Thread: [GUIDE] How to become an ELITE FARMER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[GUIDE] How to become an ELITE FARMER

I'm re-making my guide to try to go in-depth a little more and bring in a few points I've discussed in a recent thread.
    My other Farming Thread can be closed, I will edit the OP out to /Thread.
    Hope ya'll enjoy!

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
    2. Knowing Your Cost
    3. Army Composition
    4. What kind of base to find
    5. Should I attack or skip
    6. How to attack the base
    7. Completing the raid
    8. The Importance of a Farming Base
    9. Tips N' Tricks
    10. Pay It Forward

1: Introduction

This guide was created to help members of the GroundsFamily who are not expert farmers. This guide is intended to help everyone who reads it, regardless of their TH level. I've spent quite a bit of time on this thread, a rate and bump on the thread telling me how I've done will be amazingly appreciated and all criticism will be taken constructively to improve this guide.
    Thank You!

2: Knowing Your Cost

Here I am going to discuss what you need to know before you even consider farming. Knowing the cost of what you have BEFORE you start finding a base is the most important key in farming. You don't want to hit a big jackpot raid of 800k combined, only to find out it's costed 600k in elixir to raid him.

So, after reading Step #3, find out what your army composition costs(INCLUDING SPELLS) and memorize that.
    If you fail to do so, It will hurt you in the end.

3: Army Composition

Army Composition is also very important. This is a subject that can be disputed between a lot of farmers. However, any true farmer will tell you that BARCH is the fastest, and cheapest, method of farming.

Depending on your TH and how many barracks you have, I've found the best composition is training 24/7 of 2 Barracks of barbarians, 2 Barracks of Archers - AKA - BARCH

After you train your army, find out about how much it costs. I usually add 2-3k on top of that number to counter for extra archers or extra barbs depending on training time since barbs train faster than archers.

4: What kind of base to find

The point of BARCH Is to find Collector Raids, So before you go any further - Make sure you know what a full collector looks like compared to a not full collector!

Empty Low Half Almost Full Full

Empty Low Half Almost Full Full

So, If the collectors are nice and full and there's enough resources to pay for your army + a nice gain, go for it!

5: Should I attack or skip

Finally, once you've figured out how many resources there are, and where they are in the base, you need to make the decision to attack or not. In the end, it is up to you to determine if the Risk vs Reward makes a base worth attacking, or if you should keep looking for another base.

Risk Factors Reward Factors
    How many troops will you have to deploy? How many resources are available in total?
    Chance they have clan castle troops?* How many resources are easy to steal?
    If they do have CC troops, are they in a good spot? Or can you draw them out easily? Are there collectors you can pick off for free? How much is in them?
    Chance of hidden Teslas? (TH7 and above) Exposed or semi-exposed storage(s)?

• Look for tombstones indicating clan castle troops may have already been killed in a prior attack.

Use all of the above steps to determine the risk/benefit of attacking a particular base. You can ‘scan’ the base in 10 to 30 seconds quite easily. Are you getting close to the end of the 30 seconds? Just let the 30 seconds run out! If you don’t deploy troops, you can still click “End Battle” without taking a loss. Use the extra time to determine if you actually want to attack the base or not. Remember, once you deploy troops, you can't 'Undo'!

(For Source of "Should I attack or not?" Click Here)
    Keep in mind, After that 30 seconds, You are running out on Battle Time!

6: How to attack the raid

So, How do you use BARCH? It's pretty simple. Your Archers are the DPS(Dmg per second) and your Barbarians are the tanks(aka Meat Shields). Why not use giants as tanks? Takes too long. Don't do it. Use Barbarians.

Now, What you want to do is attack a side of the base where there are Almost full-Full collectors, drop a line of Barbarians to take damage away from Archers, Then drop some Archers for some DPS. Right After you drop a few Archers, drop about 3-5 More barbarians if the collectors are not gone yet and barbarians have died. The last thing you want is for your Archers to die before the collectors are raided! Then, Rinse and repeat.

A few things to look out for:

• Clan Castle
    • Heroes(Barbarian King / Archer queen)
    • Inferno Towers
    • Missing Resources Graphical Glitch(Not 100% sure if this was fixed yet or not)

Missing Resources Graphical Glitch

The missing resources graphical glitch is, as my name for it implies, a glitch where a 100% full elixir collector or gold mine can appear as empty. Often when the glitch occurs, well more than half of the collectors will appear as empty. Sometimes all will appear as empty. When attacked, however, it will reward the correct amount of the resource, along with the accompanying animation which shows lots of elixir bubbles/gold coins pouring out.

You can detect this glitch quite easily once you've trained yourself to look for it. If there is one collector or mine that is full, and then several that are empty right next to it (and they're all the same or nearly the same level) it is quite easy to tell that the graphical glitch is occurring. You can also look at the storage and if they appear in the 'empty or nearly empty' graphical representation, and yet there is a TON of resources available to be stolen, the resources are likely to be in the collectors and mines yet invisible due to this glitch. Alternative (and harder) ways to detect it include looking for signs of abandonment, such as lots of uncollected tombstones.

(For the Source for Missing Resources Graphical Glitch and Collector Pictures Click Here)

7: Completing the raid

Completing the raid is quite simple, just take resources, hit 1 star and leave right? WRONG.

This topic is one people will argue about, and it is justifiable both ways. So I will explain mine.

When you're farming for resources, Trophies should not be a priority. Resources should. This is 1 mistake that
    I've seen farm too many people make. Everyone complains about loot, and it's because everyone farms differently, and most wrong.

When you are farming, ideally you want to get all the resources and leave before hitting 40%. Why? The possibility of seeing him again, or the possibility of a friend seeing him. However, This doesn't apply to all raids.. If you see a raid with 800k, or 700k, or maybe even 600k combined, It would be more beneficial to raid loot and leave. The chances of him, or one of your friends who are actively farming finding him is greater than people think. When you hit 40%, they get a shield, and that removes him from farmable bases. Doing so, means less loot for not only you, but your clan members! I've seen it happen first hand, It's not an every day thing - But when people are stressing for loot, that 1 base for an extra 600k to one of your mates is worth giving up 15 trophies for. Especially when you can TH snipe them back!

8: The Importance of a Farming Base

Make A Farming Base! Head on over to ClashofClansBuilder and find a good Farming Base.
    There are quite a few reasons why you want to have a Farming Base. Here they are;

• Resource Storages are protected better
    • Town Hall is outside to give Trophy Pushers free trophies, and you a free 12 hour shield
    • Less Resources are stolen from you!

I cannot name how many times I've sniped a TH in the last 3 days while trophy pushing, Literally hundreds. They
    put their TH outside because they don't want to lose resources, So I give them a shield, they give me trophies. This is a win for Trophy Pushers AND YOU! DO IT!

I also cannot name how many times I've had my TH sniped and saved TONS of resoures, Especially Dark Elixir!

9: Tips N' Tricks

Here are a few things to look out for when farming:

Storages near edge of base

no builders working

gravestones(indicates that traps are not rearmed because of a recent attack)

no shield(look at top left to see his league, if no shield - he's been inactive for a few days)

unsemetrical side of base(tends to have no traps on the smaller side)

unloaded inferno tower

gravestones may also indicate no clan castle troops

Before choosing a league to farm, find out what league's win bonus will pay for your army!
    Then, the only thing you have to do is 1 star, and any resources you get are 110% pure profit!!!

If this guide helps even just 1 person, I will be happy!

10: Pay It Forward

Pay it forward! Give me all your google codes! Haha. J/k
    You want to pay it forward? Give this thread a like, a comment, and help other people see it!

Got any submissions to add? PM them to me and I will see where they can be added. Try to include as much detail and pictures as possible!

Thanks everyone!

BF3ISBOSS has uploaded a video on youtube to show you
    Just how effective BARCHing is, not only at lower-mid TH but at TH9!

Also shows Battle log live on video to show you its profitable.

Banned
    Didn't you already do something like this, or was it a different guide. Also more images or video clips would help new members alot more
    Last edited by Concussions; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Concussions View Post
    Didn't you already do something like this, or was it a different guide. Also more images or video clips would help new members alot more
    Read the beginning of my OP xD

But yes, I did, and apologize for creating a new thread.

The Edit function was messing up and wouldn't let me save, so I just re-created it.

I will work on trying to add more pictures, but I'm not sure what else I really need to explain.
    If you really want to improve farming, reading everything in this thread is quite important. So they
    should get the point =]

Quote Originally Posted by Concussions View Post
    maybe try actually reading the little letters that are in the post before commenting on it. seems you reply to each and every thread with an equally useless post.

congratulations, CoC Forum Buzzkill!

EDIT: To OP, thanks for this! The more farming tutorials the better, FARM ON!
    Last edited by enOehT; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:39 PM.
    The One
    Lvl 106 TH9

Quote Originally Posted by Mendicus View Post
    I had not been drinking, had not taken any drugs, and I can assure you I watched the attack live and the guy one starred him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by enOehT View Post
    maybe try actually reading the little letters that are in the post before commenting on it. seems you reply to each and every thread with an equally useless post.

congratulations, CoC Forum Buzzkill!

EDIT: To OP, thanks for this! The more farming tutorials the better, FARM ON!
    So i'm the buzzkill, Yet your starting a argument? Please. if you want to argue take is to private message. Move along junior.
    Last edited by Concussions; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:44 PM.

Nice guide... What do you find is a good trophy range atm?

Banned
    It's a good guide for barching, but knowing how to barch well doesn't automatically make you an elite farmer. First off, barchers are some of the most likely people to find inconsistent loot, since they're so reliant on inactives for loot. Other, more flexible strategies that allow attackers to hit either storages or collectors make attackers less vulnerable to fluctuations in the availability of full mines/collectors.

Also, while barch (or bam) is probably the best farming strategy if you're farming for 10 hours straight, many people don't have that kind of time. For example, I prefer a 40 minute army that lets me attack and then log off for half an hour to do other things, and while I'm not an elite farmer, I've done a pretty good job of pulling in loot. If you could do similar guides for a few other strategies, it would offer your members and forumers the option to pick the strategy they think they're best suited for, which will probably make them better farmers.

Comprehensive guide. Thanks
    Jerome Dinampo
    [ Village: jerkiejerx :: Clan: ShockWow Wars :: Site: http://clashofclanspuretactics.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by NeuralFusion View Post
    Army Composition is also very important. This is a subject that can be disputed between a lot of farmers. However, any true farmer will tell you that BARCH is the fastest, and cheapest, method of farming.

BAM is actually faster bc you have all barracks working and both dark barracks working

Retired from COC.
    Royale: Level 9 Legendary Arena
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikifreak View Post
    seriously, how about talking to people before you rob them?
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome105 View Post
    Shut up. This is about my achievement, not yours. Make your own thread if you want congratulations. This thread is all about me.