not true. The servers would have no way to know of this abuse and would have to allow people maxing their bases in hours without gems or raiding.

Another thing, how could you exactly protect your resources by upgrading stuff whilst offline? The servers wouldn't know this and they'd allow someone to raid you and take those resources knowing only after that you actually used it already. Would they take the resources back from the attacker? Highly unlikely. Would the resources be dublicated? More likely but not still not that likely
    I'm a pristine
    sistine nun chucka'
    Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    I wonder, where's the fat lady? Hopefully warming her voice.

Fresh Spawn
    Hello, can anyone here tell me on how to offline mode in coc.tq

Quote Originally Posted by Syahid View Post
    Hello, can anyone here tell me on how to offline mode in coc.tq
    you can't. No such feature exists and it won't ever, for reasons stated.

I think the OP should see the flaw in their idea now.
    kimchi, of whozonbeer | TH11 | Lvl147

Pardon of intrusion of my idea but what about an offline mode where it made for training?, you know a mode that has:

Its has only single player function, you can fight the goblin king offline

Everything is free but it is not connected or link to any Google play account

What I meant its for practising only purpose, If your asking why not just practice on attacking on goblin, well i could, but it well take time before Im done cooking new troops and by that time I might already forgot the new strategy that I might thinking, what I'm really saying is, can you please release a training mod which is similar to the developers CoC app?, i really want to train my skills

To OP.
    So you want to do an upgrade to your collectors and you are sitting with 60,000 gold - quite enough to do the upgrade. Right?
    Wrong... You have been offline for how long? How do you know you still have 60,000 gold left? You may have been raided.

Putting aside the legitimate technical reasons already given above, keeping tabs on this would be impossible for SC. So no it wont happen.
    TH9 - On the Wall/Hero march