Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Visitors from Cinema, Grocery Shop, etc

Exclamation Remove Visitors from Cinema, Grocery Shop, etc

There should be an option to remove visitors from the businesses in the new town if you are unable to fill their orders or if you just don't want to fill them. Either that or let it be known what it is that they want before allowing/sending them to the grocery shop, cinema, etc.

Classic case in point that is truly frustrating me: there is a visitor in my cinema who wants a chocolate bar. The chocolate bars take way to long to make so I don't make them at all. I am stuck with this one visitor in my one slot in the cinema. The only way I'll be able to get rid of her is to spin the wheel or get lucky in the newspaper with a chocolate bar. It takes all of the fun out of the game. Very perplexing. There should be an option to turn them away after they enter if you don't want to fill the order or cannot fill the order.

Most Level-Headed Member
    You're in luck.

Read the Hay Day Town FAQ, in particular the last question.
    Last edited by Holidae; May 27th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Exclamation Only Answers one thing

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    You're in luck.

The last question of the Hay Day Town FAQ only seems to answer the sending away of visitors if they are not already in one of your service buildings. This still leaves the original thought of being able to remove visitors after they enter the service building.

I totally agree with that idea. I have a woman right now in the grocery store asking for jam which takes 7 hours to produce and I already have 2 other jams in the production queue of my Jam Maker. It will be good to free up that slot for other visitors in my town.

Also, it would have been nice to be able to at least get a preview of what the visitor needs. However, because of how the game is set up with the visitor being able to go into multiple service buildings, it's difficult to tell what they want right away. Not every product is available in every service building. For example, popcorn may be available in the cinema but not in the grocery store. The only way I could see them getting this implemented is if tapping and holding the button which sends the visitor to a specific service building would reveal what they might want. I think it would be easier however to at least be able to send them back out of the service building until we can produce what they want or put them in a "line" or something (kinda like when visitors come to the farm and we ask them to wait a moment)
    Last edited by SquilBert; May 27th, 2014 at 06:48 PM.

Most Level-Headed Member
    Have you tried to send a visitor away that is in a service building after reaching Town level 3?

I don't know if this applies to you or not, but be aware that others who are using iPhones have had this problem with the first visitor slot in a building as the 'refresh' symbol (which sends the visitor away) is off the screen. I have this issue myself only on my phone, and it has been reported in other parts of the forums. It does not appear to be a known issue on other (larger) devices.😊 Hopefully supercell will fix this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    You're in luck.

Doesn't answer request. If I have many visitors requesting a venue I'd like to swap who is at a venue to someone I can service and fulfill a particular order later. So in the case of the jam request above, put that person in the diner instead and service someone else at the grocery.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCaffeinated View Post
    Doesn't answer request. If I have many visitors requesting a venue I'd like to swap who is at a venue to someone I can service and fulfill a particular order later. So in the case of the jam request above, put that person in the diner instead and service someone else at the grocery.
    I know everyone has their own playing style, but I don't think i would find that much fun. You can see from the Town Hall who wants to visit where and manage them accordingly. Finding you are low/without an item means you have to decide whether to wait it out or send them away. It means you have to be creative with your barn. As you go up the levels visitors want to go to more places - and I'm loath to send someone away when i have served them so much produce from two other buildings already so i use my neighbourhood and visit my followers, and it ties the game together. So there is the challenge. For me, anyway.
    Last edited by Sarahsfarm; May 27th, 2014 at 11:49 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahsfarm View Post
    I know everyone has their own playing style, but I don't think i would find that much fun. You can see from the Town Hall who wants to visit where and manage them accordingly. Finding you are low/without an item means you have to decide whether to wait it out or send them away. It means you have to be creative with your barn. As you go up the levels visitors want to go to more places - and I'm loath to send someone away when i have served them so much produce from two other buildings already so i use my neighbourhood and visit my followers, and it ties the game together. So there is the challenge. For me, anyway.
    I agree. This adds a degree of complexity to the resource planning that wasn't there before. It is similar to trying to decide whether to send a send a boat away empty before you start filling it. But the issues are more interesting: A boat you send empty or not, whereas a visitor you can kick out, but some people will feel that they lost what they invested. And that's not really true: the visitor already paid money and reputation in previous shops. Of course what smarts is the loss of a chance at a TEM. But in a month or two after the town is well-leveled it will be different.

Which is one of the neat things of Hay Day: the game keeps changing as you keep leveling up.

Fresh Spawn

PLEASE READ: regarding visitors in shop glitch

Quote Originally Posted by StarkyJ View Post
    There should be an option to remove visitors from the businesses in the new town if you are unable to fill their orders or if you just don't want to fill them. Either that or let it be known what it is that they want before allowing/sending them to the grocery shop, cinema, etc.

Classic case in point that is truly frustrating me: there is a visitor in my cinema who wants a chocolate bar. The chocolate bars take way to long to make so I don't make them at all. I am stuck with this one visitor in my one slot in the cinema. The only way I'll be able to get rid of her is to spin the wheel or get lucky in the newspaper with a chocolate bar. It takes all of the fun out of the game. Very perplexing. There should be an option to turn them away after they enter if you don't want to fill the order or cannot fill the order.
    I completely agree, however my issue is not with the time constraints it takes to produce these items requested from visitors, I have an issue where I picked up a visitor from a player in my neighborhood (said player is on level 55) via my personal train. Visitors requests are based on what level the player who received them first are on. Which has turned into a nightmare for me. For example, when I picked up a visitor from another player in my neighborhood, I am filling an order they refused to fill. The order she received was 1 soy sauce, which when I picked this visitor up, I did not know this. Soy sauce requires you to be level 54 or higher. I am level 47. So you see my dilemma. Since I picked up a visitor from someone whose level was higher than mine, I now have to wait till I reach that level before I can complete the order. There is no option to "immediately finish" the order with diamonds, no way for me to use Tom to get the item, nor can I purchase this item in shop. Basically I am stuck with this visitor, holding up a spot in my grocery store, that I have no way of getting rid of. So BE FOREWARNED! DO NOT pick up a visitor on your personal train from someone whose level is higher than yours!!! I have emailed supercell about this issue, it has been 5 days and still no reply. Any suggestions, or info on how long it typically takes Supercell to respond to issues?

Also, I have been having issues where items I put on sale are purchased in my shop, then end up disappearing before I can collect coins. Another glitch caused me to lose items in my barn and silo. So please, as a helpful tip to others, keep watch of your inventory also! This glitch will be the death of me >:-(

Stuck with a customer forever

Quote Originally Posted by haybells23 View Post
    I completely agree, however my issue is not with the time constraints it takes to produce these items requested from visitors, I have an issue where I picked up a visitor from a player in my neighborhood (said player is on level 55) via my personal train. Visitors requests are based on what level the player who received them first are on. Which has turned into a nightmare for me. For example, when I picked up a visitor from another player in my neighborhood, I am filling an order they refused to fill. The order she received was 1 soy sauce, which when I picked this visitor up, I did not know this. Soy sauce requires you to be level 54 or higher. I am level 47. So you see my dilemma. Since I picked up a visitor from someone whose level was higher than mine, I now have to wait till I reach that level before I can complete the order. There is no option to "immediately finish" the order with diamonds, no way for me to use Tom to get the item, nor can I purchase this item in shop. Basically I am stuck with this visitor, holding up a spot in my grocery store, that I have no way of getting rid of. So BE FOREWARNED! DO NOT pick up a visitor on your personal train from someone whose level is higher than yours!!! I have emailed supercell about this issue, it has been 5 days and still no reply. Any suggestions, or info on how long it typically takes Supercell to respond to issues?

Also, I have been having issues where items I put on sale are purchased in my shop, then end up disappearing before I can collect coins. Another glitch caused me to lose items in my barn and silo. So please, as a helpful tip to others, keep watch of your inventory also! This glitch will be the death of me >:-(

Now you can send the customer away. Click on the visitor. Click the circle button on the visitor's purchase item menu and go to next page of the menu. Drag Send Away over to the visitor.
    Last edited by TeaGarden; May 31st, 2014 at 04:18 PM.