Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to build and run your own clan successfully (NOW COMPLETED)

Making a clan

Is lvl41 and th6 too weak to make a clan?

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa1992 View Post
    Totally agreed with the first point. There are so many clans with the same name. Looking for the right one is not an easy task. Luckily, I find my current clan in Clan Wars Assist with detailed search. It works good.
    Yep, have that app in the OP. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcrossover11 View Post
    Is lvl41 and th6 too weak to make a clan?
    Hi

I definitely would never say you're too weak to make a clan, you can do it at any lvl. The things you have to keep in mind though is more experience players will not target your place as a clan, players near your lvl will suit the most if you make a clan. If you recruit in global, you will mostly get people in your lvl range or lower, unless the clan has expanded to a huge alliance. A lvl 41 like you will probably make an average clan with the most comman causal players, which are between the 30 - 50 lvl range. Hope this helps!

Putting my village to rest!
    My Stats: IGN- saltinpanti44 / LVL- 90 / TH - 8 / Clan-*Clanless*
    No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

Thanks for your advice!

I decided to make a clan, but I can't recruit players even if I use your tricks.
    What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcrossover11 View Post
    I decided to make a clan, but I can't recruit players even if I use your tricks.
    What should I do?
    Hi, recruiting in phase 1 is the most difficult part of the grind because there are almost no people in your clan and people are not encouraged to join. Bump your thread once a day so your thread can get attention and constantly search through global until you find someone.

Be careful who you find though!

No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

Getting Higher Level Player

So I made my clan last night and we now have over 40 members. My question is how to get higher level players now. My clan mainly consists of 30's and 40's. How do I get the level 60's and 70's? My clan name is True Supremacy if you were wondering

IGN: IAMDATFLYDUDE | Level 124 | Magmas: 92/275 | Trophy Record: 3436
    Heroes: 33/31 | GG: 1.1 B
    IGN: IsThisEvenAName | Lavas 140/250 | GG: 803 M | Heroes: 13/12

Centennial Club

Loved the guide!

I started my clan, Valhalla Legacy as a simple th4. I followed your guide, and even though I was weak at the time my clan is now full with 50/50 quality members just a month later! In fact, I am one of the weakest members, but still people joined and stay! Thanks so much for the guide!

Quote Originally Posted by showcase1998 View Post
    So I made my clan last night and we now have over 40 members. My question is how to get higher level players now. My clan mainly consists of 30's and 40's. How do I get the level 60's and 70's? My clan name is True Supremacy if you were wondering
    Hi, If you have a clan that consists of mostly lvl 30's and 40's, then higher lvl people won't target your clan because they want to find a clan that suits them the most. People near your lvl will be the people that want to join the most. If you want try and recruit higher lvl players now, here the the best action to take.
    1. Start increasing your requirement for people that want to join your clan slightly and slightly higher. Do not increase lvl from 30 to 70 as a new requirement, you need to go slowly up each week to filter in new players that want to join your clan! As time goes on, and people in your clan starting leveling up, you can start seeing more experienced players popping in your clan. You will need to be patient though as this will not happen in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook119 View Post
    I started my clan, Valhalla Legacy as a simple th4. I followed your guide, and even though I was weak at the time my clan is now full with 50/50 quality members just a month later! In fact, I am one of the weakest members, but still people joined and stay! Thanks so much for the guide!
    Glad it helped!

No clan as of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltin
    Hi, If you have a clan that consists of mostly lvl 30's and 40's, then higher lvl people won't target your clan because they want to find a clan that suits them the most. People near your lvl will be the people that want to join the most. If you want try and recruit higher lvl players now, here the the best action to take.
    1. Start increasing your requirement for people that want to join your clan slightly and slightly higher. Do not increase lvl from 30 to 70 as a new requirement, you need to go slowly up each week to filter in new players that want to join your clan! As time goes on, and people in your clan starting leveling up, you can start seeing more experienced players popping in your clan. You will need to be patient though as this will not happen in a flash.

Okay, right now I now I am level 94 and my brother is level 92. We are actually now more level 40's and 50's now. I started to do the slightly higher and higher thing and it really works!

IGN: IAMDATFLYDUDE | Level 124 | Magmas: 92/275 | Trophy Record: 3436
    Heroes: 33/31 | GG: 1.1 B
    IGN: IsThisEvenAName | Lavas 140/250 | GG: 803 M | Heroes: 13/12

Quote Originally Posted by showcase1998 View Post
    [/LIST]

Okay, right now I now I am level 94 and my brother is level 92. We are actually now more level 40's and 50's now. I started to do the slightly higher and higher thing and it really works!
    Glad it's helping, good luck with your clan and clash on!
    Last edited by Saltin; July 31st, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

No clan as of now...

Talking Great article

I found this thread on the forum very useful even though I just skimmed through it. Nicely done and very detailed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltin View Post
    Section 8 / 10 (Creating new sister / feeder clans.)
    If your clan starts to become extremely successful, you might start to notice that your clan is filled up and there is no space for no one to enter. Since you can't fit more than 50 people in your clan, the only option would be to start an alliance of feeder clans!

Section 8.2 - Why create feeder clans?
    Creating an alliance of clans for your family is the next step for a huge clan success. Feeder clans are other clans that will be joining forces in a alliance sort of way, expanding more clans can make your family huge and they can be the sisters of your main and first clan! For example, our alliance has three clans!

Settings different requirements for each sister clan can be a way to get a clan with low lvl players, casual players, and the main one for your hardcore players!
    However, even though it sounds easy and exciting, you will now need for someone to run those clans!

Section 8.4 - Picking new trustful leaders and members for new feeder clans.
    When chosing new leaders to run your new clans, you need to elect players you know you trust and know that they are responsible enough to run the clan. The same thing will go with co-leaders as well and elders can be chosen in the future if loyal members are found. Again, here is an example from our clan alliances.

Forum bound was our first clan, and once we got everything settled we made the other 2 clans with different requirements, we chose the leaders we agreed on the most and here they are.

Forum striking leader

Forum bound leader

Forum rising leader

You can arrange your election system the same as we did, and you'll be able to figure out a new leader within a day or two of thinking!

Section 8.6 - Controlling multiple clans at one time
    Once you have new leaders, they will be able to run the other clans while you run yours. However, it is best to do a weekly visit to all your clans to see how everyone is doing. You can keep track of how each clan is doing and if it is not doing well, then you may ask the leader of that clan to switch clans so you clan run that one for as long as you need.

Our alliance leader does the same thing, and it seems to be going great so far!

Section 8.8 - Expanding into even more clans.
    Some clan alliances have up to 12 clans in their family, and even though it seems extremely difficult to run that many clans, it can be possible and it has been done before! Now that you have got a brief idea of running feeder clans, lets move to section 9 now!

Section 9 / 10 (More things to make your clan noticeable.)
    If you want your clan to get more attention, here are some places that you can use to do so!

Section 9.3 - Youtube channels for clans.
    Many people have made youtube channels to showoff their clan to others. They usually post raids from clanmates and events that are going on. Here are some examples of some youtube channels

Megacity youtube channel

Bonbee power youtube channel

Section 9.5 - Clan spotlights!
    There is an extremely slim chance that you will get spotlighted by Supercell, especially if you're clan is new and not that noticeable yet. Supercell has gave out 4-5 spotlights over the past year in their Facebook, here is an example!

Though, you can get spotlights from your friends and clanmates, and maybe create fan art for your clan. Remember, creativity here matters, and the more people you get their attention, the more noticeable your clan will be by the clash community! Here is an example from fan art I created!

Section 9.7 - Clan websites.
    Once you think your clan has become well devolped, you can create a website with the links I posted in 4/10. If you know how to code, them give it a shot! You can even run your own clan forum with vbulletin! Example of our forum.
    http://forumalliance.x10.mx/forum.php

Section 9.9 - Trophy pushes and donation competitions.
    Running events in your clan is a great way to make your clan noticeable, whether it's breaking a record or breaching the top 200! It be awesome to see your clan in the leaderboards right?

Try nearing top 200 as a clan challenge!

Or try to show some extreme donations!

Or even try to have a hardcore war win streak! (NOT MY CLAN)
    Also check out this awesome app for tracking your clan war streaks! Here you can post strategies to make your clan more organized during clan wars and can give notifications when you need to attack or plan something out
    Clan wars assist.

Section 10 / 10 (Conclusion.)
    Questions you have? Ask me!

Section 10.3 - F&Q's (Frequently asked questions)
    *Reserved for future answers*

Section 10.8 - Q&A's (Questions and answers)

Hi
    I didn't really understand what you meant, but if you have members that are repeatally donating what the co-leader didn't request, the you need to give some sort of punishments. Begin with a verbal warning and then a kick, like I explained in section 6, your clan cam unbalnce if you leave members that keep breaking rules.

Hi, you asked multiple questions, so I'll break down my post depending on the question you asked.
    1. You may have a point; when our main clan had been full for over a week, we decided to create a family of clans so we can bring more members with different village stats and level. Once your clan becomes noticeable and a but popular, it will be easier to recruit on the forums. The more attention your clan gets, the more members may stumble accros your thread and be interested to join. That is how many clans grew once they got attention.
    2. I have no idea how they find that offensive, but sometimes eventually you will have to be harsh and make them accept that they can't stay in the clan due to his village stats. If a member get's offended by just that, then it's probably a kind a member you shouldn't be looking to recruit in your clan. Requirements are requirements, and they have to accept the fact.
    3. If you create a thread on forums, you may focus the thread on your feeder clan instead of your main. For example, say you have avaiable spots open for your feeder clans and we don't plan to recriuit members for the main at the moment. If they complain about what you asked in question two, then don't even bother tl have them in your alliance.

When you start a clan, it would be best to start a clan of one or two co-leaders, and you can keeo on promotong more as the clan keeps expanding and getting bigger. I personally would go over 10 co-leaders because that's when clan ranks will start to unbalance. 10 co-leaders is more than enough.

Hi, recruiting in phase 1 is the most difficult part of the grind because there are almost no people in your clan and people are not encouraged to join. Bump your thread once a day so your thread can get attention and constantly search through global until you find someone.

Be careful who you find though!

Leaders have to be responsible of their clans at all times, they can't just randomly leave without any notice. If your leader has to REALLY leave, then he has to find someone else responsible enough to run the clan. He will need to have the ability to control and run a clan and same thing goes with other leaders.

Leaders permanently leaving without a warning is a no no, co's and elders that have long known him will leave because they will want to be with him. If it comes to the situation that you leader has to leave permanently, it's his responsiblitiy to notify everyone in the clan and tell them to stay put. The new leader can be picked from opinions of elders and other co's. Hope this helps!

Hi

As your friend's responsibility, he needed to invite and recruit people that meet the requirements. Spamming invites to everyone on global will mostly attract the low lvl players. If you want to this to stop, have a talk with your friend for him to aknowledge the requirements of the clan. As for the weak players you have, if they are active; try to at least talk to them in clan chat and apologize for the messup. If they are rarely active, the best thing you can do is send kick the players and include a nice message to them apologizing, and that unfortunally they don't meet the requirements.
    Hope this helps!

Hi

Do you perhaps have any more IRL friends that play the game? If so, try and get them into your clan to help and recruit. Like I have said before, phase 1 of recruiting is the most difficult part of building your clan. Members usually wint target your clan and it will be difficult to make people stay when there is less than 15 people in your clan. Everyone mass recruit, and eventually your clan should get past 15 members and I will be easier to recruit then.

Hi

I definitely would never say you're too weak to make a clan, you can do it at any lvl. The things you have to keep in mind though is more experience players will not target your place as a clan, players near your lvl will suit the most if you make a clan. If you recruit in global, you will mostly get people in your lvl range or lower, unless the clan has expanded to a huge alliance. A lvl 41 like you will probably make an average clan with the most comman causal players, which are between the 30 - 50 lvl range. Hope this helps!

The end!