Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Che ater

Banned

Confessions of a Che ater

Hello clash of clans community, this is Yawgmoth. I am here today to say several things.

First of all, let's get this out of the way, I used the recent glitch that allowed players to gain trophies on defense by causing an error and disconnecting the attacker. Some people will never forgive this and some will condemn me, I understand completely. For reference, my trophies were at 4300 at the beginning of all this.

A few nights ago while raiding like normal I stumbled upon a decent base offering 16 trophies. Immediately after placing a troop I got the same error that so many of you have. My game went out of sync and upon reloading I had lost the attack and a good deal of my trophies (-24 I believe it was). I figured it was just a coincidence or a result of my internet acting funky, so I continued attacking. A few hours later the same thing happened, another error and more lost trophies. This time I reset my router, unplugged everything and plugged it back in, the usual stuff you do when you think your internet is acting up, assuming this was the cause of the error. Well immediately after that the error occurred on yet another attack, this time I knew the problem wasn't related to my internet and that something unusual was going on. I mentioned it to my clan and a few of them had encountered the same problem but we still didn't know exactly what was going on.

At this point I probably should've just stopped attacking, but I still had a few hours left before the personal break feature kicked in and it was really hard to walk away at that point after losing so many trophies, and I'm a stubborn person by nature so I decided to keep going. After two more errors I was forced to give up, I was down almost 200 trophies, and still had to log off for defense, I basically wanted to quit. I had spent countless hours (usually 12+ a day but there were many crazy days where I didn't sleep for 24+ hours), and thousands of dollars on gems (make what you will of it), and I just didn't feel like having to spend another 2-3 weeks staring at clouds and hundreds of dollars more on gems to get back to where I was less then 6 hours ago. I was basically crushed.

At this point the forums were alive with many threads on the error, many of which I responded to. I checked them often but there was no response from supercell and I had been told by other players that even if/when the error is fixed, there is no way for supercell to return the trophies I had lost because of it. This is were my judgement failed. A friend of mine (won't say names) had figured out how the glitch was done, he had no desire to use it himself but I was able to get him to explain it to me. I thought over it for a little bit and ultimately make the decision to use the glitch myself to get back the trophies I had lost to it. I was well aware that there could be consequences and that the frustration I felt from being a victim of the glitch would now be felt by the people I was doing it to. I weighed all of this and in the end I decided I wanted my trophies back too much, more then I cared how it would affect others. They were the reason I played, and I was extremely upset at losing so many. This is no excuse, I'm not trying to make excuses. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I cared more about finding a way to get my lost trophies back then anything else.

So I used the glitch, I used it approximately 15-16 times (I had I believe 3-4 legit defensive wins before I began) and was able to get back about 75% of what I had lost, and started to feel a bit of relief. At this point I stopped. I had most of the trophies I lost back and I didn't want to push it any further, both out of fear of possible consequences, and because up until this point I had considered myself a fair player. I admitted to a friend that I felt bad about using the glitch, but that losing all my trophies felt even worse. At the end of the day, getting back my trophies was the more important to me then continuing to play fair. When I should've just taken my losses and dealt with them, despite how bad it felt and despite how long it would take me to recover from them, I instead decided to take matters into my own hands and fight fire with fire. Think Lance Armstrong when he said he took steroids because "everyone else was doing it too". In my head I justified it by saying that since I lost 200 trophies to the glitch, it was fair to use the glitch to get them back. At the time I wasn't concerned about anything except the trophies I lost and getting them back. That's no excuse.

Many people will never forgive me, and even more will be calling for permanent bans long after this thread has died. Rightfully so, they are extremely upset, I felt the same way before I used the glitch as well. For now I can tell you, everyone who has been banned is going to lose a LOT more then they gained from the glitch, trust me. I am currently banned for 11 days, by the time that's up I will have lost 600+ trophies at the very least, way more then I lost to the glitch, and way more then I gained from it. People will argue over whether it's fair or whether people should have been banned for longer or even permanently, I can't comment on them, I can only comment on my own experience. Was glitching worth it? No. Hindsight is 20/20, but I do wish I had made different decisions over the past few days.

Trophies were like my drug, when I am winning them I am happy, when I am losing them I'm sad and angry. In the end I was more worried about regaining my own happiness then I was about the sadness and anger it would cause others. Just one more bad decision in a life full of them.

Just wanted to tell that story. I'm not asking for forgiveness and you may choose not to believe me but I do understand the frustration many have experienced over the past few days. I made a decision knowing their could be consequences and now I have to deal with them. In truth I will probably part ways with this game I have enjoyed for so long because I have ruined the experience for myself and I don't see a way to fix it. At the very least I wanted to get this off my chest. I hope you all continue to enjoy this game and I wish you all good luck in your trophy hunting, if you find me while I'm on my ban, hit me as hard as you can.

TL/DR: I made a poor decision to che at and got banned.

Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Well a confession, it's nice to see that you realize your mistake.

Learn from this

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawg View Post
    Hello clash of clans community, this is Yawgmoth. I am here today to say several things.

First of all, let's get this out of the way, I used the recent glitch that allowed players to gain trophies on defense by causing an error and disconnecting the attacker. Some people will never forgive this and some will condemn me, I understand completely. For reference, my trophies were at 4300 at the beginning of all this.

A few nights ago while raiding like normal I stumbled upon a decent base offering 16 trophies. Immediately after placing a troop I got the same error that so many of you have. My game went out of sync and upon reloading I had lost the attack and a good deal of my trophies (-24 I believe it was). I figured it was just a coincidence or a result of my internet acting funky, so I continued attacking. A few hours later the same thing happened, another error and more lost trophies. This time I reset my router, unplugged everything and plugged it back in, the usual stuff you do when you think your internet is acting up, assuming this was the cause of the error. Well immediately after that the error occurred on yet another attack, this time I knew the problem wasn't related to my internet and that something unusual was going on. I mentioned it to my clan and a few of them had encountered the same problem but we still didn't know exactly what was going on.

At this point I probably should've just stopped attacking, but I still had a few hours left before the personal break feature kicked in and it was really hard to walk away at that point after losing so many trophies, and I'm a stubborn person by nature so I decided to keep going. After two more errors I was forced to give up, I was down almost 200 trophies, and still had to log off for defense, I basically wanted to quit. I had spent countless hours (usually 12+ a day but there were many crazy days where I didn't sleep for 24+ hours), and thousands of dollars on gems (make what you will of it), and I just didn't feel like having to spend another 2-3 weeks staring at clouds and hundreds of dollars more on gems to get back to where I was less then 6 hours ago. I was basically crushed.

At this point the forums were alive with many threads on the error, many of which I responded to. I checked them often but there was no response from supercell and I had been told by other players that even if/when the error is fixed, there is no way for supercell to return the trophies I had lost because of it. This is were my judgement failed. A friend of mine (won't say names) had figured out how the glitch was done, he had no desire to use it himself but I was able to get him to explain it to me. I thought over it for a little bit and ultimately make the decision to use the glitch myself to get back the trophies I had lost to it. I was well aware that there could be consequences and that the frustration I felt from being a victim of the glitch would now be felt by the people I was doing it to. I weighed all of this and in the end I decided I wanted my trophies back too much, more then I cared how it would affect others. They were the reason I played, and I was extremely upset at losing so many. This is no excuse, I'm not trying to make excuses. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I cared more about finding a way to get my lost trophies back then anything else.

So I used the glitch, I used it approximately 15-16 times (I had I believe 3-4 legit defensive wins before I began) and was able to get back about 75% of what I had lost, and started to feel a bit of relief. At this point I stopped. I had most of the trophies I lost back and I didn't want to push it any further, both out of fear of possible consequences, and because up until this point I had considered myself a fair player. I admitted to a friend that I felt bad about using the glitch, but that losing all my trophies felt even worse. At the end of the day, getting back my trophies was the more important to me then continuing to play fair. When I should've just taken my losses and dealt with them, despite how bad it felt and despite how long it would take me to recover from them, I instead decided to take matters into my own hands and fight fire with fire. Think Lance Armstrong when he said he took steroids because "everyone else was doing it too". In my head I justified it by saying that since I lost 200 trophies to the glitch, it was fair to use the glitch to get them back. At the time I wasn't concerned about anything except the trophies I lost and getting them back. That's no excuse.

Many people will never forgive me, and even more will be calling for permanent bans long after this thread has died. Rightfully so, they are extremely upset, I felt the same way before I used the glitch as well. For now I can tell you, everyone who has been banned is going to lose a LOT more then they gained from the glitch, trust me. I am currently banned for 11 days, by the time that's up I will have lost 600+ trophies at the very least, way more then I lost to the glitch, and way more then I gained from it. People will argue over whether it's fair or whether people should have been banned for longer or even permanently, I can't comment on them, I can only comment on my own experience. Was glitching worth it? No. Hindsight is 20/20, but I do wish I had made different decisions over the past few days.

Trophies were like my drug, when I am winning them I am happy, when I am losing them I'm sad and angry. In the end I was more worried about regaining my own happiness then I was about the sadness and anger it would cause others. Just one more bad decision in a life full of them.

Just wanted to tell that story. I'm not asking for forgiveness and you may choose not to believe me but I do understand the frustration many have experienced over the past few days. I made a decision knowing their could be consequences and now I have to deal with them. In truth I will probably part ways with this game I have enjoyed for so long because I have ruined the experience for myself and I don't see a way to fix it. At the very least I wanted to get this off my chest. I hope you all continue to enjoy this game and I wish you all good luck in your trophy hunting, if you find me while I'm on my ban, hit me as hard as you can.

TL/DR: I made a poor decision to che at and got banned.
    Wish it was longer ban. I was a victim to you. YES YAWGMOTH. YOU.
    and your not forgiven!! Can't get my time back but give me the $ spent to get it somewhat back!! Then we can maybe respect u again!
    Last edited by emgonzales33; June 17th, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Just adding these quotes.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
    For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
    Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

★★★ Champion
    Thanks for sharing and just enjoy the time off. The game can get a little too addictive to be honest... you probably need a break from the stress and long hours of high trophy play anyway.

That's sad bro, how many other che aters came out and confessed and admitted they were wrong? And how many trophies did you lose to him if I may ask, you act like he stole hundreds of trophies from just you. Also I don't think he wants your respect or forgiveness, as he said in his post. He just wanted to come clean, and I can respect that even if it disgusts me that he used the glitch.

It's no excuse to use the glitch even if it's to get back the trophies that were taken from you by other people using it, but how many others do you think used the glitch that were never victims of it. Many people gained hundreds of trophies from it that never were victims of it, this guy only got back what he lost to it. However he still did something wrong and now he's going to lose a lot more trophies then any of you did. He will be down hundreds by the time his ban is up.

Lurking...................
    Last edited by WhoCaresNotMe; June 17th, 2014 at 11:17 PM.

Kudos to you sir for admitting fault and apologizing. You got what you deserved but at least you learned your lesson and that's probably far better then some of the others who used it.
    TH10...slowly maxing out.

Good of you to do the right thing and fess up, most of the other scum will go back hiding behind their large gem purchases and shiny clan reputations when the glitch is fixed and punishment rains down.

While you deserve what you got, it's good of you to have the nerve to come and confess.

On another note: Guys, before this happens I'd just like to ask everyone not to turn this into a 'hate on the OP' thread. I think it would be nice if this stayed open, and it would also be nice if we didn't start a flame war here. I may seem like I'm being a bit supercilious here, but this is a really easy topic to start post wars over...
    Last edited by Julezwatts; June 17th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Right bye. can't talk. must ban trolls.
    Plane Geek and Forum Nerd- PM ME to chat! Join my new FORUM CLAN ALLIANCE today!
    Got a friend you want to give a shoutout to? Compliment them on the FORUM COMPLIMENTS thread!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoCaresNotMe View Post
    That's sad bro, how many other che aters came out and confessed and admitted they were wrong? And how many trophies did you lose to him if I may ask, you act like he stole hundreds of trophies from just you. Also I don't think he wants your respect or forgiveness, as he said in his post. He just wanted to come clean, and I can respect that even if it disgusts me that he used the glitch.

It's no excuse to use the glitch even if it's to get back the trophies that were taken from you by other people using it, but how many others do you think used the glitch that were never victims of it. Many people gained hundreds of trophies from it that never were victims of it, this guy only got back what he lost to it. However he still did something wrong and now he's going to lose a lot more trophies then any of you did. He will be down hundreds by the time his ban is up.

YOu sure seem to side heavily with all these c-h-e-a-t-e-r-s what stake do you have in all of this? IS your clan full of them? Just asking because of all of your comments regarding this situation. I also saw a comment regarding going back to lurking but you're still here..

Quote Originally Posted by aNgRyAgEnT View Post
    YOu sure seem to side heavily with all these c-h-e-a-t-e-r-s what stake do you have in all of this? IS your clan full of them? Just asking because of all of your comments regarding this situation. I also saw a comment regarding going back to lurking but you're still here..
    If you want to discuss a personal query or argument please do so via private communication. Don't turn this thread into a flame war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Right bye. can't talk. must ban trolls.
    Plane Geek and Forum Nerd- PM ME to chat! Join my new FORUM CLAN ALLIANCE today!
    Got a friend you want to give a shoutout to? Compliment them on the FORUM COMPLIMENTS thread!