Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Misfits of War: A Family-Oriented, but motivated Raiding Clan

Misfits of War: A Family-Oriented, but motivated Raiding Clan

www.misfitsofwar.com

Misfits of War is an active clan looking for motivated members. We have members online at all times of the day and our elders are experienced players that are always willing to help others with regards to attack/defense strategies, base designs, troop composition, and much more.

Clan Requirements:
    - Level 60/TH7+
    - Level 4 Archers+
    - Pink Walls
    (L6)+

Current Member Count: 48/50 |9/6/13
    Current Recruitment Status: Open
    Next Event: TBD

(The majority of our members range from 60-100. Our one exception to the requirement level is if you have a friend referral. If you, the member, have a spouse, close friend, or co-worker that you feel would be an asset to the clan then we will accept them. In MoW, Family comes first - whether we are talking about or CoC family or our RL family. we encourage members to invite close friends to the clan. The majority of our members are RL co-workers, friends, and spouses so the atmosphere is very relaxed but fun!)

Be active!! – Our clan was created in October of 2012(Formally known as the Misfits) and the reason we are still alive today is due to our level of activity. A lot of us have developed quality relationships over these past months and it help grow as a person as well as a quality clan. We expect our new members to continue to grow in this manner.

Donations!! – Estabilished members in our clan are required to donate a minimum amount of 4 units per level per week. This means that a level 80 member is required to donate 320 troops per week (80 x 4 - 320). The only exception to this is new members. Failure to comply with these requirements will get you kicked unless you speak with an elder regarding this matter. We as a clan believe that Family comes first so if you have personal issues that lead to low levels of activity for the week let an elder know so you won’t be penalized. When requesting, we require to you state a preference of troops (archers only, giants only, etc.) before requesting or in the troop request window so that we can accommodate you.

Eldership!! – Eldership is earned, not given. Our eldership is based on your level of activity , donations and your willingness to help others progress. Once a month I have a meeting with my current elders to see if they feel any of our current members have met these requirements. NEVER ASK TO BECOME AN ELDER. PERIOD.

As stated earlier, our clan was created in October of 2012 and has grown slow and steady over the course of the last 6 months. I joined this clan when I was lvl 16 and have not looked anywhere else since. The clan was comprised of members of all different levels that were always willing to provide information to help one another – including me. Over the course of my time with the clan, I have developed a newfound respect for this game at the highest level and now spend most of my time helping other clan members with base designs and attacking strategies in between raids as well as many of you here on the forums. Even though I’m an elder, I don’t consider myself to be better than anyone. I am constantly looking for ways to improve my methods via farming and trophy hunting for my clan as well as myself. In addition, I am constantly learning from others within my clan who at first glance may seem inexperienced, but are very knowledgeable. The members of MoW treat everyone with the same respect regardless if you’re just the member or a clan leader and I can vouch for that.

As MoW's Clan leader, I will do everything in my power to make your experience a memorable one. Someday, I might have to take a leave of absence due to RL and be demoted an elder or even to member; none of this matters. At the end of the day, I will always have the one thing that matters the most – respect. My respect for my clan members and my clan’s member’s respect for me.

In conclusion, we are looking for active and motivated members and the fact that you, the reader, are going out of your way to visit these forums to learn more about the game to make you a better player makes you a prime candidate for our clan. If you like what you see – please stop by and give us a chance! You won’t regret it.

Our Application process is going through some changes due to the website going live. For the time being, please follow the instructions listed below.

(EFFECTIVE 6/27/13) When you summit your application via the website it will ask for a brief message. Please provide the following information in the space provided.
    1. In-game Name:
    2. Clan Name:
    3. Experience Level:
    4. Level of our preferred donation units (Archers/Dragons/Wizards):
    5. Your reason for joining MoW:

If you are accepted, you will be given a password which you can use to join in-game.
    . IF YOU DO NOT PUT IN THE PASSWORD YOU WILL GET REJECTED.

Thanks for your time.

~C.
    Last edited by childish; September 7th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    IGN: Childish! (Retired Clasher - 10/2013)
    Youtube Channel: LINK HERE
    Clan Elder: Misfits of War (www.MisfitsofWar.com)| Recruitment Thread |
    |TH9 Trophy | TH9 Farming(Testing)|
    | TH8 Hybrid v2.0 | TH8 Farming

Centennial Club

Forum looks great

Great job on the forum Childish it looks really good.
    Hello to anybody who is interested in our clan, I'm Mrs Maverick one of our clan elders. Just as childish said we have an amazing clan full of amazing members.

Duration:
    May 13 – May 27

Awards:
    st place - 1200 Gems ($10 iTunes Gift Card)
    nd Place500 Gems ($5 iTunes Gift Card)
    rd Place500 Gems ($5 iTunes Gift Card)
    th Place – Chooses a Clan Shield of his/her choice to represent our Clan!!

Rules:

Our clan will be divided up into four different TH Groups:

Group 1: TH Level 4/5/6 | 300 / 500 / 700 Starting Trophy Ranges
    (Lord Raxon, Righteous Anger, Fowl Territory, Mrs. Spartacus)
    Group 2: TH Level 7 | 900 – Lower Group / 1100 Upper Group
    (Lower: JP the Great, Bollefisk, Spartacus, Monarch006, Kandi1988, Gilbertis, YoloMaster | Upper: Isaac, Mark, Kenny6121, Aaron the Great, Mrs. Maverick, Sillybob, Tanner_12)
    Group 3: TH Level 8 | 1200- Lower Group / 1400 Upper Group
    (Lower: Martin Ardvission, Wendz, Kalil, Harry Bareham, Nic, Emco, Gadtica, Japa |Upper: Marv, Maverick, Jaydawg1995, Stridshjurta, Astreus, Geek.My, Neofisher, Con7e, Childish <---- I'm with stupid.)
    Group 4:
    TH Level 9 | 1500- Lower Group / 1700 Upper Group
    (Lower: Wertz, Arwen, Don_Nasty, TimaChill,Hades31153 | Upper: Babymaker269, Stephen, Linds the Great, Danne)

Within those groups there will be 2 subdivisions: Upper and Lower Group. Your group placement is dependent on your current Level in game. Generally Speaking, the higher your level at a TH level the farther along you are on your defense/wall/unit upgrades. Each group will have a starting trophy range. At the end of the trophy push, your starting trophy range will be subtracted by your current trophy level.

For example:

TH6 Mrs. Spartacus | LVL 36 | 1046 Trophies
    Starting Trophy Range | 700
    Current Trophy level after 2 weeks | 1352 – Net Trophy Gained : 652 Trophies

TH8 Lower: Emco | LVL 62 | 1251 Trophies
    Starting Trophy Range | 1200
    Current Trophy level after 2 weeks | 1819 - Net Trophy Gained: 619 Trophies

TH8 Upper: Childish | LVL 82 | 1519 Trophies
    Starting Trophy Range | 1400
    Current Trophy level after 2 weeks | 1951 – Net Trophy Gained: 551 Trophies

This shows that even though I had the higher trophy count out of the three members, Mrs. Spartacus would have won in overall trophies for the event.

The Preset trophy ranges allow for every member, experienced or not, to have a fair chance at winning.

The member with the highest trophies of THEIR TH Group will be recognized for their efforts and have their base design displayed for the COC community to sample if they so choose.

The member with the highest Net Trophy Gained will be considered for the top 4 prizes

Stay Tuned for Advanced Tactics/Tips on how to push your trophies to the highest level!!!

~C.
    Last edited by childish; May 25th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

Looks very good

Hello to all,
    Im also a elder of the MoW clan. Since I joined this clan I enjoy the game so much more! Not only do the members give great advice but they are also great company; friendly, funny and intresting. It really is like a second family and with our different nationalities the clan is almost non-stop active 24/7.

MoW clan really enhances the gaming experience over all. Love to see some new members soon!

Misfits of War | Event Archive
    4/23/13 - 5/1/13: Creativity Conte
    st!! | Winners: Astreus, Maverick & Gadtica

Rules:
    Members were asked to create a base design that is "Creative, but effective" regardless if it was a trophy base or farming base.

We had 15 participants and we were able to narrow it down to 3 bases that Danne(Elder) and myself believed met the criteria the best. It was definitely a hard contest to judge as there was about 7-8 good ones that were extremely creative, but judging from an attacker's standpoint, were easy to raid.

At the end of the day, Danne and I were blessed that so many people were eagered to participate. We both feel that doing this kinds of contest adds great morale within the clan, but also makes a member that much of a better raider.

Creating Unique base designs allows you to learn the mechanics/pathing of many units and therefore make you a better player. The more you understand about bases defensively makes you that much better of a raider offensively. The quicker we obtain loot for our members - the quicker we progress as a guild collectively!

Thanks again for everyone who participated. I'm looking forward to more great events in the near future.

~C.
    Last edited by childish; May 9th, 2013 at 07:58 AM.

/bump!! Clan is closed for the moment. Thanks for all of your reponses. We do have a few spots left but we are expecting a few people. If you are still interested just PM me and ill see what I can do. Thanks ~C.

member count updated!!

Clan is back open to invite only! 5 spots left. Remember to provide the pw upon sumbitting your request so we know you came from the forums!

Centennial Club

:)

Bump page

So excited about our newer members there fitting in great.

Centennial Club

Bump

Bump
    Welcome Lovely

member count updated!!

Welcome to teh clan Matt and welcome back former Elder, IQQ!! We miss ya boss!