Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to build and run your own clan successfully (NOW COMPLETED)

Centennial Club
    Is there any other signs that you should be looking for before you attempt to make a family or a feeder clan?
    Just because you have a full clan does not mean that you should immediately make a family/feeder.

Also, how would you deal with a newer player that doesn't meet your clan's requirement, but you would want the person to join your feeder? I have been accused of being insulting when I ask them to join the feeder. Is also doesn't exactly help when I am a person below the recruiting requirements?

Also, is there anything different you should do when you are recruiting for a feeder instead of recruiting for a main clan?
    Last edited by kim346; June 27th, 2014 at 11:02 PM.

Causing the tombstones to appear on the field of battle!

Giving high positions

It seems that only the best clans have successfully have had multiple co-leaders. Which makes sense because of their overwhelming experience
    Free to Play
    Legendary Arena Achieved: April 29 2016
    CR:Level 11 Highest Trophies: 4613
    Avg Card Lvls: 11/8/4/0.45
    Super lightning Bolt: https://tinyurl.com/Superbolt

Quote Originally Posted by DragonxXx View Post
    WOW this is a good guide all clear cut to me - but the presentation and layout is excellent
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg247 View Post
    How should I solve this: I made a clan with some of my friends a while ago, and every once in a while my co leader threatens to leave then he doesn't get what he wants or something goes wrong. I can't demote him bc he will do exactly that, but he has been in the clan for a long time and is a high level player. The thing is, when he leaves at least 5-10 people will follow him but they end up following him back into the clan. This is a problem bc my clan is somewhat small (my clan is Eclipsed Gaming if you want to look us up). thx
    Hi
    I didn't really understand what you meant, but if you have members that are repeatally donating what the co-leader didn't request, the you need to give some sort of punishments. Begin with a verbal warning and then a kick, like I explained in section 6, your clan cam unbalnce if you leave members that keep breaking rules.

Quote Originally Posted by kim346 View Post
    Is there any other signs that you should be looking for before you attempt to make a family or a feeder clan?
    Just because you have a full clan does not mean that you should immediately make a family/feeder.

Also, how would you deal with a newer player that doesn't meet your clan's requirement, but you would want the person to join your feeder? I have been accused of being insulting when I ask them to join the feeder. Is also doesn't exactly help when I am a person below the recruiting requirements?

Also, is there anything different you should do when you are recruiting for a feeder instead of recruiting for a main clan?
    Hi, you asked multiple questions, so I'll break down my post depending on the question you asked.
    1. You may have a point; when our main clan had been full for over a week, we decided to create a family of clans so we can bring more members with different village stats and level. Once your clan becomes noticeable and a but popular, it will be easier to recruit on the forums. The more attention your clan gets, the more members may stumble accros your thread and be interested to join. That is how many clans grew once they got attention.
    2. I have no idea how they find that offensive, but sometimes eventually you will have to be harsh and make them accept that they can't stay in the clan due to his village stats. If a member get's offended by just that, then it's probably a kind a member you shouldn't be looking to recruit in your clan. Requirements are requirements, and they have to accept the fact.
    3. If you create a thread on forums, you may focus the thread on your feeder clan instead of your main. For example, say you have avaiable spots open for your feeder clans and we don't plan to recriuit members for the main at the moment. If they complain about what you asked in question two, then don't even bother tl have them in your alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFDEATH View Post
    It seems that only the best clans have successfully have had multiple co-leaders. Which makes sense because of their overwhelming experience
    When you start a clan, it would be best to start a clan of one or two co-leaders, and you can keeo on promotong more as the clan keeps expanding and getting bigger. I personally would go over 10 co-leaders because that's when clan ranks will start to unbalance. 10 co-leaders is more than enough.

Putting my village to rest!
    My Stats: IGN- saltinpanti44 / LVL- 90 / TH - 8 / Clan-*Clanless*
    No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltin View Post
    3. If you create a thread on forums, you may focus the thread on your feeder clan instead of your main. For example, say you have avaiable spots open for your feeder clans and we don't plan to recriuit members for the main at the moment. If they complain about what you asked in question two, then don't even bother tl have them in your alliance.
    Thanks for the detailed answer
    Should I attempt to recruit for the feeder clan while still in the main clan?
    Very detailed guide btw, learned lots of things from this guide
    My IGN: Piman
    Level: 82, Slowly becoming inactive...
    Clan: Mortem Pros (Co-Leader) and Mortem Amateurs (Co-Leader)
    Clan War Opponent: ---------
    Check us out here or here!

Quote Originally Posted by kim346 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed answer
    Should I attempt to recruit for the feeder clan while still in the main clan?
    Very detailed guide btw, learned lots of things from this guide
    Have you already elected your new leaders and co-leaders for the other clan? If yes get them to recruit on the forums and explain that there are open aviable spots to join in the feeder and that we are not looking for members in the main clan.

You can always come back your feeder clan to help out the recruiting, and come back to the main when you have helped enough. That's what our leader Julez did, and our 2 feeder clans skyrocketed in members quickly. Yeah I would recommend you help out the feeder temporary. Hope this helps!

No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltin View Post
    Section 8 / 10 (Creating new sister / feeder clans.)
    If your clan starts to become extremely successful, you might start to notice that your clan is filled up and there is no space for no one to enter. Since you can't fit more than 50 people in your clan, the only option would be to start an alliance of feeder clans!

Section 8.2 - Why create feeder clans?
    Creating an alliance of clans for your family is the next step for a huge clan success. Feeder clans are other clans that will be joining forces in a alliance sort of way, expanding more clans can make your family huge and they can be the sisters of your main and first clan! For example, our alliance has three clans!

Settings different requirements for each sister clan can be a way to get a clan with low lvl players, casual players, and the main one for your hardcore players!
    However, even though it sounds easy and exciting, you will now need for someone to run those clans!

Section 8.4 - Picking new trustful leaders and members for new feeder clans.
    When chosing new leaders to run your new clans, you need to elect players you know you trust and know that they are responsible enough to run the clan. The same thing will go with co-leaders as well and elders can be chosen in the future if loyal members are found. Again, here is an example from our clan alliances.

Forum bound was our first clan, and once we got everything settled we made the other 2 clans with different requirements, we chose the leaders we agreed on the most and here they are.

Forum striking leader

Forum bound leader

Forum rising leader

You can arrange your election system the same as we did, and you'll be able to figure out a new leader within a day or two of thinking!

Section 8.6 - Controlling multiple clans at one time
    Once you have new leaders, they will be able to run the other clans while you run yours. However, it is best to do a weekly visit to all your clans to see how everyone is doing. You can keep track of how each clan is doing and if it is not doing well, then you may ask the leader of that clan to switch clans so you clan run that one for as long as you need.

Our alliance leader does the same thing, and it seems to be going great so far!

Section 8.8 - Expanding into even more clans.
    Some clan alliances have up to 12 clans in their family, and even though it seems extremely difficult to run that many clans, it can be possible and it has been done before! Now that you have got a brief idea of running feeder clans, lets move to section 9 now!

Section 9 / 10 (More things to make your clan noticeable.)
    If you want your clan to get more attention, here are some places that you can use to do so!

Section 9.3 - Youtube channels for clans.
    Many people have made youtube channels to showoff their clan to others. They usually post raids from clanmates and events that are going on. Here are some examples of some youtube channels

Megacity youtube channel

Bonbee power youtube channel

Section 9.5 - Clan spotlights!
    There is an extremely slim chance that you will get spotlighted by Supercell, especially if you're clan is new and not that noticeable yet. Supercell has gave out 4-5 spotlights over the past year in their Facebook, here is an example!

Though, you can get spotlights from your friends and clanmates, and maybe create fan art for your clan. Remember, creativity here matters, and the more people you get their attention, the more noticeable your clan will be by the clash community! Here is an example from fan art I created!

Section 9.7 - Clan websites.
    Once you think your clan has become well devolped, you can create a website with the links I posted in 4/10. If you know how to code, them give it a shot! You can even run your own clan forum with vbulletin! Example of our forum.
    http://forumalliance.x10.mx/forum.php

Section 9.9 - Trophy pushes and donation competitions.
    Running events in your clan is a great way to make your clan noticeable, whether it's breaking a record or breaching the top 200! It be awesome to see your clan in the leaderboards right?

Try nearing top 200 as a clan challenge!

Or try to show some extreme donations!

Or even try to have a hardcore war win streak! (NOT MY CLAN)

Section 10 / 10 (Conclusion.)
    Questions you have? Ask me!

Section 10.3 - F&Q's (Frequently asked questions)
    *Reserved for future answers*

Section 10.8 - Q&A's (Questions and answers)

Hi
    I didn't really understand what you meant, but if you have members that are repeatally donating what the co-leader didn't request, the you need to give some sort of punishments. Begin with a verbal warning and then a kick, like I explained in section 6, your clan cam unbalnce if you leave members that keep breaking rules.

Hi, you asked multiple questions, so I'll break down my post depending on the question you asked.
    1. You may have a point; when our main clan had been full for over a week, we decided to create a family of clans so we can bring more members with different village stats and level. Once your clan becomes noticeable and a but popular, it will be easier to recruit on the forums. The more attention your clan gets, the more members may stumble accros your thread and be interested to join. That is how many clans grew once they got attention.
    2. I have no idea how they find that offensive, but sometimes eventually you will have to be harsh and make them accept that they can't stay in the clan due to his village stats. If a member get's offended by just that, then it's probably a kind a member you shouldn't be looking to recruit in your clan. Requirements are requirements, and they have to accept the fact.

When you start a clan, it would be best to start a clan of one or two co-leaders, and you can keeo on promotong more as the clan keeps expanding and getting bigger. I personally would go over 10 co-leaders because that's when clan ranks will start to unbalance. 10 co-leaders is more than enough.

The end!
    Man how can people in your clan donate so much???????? And that guy that has donated 250k+! how man pls tell me did u photoshop it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by AGCuber View Post
    Man how can people in your clan donate so much???????? And that guy that has donated 250k+! how man pls tell me did u photoshop it or something?
    It's not photoshop, and that's not my clan, I just used the pic as an example. It's from the clan Req n ♥♥♥♥. They had a donation competition last season and the max amount of donations was 200k. No it's not edited, it's just sitting in your tablet 24/7 having no life.

They have the clan open, random people join, request troops, and leave. That's why they loot so much donations and trust me it's extremely difficult to get to 200k plus, but you can at least try to get 15k donations. Again, you have to plan this out with your clan so they know.

Hope you understand.
    Last edited by Saltin; June 29th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

No clan as of now...

Fresh Spawn

How to Run a Succesful Clan

Wow that was great! Im sure your advice was very helpful to other players, and I think i will try it too!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous361 View Post
    Wow that was great! Im sure your advice was very helpful to other players, and I think i will try it too!
    Hope it helps!

No clan as of now...

Very good job!

Just one question, I have made a thread about my clan, tried to recruit people in global, and even got some of my friends to join but my clan is not really doing that great. Any tips?

P.S In global nobody is joining my clan probably do to the fact that there is always one person giving away free co leader or elder and there in masters leauge so everybody joins their clan. Don't you hate that?