Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rarest expansion materials?

Centennial Club

Rarest expansion materials?

Is the percent chance of obtaining an item the same for all players, or is every player/account different?

the hardest things for me to find are planks and nails and marker stakes.
    Last edited by LordMagikarp; June 26th, 2014 at 11:15 PM.
    GC: GeekyGeeky
    Kik: GeekyGeeky
    Currently lvl 48. Very active. I can help with boat orders and plant revivals.
    Town Reputation: 13
    | Captain III | Turbo Trucker III | Citizen Kane III |

I believe it's wired differently for everyone. For me, finding planks and screws is a pain. But my farm has been hemorrhaging nails and bolts since I started playing.

I think it's a ploy by Supercell to get you to use/buy diamonds for the tools you lack.

Quote Originally Posted by HayDayinHoosierState View Post
    I believe it's wired differently for everyone. For me, finding planks and screws is a pain. But my farm has been hemorrhaging nails and bolts since I started playing.

I think it's a ploy by Supercell to get you to use/buy diamonds for the tools you lack.
    Some say it's a ploy to get us to work together. Since my rare item changes over time I tend to think it is an attempt to keep the game interesting. It's no fun if it's easy.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 141​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

In my experience trading expansion items here on the forums, bolts seem highly requested. Some may argue this is due to farmers prioritizing barn expansion first. Though, if this were the primary cause then Why are there not more offer posts for bolts in the trade thread? Relative to the drop rate of all the other items, bolts may drop less to, yes, encourage real money purchases.

The core of the game is entirely free, and only extra storage and production slots are the price of luxury. It's when this drop rate is too low, that it places an unfair burden on hay day's customers, forcing them to spend more then their. Comfortable with.

Leaving an ethical question of how Supercell values it's customers. In my opinion, it'd be no surprise to see a balance update soon.

Heck I've spent well over thirty dollars on this game happily thus far, but if a change doesn't happen. I'll be questioning how much more I'll spend.
    Last edited by Plumber714; June 27th, 2014 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumber714 View Post
    In my experience trading expansion items here on the forums, bolts seem highly requested. Some may argue this is due to farmers prioritizing barn expansion first. Though, if this were the primary cause then Why are there not more offer posts for bolts in the trade thread? Relative to the drop rate of all the other items, bolts may drop less to, yes, encourage real money purchases.

The core of the game is entirely free, and only extra storage and production slots are the price of luxury. It's when this drop rate is too low, that it places an unfair burden on hay day's customers, forcing them to spend more then their. Comfortable with.

Leaving an ethical question of how Supercell values it's customers. In my opinion, it'd be no surprise to see a balance update soon.

Heck I've spent well over thirty dollars on this game happily thus far, but if a change doesn't happen. I'll be questioning how much more I'll spend.
    You don't have to spend a dime. I am on level 80 on one farm having spent only a couple bucks and level 74 on another and never bought any diamonds at all. My barns are at 2200 give or take a few and I got there without spending any money. The only money I spent was on a few decorations. SC is very generous with the diamonds they give us. They just gave us ten for an event and five earlier in the week for a maintenance break. This doesn't include all the ones that pop up in tool boxes (20 for me just last week) and those we get for leveling and achievements. I think SC values it's customers very much.

I just upgraded my barn today and also my town and personal train. All with expansion material I got by playing. I also helped my kid update her silo, because mine is big enough. I get plenty of bolts. I was waiting on tapes. You just have to be patient and play a lot. The balance is fine.
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; June 27th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 141​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

They are all different for different people.

For me bolts are rare while some have bolts but less planks.

And as per users, we get more of what we already have in plently
    So its better to sell off the excess
    Hay Day - level 68 - Rep 15 - Farming with Nobody!
    Boom beach - XP lvl 62 - HQ 20 - Booming with Nobody!
    Clash Royale - XP 11 - 3800 trophies - Boggers united recruiting - friendly, fun, donation!
    Clash of Clans - XP 112 - HQ 9 - Clashing with clasher smasher!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumber714 View Post
    I don't think this is true. If you think about it, bolts have to drop at the same rate as planks and tapes in the game. You need an equal number of each to expand, and there's no other way to get them out of the game. Boats and trucks don't ask for them, and neither do the little people.

If there truly were fewer bolts dropping, then the excess planks and tapes would become nearly worthless. They'd sit around people's roadside stands until Greg bought them.

But that doesn't happen. Every type of expansion item sells at warp speed, for max price. That tells me they fall at an equal rate in the game. (Though not on my farm, where bolts are everywhere and planks scarce as hen's teeth.)

So why do some expansion items appear to have more trade value than others here? Possibly it's just a fluke, but I suspect it's because people hoard one type over another. It's always the first one listed. Bolts for BEMs, nails for SEMs, deeds for LEMs.

I remember one person who had fully expanded his land posting that he kept 10 markers, 10 mallets, and 100 deeds, just in case. I asked why 100 deeds, and he said because they're more in demand for trading.

You can see how thinking that way can actually make one type of expansion item rarer than the others, at least in the trade thread.
    Level 215

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    I don't think this is true. If you think about it, bolts have to drop at the same rate as planks and tapes in the game. You need an equal number of each to expand, and there's no other way to get them out of the game. Boats and trucks don't ask for them, and neither do the little people.

If there truly were fewer bolts dropping, then the excess planks and tapes would become nearly worthless. They'd sit around people's roadside stands until Greg bought them.

But that doesn't happen. Every type of expansion item sells at warp speed, for max price. That tells me they fall at an equal rate in the game. (Though not on my farm, where bolts are everywhere and planks scarce as hen's teeth.)

So why do some expansion items appear to have more trade value than others here? Possibly it's just a fluke, but I suspect it's because people hoard one type over another. It's always the first one listed. Bolts for BEMs, nails for SEMs, deeds for LEMs.

I remember one person who had fully expanded his land posting that he kept 10 markers, 10 mallets, and 100 deeds, just in case. I asked why 100 deeds, and he said because they're more in demand for trading.

You can see how thinking that way can actually make one type of expansion item rarer than the others, at least in the trade thread.
    No. It is true according to me.

I am ready to give every other expansion for bolts but still there are no responses (except one with which I can't trade)
    It has been such a time that bolts are rare for many.

About the expansions selling fast, people buy expansions like mad. They don't see if they need or not, just stacking.
    Hay Day - level 68 - Rep 15 - Farming with Nobody!
    Boom beach - XP lvl 62 - HQ 20 - Booming with Nobody!
    Clash Royale - XP 11 - 3800 trophies - Boggers united recruiting - friendly, fun, donation!
    Clash of Clans - XP 112 - HQ 9 - Clashing with clasher smasher!

Well, it's not true according to me!

The reason I joined this forum was because I had over 100 bolts, and 2 planks.

Bolts are not rare for me. I get 20 a day without even trying.

And often my offers of bolts for planks get no response. (Admittedly, one reason might be that I'm on Android, which makes trading harder.)

The trade thread is a fluke. It's one small group of players, that has zero effect on the game as a whole. Most players don't even come here, let alone use the trading thread.

Because it's such a small group of people, it can be really fluky. One day everyone wants panels, the next you can't give them away.
    Level 215

In comparison I have loads of planks/panel/stake, medium bolt, screw, mallet and rare tape, nail, deed.
    However when looking at the whole picture of playing people I would guess that each material in their category (BEM, SEM, LEM) should be more or less equal. When you cant find a person to trade with perhaps your *pool* of friends to draw from isnt varied enough. For times like those the trading thread often gives a way out, and who knows they might decide to keep you on their friendlist and by working together you make some new friends . My FL is almost entirely made up out of previous trading partners and quite a few of them (even if I dont talk to everyone :P) still work together with me on their and my own boats for instance .
    Martinus lvl 75 (16T) on android.
    fully mastered: sugar, dairy, popcorn, BBQ, bakery, cake, loom, icecream, pie, juice, smelters, jam, soup, candy, sauce.
    Achievements: 105/108 (missing gold miner3, helter melter3, town explorer3)