Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rarest expansion materials?

Trainee
    I'm in dire need of tape and panels. I'm trying wheating, and it's working pretty well, but I'm not just getting what I need. I have tons of screws and bolts, so I wish there was a better way to get these items besides wheating or having someone else help you.

-Freckles

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    Well, it's not true according to me!

The reason I joined this forum was because I had over 100 bolts, and 2 planks.

Bolts are not rare for me. I get 20 a day without even trying.

And often my offers of bolts for planks get no response. (Admittedly, one reason might be that I'm on Android, which makes trading harder.)

The trade thread is a fluke. It's one small group of players, that has zero effect on the game as a whole. Most players don't even come here, let alone use the trading thread.

Because it's such a small group of people, it can be really fluky. One day everyone wants panels, the next you can't give them away.
    Janilee I agree with you. I have at least two people (hopefully three???) who give me bolts for planks. Since planks are my common item on both my and Katie's farm, we have plenty here. I get bolts on one farm, she gets tapes, and I used to get tapes on my old farm. Our rares are tapes on mine, bolts on hers and bolts on my old farm. Our in between switches but it is usually planks. While we help each other I still get the bolts we need in exchange for planks from a couple of my favorite barn buddies. I never go to the trade threads. But we don't trade until we get close or if our plentiful item gets out of hand. So we usually just trade ten - 15 at a time. The rest we earn on our own. All without buying a single diamond . Each BEM costs 8 diamonds. I did it once when I only needed five of each to expand. Knowing what I know now, I'd never do it again. It's just too easy to work around barn limits by stacking..

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 141​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Wow, seeing all these comments about how hard it is to find bolts makes me feel special lol. I think I even got a bolt for cutting down a tree once. I don't have very many right now, though.
    Last edited by HayDayinHoosierState; June 27th, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Janilee I agree with you. I have at least two people (hopefully three???) who give me bolts for planks. Since planks are my common item on both my and Katie's farm, we have plenty here. I get bolts on one farm, she gets tapes, and I used to get tapes on my old farm. Our rares are tapes on mine, bolts on hers and bolts on my old farm. Our in between switches but it is usually planks. While we help each other I still get the bolts we need in exchange for planks from a couple of my favorite barn buddies. I never go to the trade threads. But we don't trade until we get close or if our plentiful item gets out of hand. So we usually just trade ten - 15 at a time. The rest we earn on our own. All without buying a single diamond . Each BEM costs 8 diamonds. I did it once when I only needed five of each to expand. Knowing what I know now, I'd never do it again. It's just too easy to work around barn limits by stacking..

I would love to be your bolt for plank trading partner Tiggerr. Like Janilee, my farm spews bolts, and planks are only found from very nice visitors in town or in neighbors' RSSs. I have no interest in joining the trading forum, so I'm out of luck there. I think every farm has their rare items and it does differ from farm to farm. Mine has ALWAYS been planks, panels, deeds, and now bricks. Except when I am "this close" to the next level it doesn't bother me much anymore. I'm trying to learn to enjoy the "trip" as much as the destination. Trying being the operative word.
    GC: momx15. Level 84, Town level 18. Playing HayDay since 2013, just not in a hurry.
    Welcome new friends. My farm is Semper Feist Farms.