Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE COMPLETE COMPREHENSIVE FORUM USER MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    First of all, I was amused by the Clown Wars. I can't believe Clashers quit playing because of the April Fool's joke.

OP, I would like to bring your attention to the following events which occurred in 2017.

Tim introduced Chon who joined Team Clash Royale as a CM, so the team has 2 CMs.

Darian informed us that he joined Marika and Anoushka as a CM for Team CoC.

When Nick went on his sabbatical, Frisco from Player Support filled in during Nick's absence. After he returned, he and Frisco shared the duties of a CM by posting announcements to the HD subforum. It's possible Team HD has 2 CM's.

Rlight was the CM of both BB and Brawlstars during a brief period. Then Drew joined Team BB as a CM and Rlight left Team BB to focus his full attention on Brawlstars which is in beta.

BTW, IIRC, Tim is the original CM for BB.
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKN1GHT View Post
    Thought this thread was closed!
    It was, but by the magical powers of the ghost of forums past, it has magically been reopened!

Naw, Shiv and I are working on some updates and Lach was nice enough to open it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Right bye. can't talk. must ban trolls.
    Plane Geek and Forum Nerd- PM ME to chat! Join my new FORUM CLAN ALLIANCE today!
    Got a friend you want to give a shoutout to? Compliment them on the FORUM COMPLIMENTS thread!

Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Updating this thing is hard though! It's massive!!

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
    ...Naw, Shiv and I are working on some updates and Lach was nice enough to open it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by shivampaw View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank Julezwatts and shivampaw for writing the awesome guide. The depth and breadth of your research is amazing. May your magnum opus be read often by newbies and veterans visiting the forums.

Welcome back after a long hiatus.

After you two completed your exhaustive guide in 2014, it was buried in the forums until the Mod Squad uncovered it and stickied it in the newly created ForumTalk subforum in 2017. It took me more than a few hours and several sittings to finish reading the guide and then I realized that I was looking at a time capsule. In 2014, the Mod Squad were painted green instead of orange. Two years later, Clash Royale would be released globally. Softbank was still the parent company of Supercell until it was sold to Tencent in 2016.

I'm glad you have returned and are undertaking the Herculean task of updating the guide. Good luck.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 14th, 2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: grammar
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank Julezwatts and shivampaw for writing the awesome guide. The depth and breadth of your research is amazing. May your magnum opus be read often by newbies and veterans visiting the forums.

Welcome back after a long hiatus.

After you two completed your exhaustive guide in 2014, it was buried in the forums until the Mod Squad uncovered it and stickied it in the newly created ForumTalk subforum in 2017. It took me more than a few hours and several sittings to finish reading the guide and then I realized that I was looking at a time capsule. In 2014, the Mod Squad were painted green instead of orange. Two years later, Clash Royale would be released globally. Softbank was still the parent company of Supercell until it was sold to Tencent in 2016.

I'm glad you have returned and are undertaking the Herculean task of updating the guide. Good luck.
    Thanks

It looks like Page 1 of this thread is mainly all up to date. We will probably use section 7 to go over the reputation system. I am going to work on section 10 and add more details to that next.

Massive is a very adequate description! Thank you for working on it. I do have one request, but I'm not sure if it is feasible or not. Can you link a search option on the first post that would search only this thread? It might help some fresh spawns in finding quality answers to some of their questions.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBob View Post
    Massive is a very adequate description! Thank you for working on it. I do have one request, but I'm not sure if it is feasible or not. Can you link a search option on the first post that would search only this thread? It might help some fresh spawns in finding quality answers to some of their questions.
    I don't think it's actually possible to be honest.

There was previously a 'search within thread' option under the 'thread tools' tab at the top right of every thread page, but it seems to no longer be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Right bye. can't talk. must ban trolls.
    Plane Geek and Forum Nerd- PM ME to chat! Join my new FORUM CLAN ALLIANCE today!
    Got a friend you want to give a shoutout to? Compliment them on the FORUM COMPLIMENTS thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
    There was previously a 'search within thread' option under the 'thread tools' tab at the top right of every thread page, but it seems to no longer be there.
    Isnt the linking for sections enough ?

"What kind of a monster are you !?" " The Wolverine." Shingen, Wolverine
    "You know nothing Socrates. I know that I know nothing." Ygritte, Socrates
    "I am the Master and you will obey me." Master
    "Nature made me a freak. Man made me a weapon. And God made it last long." Logan

Quote Originally Posted by SMAEL View Post
    Isnt the linking for sections enough ?
    For someone familiar with the forums, links are enough.

Based on my time as a fresh spawn, I would have benefited from a search option specific for this thread. Shoot, I'm still learning how to use the advanced search features...

Even a link that takes you to the advanced search page with all of the correct search criteria set would have helped me out.

For someone familiar with the forums, links are enough.

Based on my time as a fresh spawn, I would have benefited from a search option specific for this thread. Shoot, I'm still learning how to use the advanced search features...

Even a link that takes you to the advanced search page with all of the correct search criteria set would have helped me out.
    But if you're reading the manual then you'll see the page 1 has a table of contents which should help with finding the content you want to read up on?