Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat orders are getting worse

New Guy

Boat orders are getting worse

Boat orders have just been plain awful recently, I've had to turn loads away. The other day it was Woolly Chaps, Shirts & Blackberries. today it's Syrup, White sugar and brown sugar, poor sugar mill has gone into overdrive. I know I don't have to accept these and can turn them away but I'm trying to build up my boat score and I like getting the coloured tickets!

I would love a boat with blackberries, chaps, and shirts! One person's hard to fill boat is another person's breeze - except for those darn dairy and sugar boats. I have filled the occasional syrup boat and do fill some dairy and sugar crates for neighbors, but any other dairy or sugar I ignore. Just keep sending them away. I find that demand often runs in cycles in this game. Could be random, could also be intentional on game developers part.

It's been a while since we've had a voucher event in the game. Hopefully one will come up soon.
    Started playing Hay Day January 2014.

I COMPLETELY agree. I've never been one to complain about boat orders because normally I'd get maybe 3 bad ones in a row at most, and then some easier ones would come along balancing things out, but ever since the town was introduced my boat orders have been over the top ridiculous. It's not that I'm suddenly short all the premium items where before the town I'd have more in stock. No, it's that the orders consistently involve not just one high-ingredient premium item (which is fine) but two and often times three. During the boating event I turned away 11 jam boats, 9 of them in a row, and in the 5 days of the event only managed to fill 5 boats. I don't even ask for easy peasy boats, i.e. wheat/corn/blue hats, I just ask for some VARIETY in the requests. Yesterday I turned a boat away asking for lobster soup, fish soup and lobster tails. I finally received a boat this morning asking for red scarves, wool and sugar cane. I haven't seen a boat that easy in over a month.

Boat orders have definitely changed for the worst, at least on my farm.
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108
    I play daily and help a lot and appreciate those lovelies who help me!

Banned
    Yes, I've noticed the same trend. For a while when I was completely focused on the town I just cast away all my boats. Now that I've relaxed on the town a bit (turning away customers - surprising how good that feels!) and am doing boats again, I'm finding them to be extremely difficult and end up still casting away most of them. I think SC needs to tweak the boat orders a bit to take into account the effect the town has had on our stocks - particularly fish/lobster, dairy, sugar and jams.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistStitch View Post
    I would love a boat with blackberries, chaps, and shirts! One person's hard to fill boat is another person's breeze - except for those darn dairy and sugar boats.
    Even the dairy and sugar boats are easy for some people. Lower level players tend to have lots of sugar and dairy, because they can make syrup, cheese, cream, etc. but don't yet have the cake oven, ice cream maker, etc. that use them up.

I remember being happy to find crates that needed brown or white sugar, or cream or cheese. I didn't understand why people complained about sugar and dairy boats. Hah! I found out as I leveled up.
    Level 215

Just last night a neighbor & I were discussing a change in boat orders since the town update. While I did manage to finish the last event, one thing we both noticed was the number of repeated orders for an item.

Normally I might get a back to back order once every 6 or 7 boats, or there might be a boat in between two asking for, say, muffins, but lately, there have been a lot of consecutive boats asking for the same thing. During the event I had four straight boats asking for feta salad, and of those four, there were other items that were wanted on five other boats later on. That's 9 of 12 that asked for duplicate items. Those sort of orders make it really difficult, if not impossible, to replenish stock in a timely manner.

Fortunately, I'm a hoarder with a decent sized barn, so with some help from great neighbors & good luck in the DD, I wasn't completely wiped out, still I've been busy ever since restocking just a small number of items. Variety IS down on orders. I haven't seen a pumpkin pie or popcorn order in weeks, just boat after boat asking for premium items or my supplies of sugar, dairy, & fish.

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    Even the dairy and sugar boats are easy for some people. Lower level players tend to have lots of sugar and dairy, because they can make syrup, cheese, cream, etc. but don't yet have the cake oven, ice cream maker, etc. that use them up.

I remember being happy to find crates that needed brown or white sugar, or cream or cheese. I didn't understand why people complained about sugar and dairy boats. Hah! I found out as I leveled up.
    All true, and I realized after I posted that when I was in my 20's and early 30's I had plenty of sugar to give out - of course we're talking about levels here... and I filled my own crates with both dairy and sugar. Once I got into a neighborhood I stopped filling boats with either dairy or sugar and offered it to higher level neighbors. It was one way I could help them out when they had been so generous helping me out in my 30's and 40's - again we're still talking about levels.

So I'll amend my advice and say that I recommend a player to cast off any dairy or sugar boat when it's too difficult for them to fill the crates. Of course everyone's mileage varies, but I never think that 15+ creams or sugars is worth what is likely going to be a green voucher.

And while I'm throwing out advice, I also suggest if a player can't fill at least one or two jam crates themselves, they should cast those off too. I know some people don't like to wait four more hours for another boat to come in if they cast one off - and the next boat may ask for dairy or sugar too - but I've seen boats sit for their entire 16 hours waiting for someone to fill crates with those hard to come by items.

Success in this game is not just accomplished by completing orders and requests, but also knowing when to refuse them. As has been said many times on this board, Hay Day is a marathon and not a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    but lately, there have been a lot of consecutive boats asking for the same thing.
    While I personally have not noticed individual boat orders being more difficult to fill, I have noticed the duplication of items in consecutive boats. I had three boats requesting cherry juice the other day and today I have two asking for fish sandwiches. I too have a large barn with many items stocked up and could have filled all three cherry juice boats, but I determined it just wasn't worth it to me.

Reading this thread along with the thread discussing the lack of good jewelry truck orders, I'm now wondering if SC is intentionally slowing down voucher disbursement.

I have to agree...I've never sent away as many boats as I have in the last few weeks. Fortunately, I'm done with all the boating achievements and don't really care about where I stand score-wise, but I DO like to get the experience points and tickets, lol. Since I've been sending away so many boats, I've started doing a couple of regular truck orders here and there, whereas until a couple of weeks ago, was just doing jewelry orders and townies.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Quote Originally Posted by d2l5p2 View Post
    I have to agree...I've never sent away as many boats as I have in the last few weeks. Fortunately, I'm done with all the boating achievements and don't really care about where I stand score-wise, but I DO like to get the experience points and tickets, lol. Since I've been sending away so many boats, I've started doing a couple of regular truck orders here and there, whereas until a couple of weeks ago, was just doing jewelry orders and townies.
    I am in the same boat D2 and now back to back syrup boats, both being sent away. I feel very fortunate that all the boat achievements were completed a while ago.

Farm Level 189. Town 59.😊
    Please PM for farm ID.