Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ian's TH9 Anti-Hog Northern Tesla Trap

  1. #11
    Centennial Club Ian3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    An interesting concept but it doesn't seem to be working. As your defense logs show, every serious hog attack has starred you and gotten 50%+.
    i guess because i have no level 3 giant bombs
    Quote Originally Posted by Natesmiles View Post
    Interesting idea, i like drawing people to certain locations.


    You might be better off adding more spring traps up at the top, for instance between your tesla and wizard tower. I only say this because if your goal is to have people attack from the north you want those hogs to die as quick as possible.
    great idea. will move more traps north
    Level: 114
    Town Hall: 10
    Trophy PR:​ 3217 (Champ 3)

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    73
    Using this right now. Will let you know how it goes.


  3. #13
    Centennial Club Ian3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Grad View Post
    Using this right now. Will let you know how it goes.

    the archer towers have to be replaced by non-defensive structures or else the hogs will go into the middle
    Level: 114
    Town Hall: 10
    Trophy PR:​ 3217 (Champ 3)

  4. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    862
    IMO a weakness is two of your AD are easily hoggable and untrapped too (plus far away from CC troops/hero so easy to destroy with a few hogs).

    Throw lightning at a third slightly recessed AD and you have a base with one AD placed shallow in the base to defend against a strong drag/rage (1 rage prob all that would be needed) combo. In Clan Wars I'm guessing that base would get three starred that way (hog two easily, lightning third then mass drag/rage) although mass drag attacks are much less likely in regular farming.

    PS- you mentioned for pushing not wars so as mentioned prob less likely to get hit by an all drag or drag/hog or drag/minnies combo.
    Last edited by littlefish; June 28th, 2014 at 11:45 PM.

  5. #15
    Centennial Club Ian3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
    IMO a weakness is two of your AD are easily hoggable and untrapped too (plus far away from CC troops/hero so easy to destroy with a few hogs).

    Throw lightning at a third slightly recessed AD and you have a base with one AD placed shallow in the base to defend against a strong drag/rage (1 rage prob all that would be needed) combo. In Clan Wars I'm guessing that base would get three starred that way (hog two easily, lightning third then mass drag/rage) although mass drag attacks are much less likely in regular farming.

    PS- you mentioned for pushing not wars so as mentioned prob less likely to get hit by an all drag or drag/hog or drag/minnies combo.
    you are right. the base is very vulnerable to air attacks. i usually get 2-3 stared by balloonion i guess i will try modify the base to get air defense in the core
    Level: 114
    Town Hall: 10
    Trophy PR:​ 3217 (Champ 3)

  6. #16
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Grad View Post
    Using this right now. Will let you know how it goes.

    move the mortor back the 1 square so the trap would work more consistantly

  7. #17
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,045
    Not a bad concept, with a max TH9 defence that could well work really well.
    - Retired -

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian3 View Post
    the archer towers have to be replaced by non-defensive structures or else the hogs will go into the middle
    Hog ring still works from what I can tell.they go at, tesla,wiz.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfoz View Post
    move the mortor back the 1 square so the trap would work more consistantly

    There isnt a square back to move the mortar to.

    seems to be working. 1star against a tough army in clan war.

    Last edited by Grad; June 29th, 2014 at 04:19 AM.

  10. #20
    Trainee
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Thumbs up Tisk tisk

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian3 View Post
    bump......
    bumping isnt allowed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •