Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time investment (active playing time) versus exp gain

time investment (active playing time) versus exp gain

People may have diffrent goals in this game, and may ofcourse play this game however they want.
    Thats one of the strengths of this game.

Someone might want to:
    - Make the most money
    - Level up the fastest way (most exp).
    - The biggest barn possible
    - Biggest silo possible
    - Get all Pets and a beautiful farm
    - Boat points
    - Any combination of the above
    - and more
    -----------------------------------

In this post im going to focus on the goal "level up the fastest way (most exp)".
    I will also take a look into "time investment (active playing time) versus exp gain".

To estimate the maximum experience gained a day, we will diffrentiate 5 diffrent ways of gaining exp:
    - machines
    - Trees/bushes
    - crops
    - animals
    - Boat and truck
    - the rest.

Machines:
    All your machines, mills, bar melters, etc. can produce a maximum of around 5k experience a day. By choosing the products that yield the most exp/hour (taken into account that there is a cheese and sugar limitation). By choosing the poorest options, You could produce around 3k a day.

My note: what products you choose to produce in your machines, does not make a big diffrence experience wise. Truck orders and boat orders (wich depend on your available items, stock, products in machines), have a much bigger infuence. My advice would be to produce whatever is needed to fullfill as many high exp truck orders and boat orders.

trees/bushes:
    Trees and bushes are a much underestimated way of gaining experience. Their limitation is in the ammount of saws and axes u can gather and the space available on your farm. I personally have been able to manage around 400 trees and bushes a week. (25-50 of ea kind, 200+ chocolate tree. tree cause saw is more available and uses less space then bush). Experience gained this way for me adds up to around 10k a day average (70k a week). But even the not verry active player can even manage to get around 100-150 trees/bushes a week. This still adds up to around 30k a weel (around 4 k a day).

Note: To get as much as possible axes and saws, it is good to grow many fast to yield crops. This way u will get more random items like expansion materials, saws, axes, mining materials.

Crops:
    managing crops is one of the biggest exp factors. By growing wheat, u can get around 25-40k experience a day (16 hour harvesting). The limitation on wheat growing, is the ability to sell it (storage capacity silo AND slots in your personal shop). Will dig into other crops later on.

Note:
    Growing crops is not only a excellent way of earning exp. Its also one of the things that yields the most random items.
    By doing so, it influences also other experience gaining factors (trees, bushes). By doing so, a bigger barn and silo will come easier (influencing the ability to have a bigger stock and do more truck/boat orders).

animals:
    Experience gained by harvesting animal products, is relative low. Considered a almost full day of playing, you will atmost gather around 2-3k experience with harvesting animal products.

Note: All animal products are readily available. If u dont have much time available, or cant login often enough to make all the animal food needed, I would advice just to buy these products from others.

Boat and truck orders:
    Boat and truck orders together also are one of the biggest exp factors in game. The limitation on experience that can be gained with truck orders, is the availability of the requested items. This depends on the items available in the newspaper, items available in neighbors shops, and the possibility of using tom to gather the items needed. By buying the readily available items from fellow players, and by producing the rarer ones myself, I can gather about 25k of exp a day using truck orders and boat orders. The use of tom can increase this ammount by around 20k.

Note: Barn size plays a large role, cause of the influence of stock on the ability to keep doing orders. Barn size indirectly influences the ability to do truck and boat orders. Of course u Could get more then the stated 25-45k exp a day by boat and truck orders. But not without using up most of your stock, so on a long term base, these are realistic values.

The rest:
    there are some other ways to gain experience (pets, mining, neighbor orders). all together they will add up to around 3k a day. Pets contribute the largest part of this 3k.
    ------------------------------------------

Considering the above, an estimate of the maximum daily exp that can be gained on a long term, is around 90-100k. Considered not using Tom or trade your expansion materials for rare food items. This is based on the assumption of a full day of active playing (12-16 hours).

Because most of the hay day players probably have jobs, go to school full time, and have busy lives, I will now talk about where this post is all about. The factor time VS experience gained.

The exp gained when playing less time a day versus all day, is mainly noticeable in the exp gained with earning crops and the exp gained by truck orders. All other factors of gaining exp seem fairly constant.

Since the factor crops can only be infuenced by playing more activ, this factor cant be influenced much. Only the type of crop and exp gained by it can be optimized with next estimated login.

The factor we have biggest impact on is the Truck orders. These can be done every 30 minits.
    --------------------------------------------

My way of gaining the most exp possible, spending the least time possible:

1. Once a day fill up your barn with truck order and boat order items.
    2. Take quick care of your machines and rest of the farm too.
    3. avoid long sessions and spread your time during the day in many small session.
    (better to do 12x 5 minutes then 1x60 minutes). This can be your morning wait for the bus.
    During your cigaret brake, coffee break, pee break, lunch, etc).

4. During short sessions (3 minutes):
    - harvest sugar/soya/carrot/corn/wheat.
    - plant wheat 1x
    - fill machines
    - Do all truck orders wich offer a fair ammount of exp
    (considering the items needed to complete and the availability of these items).
    - Delete all orders U cant complete now OR by the next time you logon (machine is making it).
    - boat, pets.
    - harvest wheat
    - plant sugar/soya/carrot/corn/wheat
    - If using tom and hes available, use tom (the effect of tom is even greater % wise when not playing extremly much).

5. During longer sessions:
    - harvest wheat.
    - Take care of trees
    - Help friends
    - manage barn (fill up on low stock items, sell high stock).
    - and the stuff of the short sessions
    -------------------------------------------

Hope this helps all of u to LVL up fast (for those who have this goal).
    Last edited by 007ich; March 29th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
    GC: 007ich // My Lvl: 182 // My KIK: 007ich

Wow, what an informative post, thank you.
    GC ID. Chriswiv

Quote Originally Posted by Chriswiv View Post
    Wow, what an informative post, thank you.
    Right lol

Kinda crazy you know all this and spend the time to add up 10k a day everyday.. Goodluck with that
    Game Center ID
    Repentance10
    Level 51

Great post!
    GameCenter ID/Kik: TwistedFateHN | Level: 42
    Captain: III | TT: III | Co-Op: II

|
    Captain I-III Achievement Help | HD Wiki | HD Guide Book |

Centennial Club
    Nice job!

You really have 400 trees and bushes on your farm? wow..:eek:
    Hayday: Level 100, RP 19
    Boom Beach: Level 46, HQ 19

Quote Originally Posted by castanaveras View Post
    Nice job!

You really have 400 trees and bushes on your farm? wow..:eek:
    320 chocolate tree
    Around 20 apple
    24 raspberry
    24 blackberry
    24 cherry tree.

So bit above 400

Quote Originally Posted by 007ich View Post
    320 chocolate tree
    Around 20 apple
    24 raspberry
    24 blackberry
    24 cherry tree.

So bit above 400
    Lol! Do you need axes and saws? I have plenty!

Trainee
    Wow! Kudos to you, 007ich. A very informative post indeed. Thank you.
    GC: flusteredlink - Level: 54
    Captain III - TT III - Co-Op III

I knew all the things you mentioned and been working the same way but I would probably never have the patience to write it in a post. LOL! Kudos! Back when I was actively playing, I averaged a minimum of 100K XP daily. It normally took me 2-3 days to level up (currently level 68 where you need 355K to level up). Lately I've barely been on so I haven't been hyper harvesting wheat or have I been actively looking for crates to fill for neighbours which has made a huge difference. I haven't leveled up in over a week.
    GC (& Kik): PinkStarbelly
    Tag: 8U99URUY Level: ​106

Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    I knew all the things you mentioned and been working the same way but I would probably never have the patience to write it in a post. LOL! Kudos! Back when I was actively playing, I averaged a minimum of 100K XP daily. It normally took me 2-3 days to level up (currently level 68 where you need 355K to level up). Lately I've barely been on so I haven't been hyper harvesting wheat or have I been actively looking for crates to fill for neighbours which has made a huge difference. I haven't leveled up in over a week.

Thats the point of this post.

even when u dont have much time to play. With Good planning and spreading play time into several verry short sessions,
    Its still well do able to get around 50-60k a day.

By logging in several times to do truck orders and fill machines, u can get a base exp of around 50k a day.
    by adding more time in Total or per session, u only add a small ammount of extra exp.

Exampleestimates).
    The time u spend:
    60 minits = 50k
    120 minits = 65k
    180minits = 80k
    240 minits = 90k
    300 minits = 100k
    etcetera.

So by spending 5 times as much time,
    u only make double the exp. Time vs exp wise 60 minits spread over many short session is optimal.

During the week when I work I play minimal style.
    In weekend I sometimes try hit the 100k and a upgrade silo/barn (trading).