Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boat orders are getting worse

I actually had a boat I could fill this morning - raspberry muffins, cherries and indigo. It's the first boat I've done in the last 10. Yes, TEN, and that's about the average now for me. The boat requests aren't mixed, they are repeatedly asking for high-ingredient, high-value premium items, usually combined with sugar/dairy/fish raw ingredients. But they're not as bad, still, as the truck orders. My truck orders nowadays ask for things like 5 jams for 248 XP. HUH?? Or 28 sugars and who CARES how much xp that one offered. I try to be fair and consider that the town has changed my farming priorities, but I don't think that that is really the case. It's not that I want to hold onto my premium items for the town, it's that the boats are asking ONLY for those items anymore (2 kinds of pizza and casserole was one of yesterday's boat requests). I haven't seen a boat asking for any kind of clothing, either wool or cotton, in WEEKS. SC needs to seriously do some code tweaking on the boat and truck orders. There are enough complaints out there to warrant it. I'm just glad I have a fair amount of vouchers in all colors - I feel sorry for the new kids on the block who are trying to acquire them while playing this game the way it was meant to be played, meaning playing ALL aspects of it and not just focusing on town, boat or truck orders.

Truck orders are a joke.
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108
    I play daily and help a lot and appreciate those lovelies who help me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shealie54 View Post
    I actually had a boat I could fill this morning - raspberry muffins, cherries and indigo.
    I did too. I was shocked when I clicked on my boat this morning and saw: corn, blackberries, & eggs.

I'm just glad I have a fair amount of vouchers in all colors - I feel sorry for the new kids on the block who are trying to acquire them while playing this game the way it was meant to be played, meaning playing ALL aspects of it and not just focusing on town, boat or truck orders.
    Gold vouchers are my bane. It took me until my mid-to-late 30s to finally be able to get the tuxedo cat (which requires 4) because I almost never get them from boat orders. I'm level 45 now and I think I have 2 gold vouchers, so I've found/received a grand total of 6 so far. My husband's count is somewhere in the teens. He's gotten a ton of them from personal goal awards during events while I always get tools. He does a fraction of the boat and truck orders I do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcelle View Post
    I did too. I was shocked when I clicked on my boat this morning and saw: corn, blackberries, & eggs.

Gold vouchers are my bane. It took me until my mid-to-late 30s to finally be able to get the tuxedo cat (which requires 4) because I almost never get them from boat orders. I'm level 45 now and I think I have 2 gold vouchers, so I've found/received a grand total of 6 so far. My husband's count is somewhere in the teens. He's gotten a ton of them from personal goal awards during events while I always get tools. He does a fraction of the boat and truck orders I do too.
    I honestly think SC has done something to the frequency of gold voucher drops. I haven't had one in WEEKS and I'm an avid player. Boats, jewelry orders, lockboxes...I get all of the other colors, but no gold. Wait, I did get one or two in the last global event, but that's it. It's gotten to where I don't even look for them anymore. Glad I have all my animals, but again, I feel bad for new players. It's much more difficult now than it was just a few months ago.
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    Attachment 55377

Had this one two days ago. After I picked my jaw up off the floor I sent it on its way.
    I've had triple Jam boat, but never a triple dairy boat! That's evil!
    Last edited by HogFan; July 31st, 2014 at 06:29 AM.
    Level 95 Farm - Level 27 Town
    134/141 Achievements - 20 Machines Mastered
    iOS Player
    GC: Hog_Fan
    KiK: HDHog_Fan

I think that if the boat gives hard orders it should give better ticket reward sometimes the boat ask for hard things and it give backs a green ticket..

Earlier today I think I had 3 of the highest exp items on my boat.. Lemon pie, lobster salad and egg sandwich... I've never had one like it! Luckily I had all I needed - I'd post s screenshot but I don't know how. ~ Am I right these being some of (if not) the highest items ?

Turned away two dairy boats in a row. The first one wanted butter, pizza, and vanilla ice cream. The second wanted cheese, pizza, and cafe lattes. This is after two white sugar boats in a row earlier today! No wonder it looks like the global reward won't happen during this event!
    Playing Hay Day on iPad 3.
    GC id: niteowl1805
    Playing daily; started early May 2014; current level 73

I've filled a whopping four boats during this event. Four boats in 3 1/2 days is pitiful, and some of them requested premium items, but the constant barrage of green vouchers plus the lackluster prizes just don't make filling any more (which request premium items) worth it; however, my next one wants smoothies, blue sweaters and hot chocolate, so if the crates only want one chocolate each, I'll probably fill it. Maybe even two (chocolates per crate). Boats have become the WORST aspect of the game, unfortunately, and seeing the huge number of complaints, I'm really hoping SC starts taking notice and doing something about it, either mixing up the high-ingredient premium item requests with basic products and/or crops more often, or giving better vouchers for harder boats, etc. SOMETHING needs to happen. This aspect of the game has become an afterthought for me, much like filling only jewelry orders on trucks has.
    Shea

Speaking of lousy truck orders…the other day I had one asking for 17 syrup with a reward of 150 coins and 148 XP.

Wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Shealie54 View Post
    Boats have become the WORST aspect of the game, unfortunately, and seeing the huge number of complaints, I'm really hoping SC starts taking notice and doing something about it, either mixing up the high-ingredient premium item requests with basic products and/or crops more often, or giving better vouchers for harder boats, etc. SOMETHING needs to happen. This aspect of the game has become an afterthought for me, much like filling only jewelry orders on trucks has.
    The loudest complain is that we didn't reach the global event goal... even when we only needed to fill 10 boats in four days!

Edited to add:
    And I'm almost sure if most people that don't know about this forum or other sources of info about the game available on the internet are aware that they can cast boats off (the tutorial doesn't include that little detail)...

There are 100 products (including crops) that can be asked by boat orders (at my level). It's insane that only 14 (sugars, diary, jams, fish fillets and lobsters) are present in more than half the orders I get, sometimes more than once per boat.
    Last edited by betantx; August 5th, 2014 at 02:36 AM.