Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mask- An Intricate Anti-Hog TH9 Farming Design Created to Protect Gold

Thumbs Up The Mask- An Intricate Anti-Hog TH9 Farming Design Created to Protect Gold

From the creator of The Eclipse, and the same clan that has created "The Shield" by Mitch and "The Tsunami" by SHAUIV, I present to you, The Mask.

My Goal in building The Mask: Construct a farming base that can be used in the latter stages of TH9 that is durable against hogs, but most importantly, sturdy against tier one troops (Barbarians, Archers, Minions). I do not want ANYONE to come near my gold or precious dark elixir, so I exposed my elixir in exchange for free shields.

The Mask

Pros of The Mask:

-Disguised Hog Ring which surprises enemy hoggers
    -Excellent Wizard Tower placement to ensure a goblin genocide
    -Centralized Dark Elixir and Clan Castle
    -Calculated Funneling prevents troops from targeting the gold storages
    -Each gold storage is in its own compartment
    -Giant Bombs strategically placed to murder groups of archers
    -Confusing layout to attack; most settle for town hall only

Cons of The Mask:

-Mortar placement is not ideal
    -Clan Castle is lurable...although it is very hard to do so
    -Heroes are lurable (but aren't they always?)
    -Not a transformer base. There is no trophy version

***NOTE*** Elixir Storages can be swapped with the gold mines in the core. Personally, I have finished all of the possible elixir upgrades available at TH9 (yes, including the lab) so it is useless except for cooking troops and spells

http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/436769

Clan Castle- Not as bad as it looks, eh?

Hog Ring- Hard to notice at first, but that is a good thing.

Defenses and traps- Again, very easy to see the path that hog riders take

Traps only- For those who are copying the base

Walls only- Sexy right?

Defense Logs- As you can see, this base guarantees protection of your precious gold. In the defense below, the hogs barely touched my core and came nowhere near stealing my precious gold and dark elixir

Attack Number 1: Hogs went around the base and only 2 hogs killed one wizard tower. He followed with his tier 1 troops which were shot down quickly by the xbow. Lastly came his BK which also got shot down before even touching my gold storages. All gold stolen came from my mines

Attack Number 2: This guy was a good attacker and came from the bottom with his giants & wall breakers first. He followed with his healers & his hogs and kept quickly sending in gobs & archers to get the storages while the wiz towers and bows were busy. After his hogs, healers, and giants died, his archers proceeded to take 1 gold storage and get a few touches on another. They didn't touch my Dark Elixir at all! Again, I don't care about elixir, but still he managed to get 2 storages. Overall a good attacker but The Mask held strong

The Third Attack: Hogs came from the right side of my base and continued around towards the bottom right just like I would hope. He followed with all of his power troops (quite the line up) and sadly my wizard tower kept shooting the witch's skeletons so the wizards shot it down. The drag got some work done and took part of one gold storage before an AD shot it down. Finally he sent the queen in and she shot through the wall of my center compartment and her and some whizzes got 50% of my dark elixir storage (2000 available, 800 stolen)

Quotes about the base by random forum members

Quote Originally Posted by lastnline View Post
    I like the unconventional style of this. After staring at it long enough the hog ring can be identified and broken but it does a great job disguising it so the 30sec someone has to decipher makes this a great option. I had to squint and stare to identify the ring. The goal here isn't to have the strong and traditional hog ring but its used as deception. I like that point for its originality.

Quote Originally Posted by thenextman View Post
    Interesting base, although i wouldn't call it unbeatable is certainly deserves a spot among the top town hall 9 bases.

Quote Originally Posted by gallantblade View Post
    I do like the masked hog ring, at first glance I would not pick it for a hog ring. But there is a circlar path where poor hoggers will go on the merry go round. Also allows all Wizard Towers in a critical defensive location.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeceJ94 View Post
    ...Unsure why people are arguing over it being anti hog or not as imo it is as you manipulate the rampage of the hogs rather than them having free reign and the fact its not a mainstream design has peoples backs up...The advantages i can see is that its not easily obvious to pick a weak spot to attack and plan a steamroll. The ring would surely throw off less experienced players or those who use armies with mismatch compositions. The elixir storages may encourage a snipe and or weak barch/bam raid. Also the layout appears to be handy at redirecting troops which could throw an attack into disarray...In any case you have inspired me to give it a whirl and makes a change from the typical square core or blatant anti hog setups.

A TH8 version made by Sphinx (Not my base)

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Closing Statement:

-Quick Shoutout to my awesome clan, Crucible Envy. They have helped me grow as a base designer and a Clasher. FSU Cru!

-Yes, I am indeed working on a way to center the Clan Castle, but it is hard and likely will not be feasible

-Yes, I am also looking for spaces with double giant bombs

-Lastly, just to repeat myself: ***NOTE*** Elixir Storages can be swapped with the gold mines in the core. Personally, I have finished all of the possible elixir upgrades available at TH9 (yes, including the lab) so it is useless to me except for cooking troops and spells

-I am terribly sorry for the lack of strong defensive logs. More are coming soon!

-If you have any comments or criticism about The Mask, then please feel free to comment and I'll be happy to reply

-Thank you for your time -Doolabh
    Last edited by Brownsugar10; June 19th, 2014 at 12:26 AM.

Level: 115 | Inactive | Legos: 122/250 | Clan: Equilibrium | IGN: doolabh
    Trophy Record: 3497 (TH9) | Donations: 70k+ | Hero Levels: 33
    Creator of TH9 bases: The Eclipse and The Mask
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome105 View Post
    pls make me feel special guys pls! this is a thread about me being awesome, not about you guys being awesome.

Millennial Club
    how about a real defensive log other than TH snipes?
    FIX CLAN WARS!

There are no actual attacks on my base so far..
    Last edited by Brownsugar10; June 12th, 2014 at 04:59 AM.

pls make me feel special guys pls! this is a thread about me being awesome, not about you guys being awesome.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Monday is coming... BTW Send me a friend req
    Nice base! Gonna post more later...

Banned
    Solid looking base. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFeather View Post
    Nice base! Gonna post more later...
    Quote Originally Posted by freshlikealex View Post
    Solid looking base. 10/10
    Thanks fellas

A realy nice base! Good looking i will give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by ordiepordie View Post
    A realy nice base! Good looking i will give it a try
    Appreciate it I would love to hear back from you on how it works. The more data, the better

Somewhere in the intergalactical universe. ;)
    Hey, brownsugar,
    i saw this base on the glassboard base deisgner thingy and fell in love with it.
    It took me a while to find the hog ring, lol.
    I will most likely make a th8 version of this, just until im th9.
    sphinx

^^ check out Matt's GFX Service ^^

cuurently in clan: FridgeRaiders

It looks very good, but it looks like the wizard towers screw up the antihog ring. And the air defenses are very exposed, but I like the cc radius though