View Poll Results: Rate Clan War Tournaments!

Voters
657. You may not vote on this poll
  • This idea rocks!

491 74.73%
  • This idea is good but could use some work

125 19.03%
  • This idea is not good!

18 2.74%
  • I can't read!

23 3.50%
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Clan War Tournaments!

Lightbulb Introducing: Clan War Tournaments!

Hey all! So after participating in a couple dozen wars with my clan, Pacific Group, and doing my usual playing too much CoC and being on the forums, I've been wondering what the next feature addition should be that I haven't already seen suggested. Some amazing proposals have already been made, including Mastermind's ideas and others' ideas for daily/weekly/monthly quests and for a more personalized in game profile with more stats. I'd like to make another suggestion related to Clan Wars, Clan Wars Tournaments! The sound of this idea is not super impressive or imaginative at first I know, but I'd like to share what I've come up with. Hope you like it! The short concept of this idea is in red, details are in green. If you find possible issues with this idea, refer to the bottom of this post which discusses possible solutions to mentioned issues. If you think of an issue with this idea that has not been addressed please comment! Please hold your vote until after considering the idea fully! If you can't read, I'm sorry.

Clan Wars: Tournaments!

-16 clans participate in a
    Single-elimination tournament.
    -6 day long event. 4 rounds of wars. Round 1 and 2 last 2 days per. 3rd and 4rd round are 1 & 1/2 day per. Elimination style.
    -Round 1: 1st set of wars begins the moment all 16 clans are matched and put into the bracket. 12 hour prep day. 24 hour war day follows.
    -Round 2: 2nd set of wars begin between the 8 winning clans from round 1. 12 hour prep day begins immediately following the end of round 1's wars. 24 hour war day follows.
    -Round 3: 3rd set of wars begin between the 4 winning clans from round 2. 12 hour prep day. 24 hour war day.
    -Round 4: The top 2 clans war for gold (1st place) and silver (2nd place). The other 2 clans who lost in roind 3 of wars also war for (bronze) and 4th (maybe next time!)
    -Along with the usual loot bonus for each war win, the top 3 clans are awarded a tournament loot bonus according to their placing! The rest of the clans also receive a smaller tournament loot bonus just as you get from losing a war. Not to confuse this from war bonuses. All clans receive this bonus at the end on top of each individual war bonus!
    -Each war won in the tournament will be added to the clan's "Wars Won" stat. A new stat "Tournaments Won" could be added.

Clan Wars: Tournament Details:
    -When a clan decides to partake in a Clan Wars Tournament, a co-leader or leader presses the war button just as if to start a regular war

-If the clan is not currently in a war, the co-leaders/leader will see the option to start a war and another button to start a tournament.
    -If a clan is in a regular war, they cannot start a tournament until after the regular war has finished.
    -The war map in a tournament is the same visually with the exception of an extra page that shows the tournament bracket. So when a player presses the War button, he/she can view the page of his/her clan's base map, the page of the enemy base map, and also the new third page of the war bracket.
    -Once a clan is in a war tournament, each tournament war's prep day will begin immediately after the previous war round concludes.
    -When a clan loses a tournament war, that clan cannot start another tournament until after the current one has completely concluded. The button "Start A Tournament" will be replaced with "View Tournament" until the current tournament is done. The only exception is if your clan loses in the semi-finals as that clan still wars during the last round for 3rd or 4th place.
    - BONUS LOOT: After each tournament war, clans will receive the normal bonus loot, win or lose. After the last week's wars have concluded, an additional bonus will be given as follows:
    -1st place: 15% of the bonus loot received in all wars in the tournament
    -2nd place: 10% of the bonus loot received in all wars in the tournament
    -3rd place: 5% of the bonus loot received in all wars in the tournament
    -4th-16th places: Small bonus x amount of wars won

- BONUS LOOT EXAMPLE: iDANglin's clan finishes their first clan tournament! In EACH war won, iDANglin earned 800,000 gold, 800,000 elixir, and 4,400 dark elixir in from war bonus loot. Here is how much of a tourney bonus iDANglin would receive depending on his clan's placement:
    -1st place: 4 wins= 480,000 gold, 480,000 elixir, 2,640 dark elixir.
    -2nd place: 3 wins= 240,000 gold, 240,000 elixir, 1,320 dark elixir.
    -3rd place: 3 wins= 120,000 gold, 120,000 elixir, 660 dark elixir.
    *Note: These bonuses would be given with the loot of the last war. For example if iDANglin's clan came in first, iDANglin would receive 1,280,000 gold, 1,280,000 elixir, and 7,040 dark elixir upon winning the last war.

Participation Regulations
    : Rules for participating in a Clan War Tournament are similar to regular wars. When viewing the clan roster, another symbol exists for tournaments next to the symbol for regular wars.
    -The current symbol for a player's regular war eligibility is of two swords crossing in front of a shield. The symbol for tournaments will be a (insert your awesome symbol idea here and in your comment).
    -Tourney symbol is non-existent if the player is an extra member at the bottom of the clan.
    -Tourney symbol is grey with a red loading bar if the member has a regular war or tourney war in progress in another clan.
    -Tourney symbol is a shiny bronze if the player's clan came in 3rd place
    in the last tourney and the member is eligible.
    -Tourney symbol is a shiny silver if the player's clan came in 2nd in the last tourney and the member is eligible.
    -Tourney symbol is a shiny gold if the player's clan came in 1st in the last tourney and the member is eligible.
    -Tourney symbol's color stays until placing in the next tourney.
    -During a Tournament war, both symbol's will disappear until that war is over. This means that a player cannot be participating in a regular war in one clan while participating in a tourney war in another clan.
    -Opt In/Opt Out. All participants opted in at the start of a tournament are the same participants for ALL wars within that tournament. If a member leaves or is kicked, he or she cannot be replaced with another member. No members can be opted in or out after a war tournament has started.
    -Only one war can take place at a given time by a player or a clan.
    -If a clan has been knocked out of a tourney, that clan and it's members cannot participate in another tourney until the current one has concluded. HOWEVER, the clan and its members can participate in regular wars, even during the times of the tourney's other wars. This means that clans can still war almost continuously regardless of tournament performance!

Known Issues With This Idea: (Need Ideas To Fix These Ideas!)
    -To make the tournament fair, the matchmaking would have to be at least as tight of parameters in searching for potential clans to match with as in regular clan wars. This means that matching all 16 clans together would take much longer than regular Clan Wars on average
    -Possible solutions:
    -Have the option to search for a Tournament only available at certain times of the week so that clans are searching at the same times. Ex: The ability to search for a tournament is only available between Friday and Sunday at specified times. If your clan is still searching at the end of that time, matchmaking will still continue to try to match you with other clans still searching, or matchmaking will all stop at said time and clans unmatched will have to wait until the next week.

Your feedback would be appreciated! I'm looking forward to communicating with you forumers to help me improve this idea. Especially looking for help with creating pictures to help make this and my other idea threads easier on the eyes since I know there's a lot of text! Thank you for reading

Thanks for helping me improve my thread:
    Dan93
    Issacium
    TheBuch4

And everyone else who commented!

Last edited by iDANglin; May 30th, 2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Shortened tournament length from a month to 6 days

Quote Originally Posted by iDANglin View Post
    Hey all! So after participating in a couple dozen wars with my clan, Pacific Group, and doing my usual playing too much CoC and being on the forums, I've been wondering what the next feature addition should be that I haven't already seen suggested. Some amazing proposals have already been made, including Mastermind's ideas and others' ideas for daily/weekly/monthly quests and for a more personalized in game profile with more stats. I'd like to make another suggestion related to Clan Wars, Clan Wars Tournaments! The sound of this idea is not super impressive or imaginative at first I know, but I'd like to share what I've come up with. Hope you like it! The short concept of this idea is in red, details are in green.

Clan Wars: Tournaments

-16 clans participate in a
    Single-elimination tournament.
    -4 week long event. One war per week until eliminated.
    -Week 1: 1st set of wars begins the moment all 16 clans are matched and put into the bracket.
    -Week 2: 2nd set of wars begin between the 8 winning clans.
    -Week 3: 3rd set of wars begin between the top 4.
    -On week 4, the top 2 clans war for gold (1st place) and silver (2nd place). The other 2 clans who lost in week 3 also war for (bronze) and 4th (maybe next time!)
    -Along with the usual loot bonus for each war win, the top 3 clans are awarded a tournament loot bonus according to their placing! The rest of the clans also receive a very small tournament loot just as you get from losing a war.

Clan Wars: Tournament Details:
    -When a clan decides to partake in a Clan Wars Tournament, a co-leader or leader presses the war button just as if to start a regular war.
    -If the clan is not currently in a war, the co-leaders/leader will see the option to start a war and another button to start a tournament.
    -If a clan is in a regular war, they cannot start a tournament until after the regular war has finished.
    -The war map in a tournament is the same visually with the exception of an extra page that shows the tournament bracket. So when a player presses the War button, he/she can view the page of his/her clan's base map, the page of the enemy base map, and also the new third page of the war bracket.
    -Once a clan is in a war tournament, each weekly tournament war will begin at the same time of the same day each week (ex: War tournament is matched on Tuesday at 6:00pm. All 4 wars will be on Tuesday at 6:00pm.)
    -Clans may still take part in regular wars during a tournament. However, only one war may take place at a time.
    -Clans cannot start a regular war during a weekly tournament war.
    -Clans may start a regular war after their weekly tournament war has ended.
    -Clans will no longer be able to start a regular war if the next tournament war begins within the next 48 hours.
    -Maintenance breaks add time to when the next tournament war will begin to avoid war overlapping.
    -When a clan loses a tournament war, that clan cannot start another tournament until after the current one has completely concluded. The button "Start A Tournament" will be replaced with "View Tournament" until the current tournament is done. The only exception is if your clan loses in the semi-finals as that clan still wars during the last week for 3rd or 4th place.
    - BONUS LOOT: After each tournament war, clans will receive the normal bonus loot, win or lose. After the last week's wars have concluded, an additional bonus will be given as follows:
    -1st place: 15% of the bonus loot received in all wars in the tournament
    -2nd place: 10% of the bonus loot received in all wars in the tournament
    -3rd place: 5% of the bonus loot received in all wars in the tournament
    -4th-16th places: Small bonus x amount of wars won

- BONUS LOOT EXAMPLE: iDANglin's clan finishes their first clan tournament! In each war won, iDANglin earned 800,000 gold, 800,000 elixir, and 4,400 dark elixir. Here is how much of a tourney bonus iDANglin would receive depending on his clan's placement:
    -1st place: 4 wins= 480,000 gold, 480,000 elixir, 2,640 dark elixir.
    -2nd place: 3 wins= 240,000 gold, 240,000 elixir, 1,320 dark elixir.
    -3rd place: 3 wins= 120,000 gold, 120,000 elixir, 660 dark elixir.
    *Note: These bonuses would be given with the loot of the last war. For example if iDANglin's clan came in first, iDANglin would receive 1,280,000 gold, 1,280,000 elixir, and 7,040 dark elixir upon winning the last war.

Your feedback would be appreciated! I'm looking forward to communicating with you forumers to help me improve this idea. Especially looking for help with creating pictures to help make this and my other idea threads easier on the eyes since I know there's a lot of text! Thank you for reading

Long story short: this is amazing

I LOVE this idea. You should add a poll so that i could say YESSSSSSSS on it.

Thanks guys!

Trainee

Love it but

time is too long for it to be over and next battle :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackeduplama View Post
    time is too long for it to be over and next battle :eek:
    Are you referring to the time it takes for a tournament to finish? Yes a month is quite long, but I figure it's common for many clans such as my own to not want to do 4 consecutive wars. However having a tournament play this way is certainly an option! I figure SC would not like to see clans earning that much tournament bonus loot that quick, though it would be well earned either way!

If this idea was added as is, clans could still do normal wars in between each weekly tournament war : )
    Last edited by iDANglin; July 13th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

Dude perfect idea my clan is a continous clan war clan!! And A CLAN WAR tournament would be perfect for my clan never thought of this really smart idea and AWESOME IDEA

Amazing Idea

Great idea should have been added alot earlier i hope sc sees this cause it is great. But i agree that one war a week is too long. A few minor adjustments and this is amazing. Great Job

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BAS3BALL4EV3R View Post
    Dude perfect idea my clan is a continous clan war clan!! And A CLAN WAR tournament would be perfect for my clan never thought of this really smart idea and AWESOME IDEA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceMan109 View Post
    Great idea should have been added alot earlier i hope sc sees this cause it is great. But i agree that one war a week is too long. A few minor adjustments and this is amazing. Great Job
    Thank you both! @Maceman maybe two wars a week making it a 2 week event? I just know that having the event be 4 continual wars would turn many clans away from it. Then again many clans would prefer it that way too so clearly I'm not sure myself on what would be best! Thanks for the input!

New Guy
    Great Idea, I would enjoy this a lot. It would put another competitive aspect to the game.
    This signature is awesome!