Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on the Farm June Birthday Swim Party

jude, nice choices! the first is sizzling and the second is very classy, a perfect match for you!

still trying to figure out the budgie smuggling comment...i want to chuckle, is that wrong?
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Judesnz54 View Post
    Hot summer pool party, mmm, what to wear? May need to be rescued, mmm, what to wear?

So I need to be cool whilst sitting beside the pool, this might do....

[/

Stunning choices, Jude, but does this mean we won't be seeing your fabulous inflating dress from Big Ed's Funky Fashions & Camo-o-Rama Discount Mart? How disappointing, as I had hoped to sip cocktails with you as we floated upon your skirt in the pool, dabbling our toes and fingers in the water while a handy lifeguards feeds us cherries and grapes.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Knitgal, any of your life guards can rescue me, any day. I am sure it will 'get into trouble' and need saving.
    I actually took that into account when "interviewing", and then "hiring" our lifeguards.

Quote Originally Posted by Neen View Post
    still trying to figure out the budgie smuggling comment...i want to chuckle, is that wrong?
    Google it, Neen. That's what I had to do to learn what was meant by that comment. Makes perfect sense once you know.

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Stunning choices, Jude, but does this mean we won't be seeing your fabulous inflating dress from Big Ed's Funky Fashions & Camo-o-Rama Discount Mart? How disappointing, as I had hoped to sip cocktails with you as we floated upon your skirt in the pool, dabbling our toes and fingers in the water while a handy lifeguards feeds us cherries and grapes.
    I'm guessing that she will use the dress from Big Ed's as a cover-up while traveling to the party, then off it comes at the appropriate time for the festivities. Is that correct, Jude?

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Yes KG, although now that is is inflated (by mistake) I havent quite worked out how to pack it back up again, as a tent it makes moving about a little tricky.

Sushi Fred also asked me to tell you he has been working out and would like to offer his services as a lifeguard.
    [/URL]

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Oh how cute fred looks!! Loool

NH: Down on the farm
    lvl 50 and slowly rising...

[QUOTE=Judesnz54;2058833]Yes KG, although now that is is inflated (by mistake) I havent quite worked out how to pack it back up again, as a tent it makes moving about a little tricky.

Sushi Fred also asked me to tell you he has been working out and would like to offer his services as a lifeguard.
    [/URL]

I see Sushi Fred is sporting a mankini - Neen will be uncontrollable, especially after i explain Hummingbird smuggling to her!
    Last edited by GladeMaid; June 4th, 2014 at 07:24 AM.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

[QUOTE=GladeMaid;2061227]
    Yes KG, although now that is is inflated (by mistake) I havent quite worked out how to pack it back up again, as a tent it makes moving about a little tricky.

[/URL]

I see Sushi Fred is sporting a mankini - Neen will be uncontrollable, especially after i explain Hummingbird smuggling to her!
    hummingbird smuggling?! U better explain it to me too plz!

NH: Down on the farm
    lvl 50 and slowly rising...

[QUOTE=GladeMaid;2061227]

[/URL]

yes, once again, laughing out loud! Glad im alone or people might think im up to something...off to google..."how to smuggle budgies"
    Last edited by Neen; June 4th, 2014 at 01:52 PM.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Ok, I'm back...that was a wild ride...Aussies are too much! Although I'm still partial to the mankini terminology...Now as to the hummingbirds...not sure how they, er, fit in here...

Midsummer Festivities June 21st

Another theme that can fit with your festivities should you wish.
    Your June birthday event falls on the summer solstice, the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. This allows you to party well into the wee hours with plenty of light. It is also a festival day, (or days, as it is extended) in northern countries; Finland and the other Scandinavian countries where it is midsummer. In Russia the White Knights are celebrated.
    Uh, correction, it is called the White Nights there, the photos of your lifeguards is a distraction

Scrolling down on this site shows 10 ways to celebrate midsummer:
    http://m.almanac.com/content/first-d...ummer-solstice

Some say Midsummer is a time for magic, whimsy, beguilement, & fantasy. Fitting in with HD and farming "Midsummer" is also an agricultural term that indicates the 1/2 way mark between planting in the spring & harvesting crops in the fall.

Whatever you do you will certainly have fun!

The picture shows a Finnish Midsummer bonfire.

Wheetie Farm
    Level 110, Town level 29