Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Town Video Diary

New Town Video Diary

I am going to keep a video diary of all the changes I make to my Hay Day Town. Follow along with me as I try new things, as I explore my options, as I work on buildings and grow my town.

Why not give advice in the comments and let’s see how it looks over the next few months. Once it’s set up and running well then new members and players have something they can check on for ideas and how to play.

Day One - Lets repair the platform and tracks.

Day Two -My New Buildings

Day Three

Last edited by Ranger; June 25th, 2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added a new vesrion of day 1 with audio

Dang! Cool idea but if it wasn't for the music, I would have thought it was in slow-mo . I'll still watch the next one
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Cool video!

Sorry, off-topic - which app did you use to record this video diary?
    Level 85

Quote Originally Posted by mr4baby View Post
    Sorry, off-topic - which app did you use to record this video diary?
    I used Display Recorder

Day Two added

Two New Vids

Others

Town Hall Upgrade - LVL 1 to LVL 2

The New Personal Train

Love the videos Ranger!!
    Proud Member of HDAA (HayDay Addicts Anonymous) working on my addiction, 1 wheat field at a time
    Please PM for Farm ID
    Level: 129 | Town Level: 35
    |Achievements:130/131| Wheating since March 15, 2013

Day 4 of my video diary.

Day 4 of my time in the town.

Dear Diary
    What a great way to start the day with more gifts from my visitors. Let's welcome some new ones, send off the old. A few to the diner, some to the movies but hey some want to stay in town so how about building a Bed and Breakfast for them, then they can enjoy the sights some more.

I hear there are people waiting to visit from my neighbours so off my personal train goes to pick them up. Oh no more than one person wants to sleep over so let's upgrade the B&B just for them. I have the tools and resources and it doesn't take long.

More people for lunch so why not upgrade the diner while I'm at it. Just look how she turnt out inside. I'm so happy.

Day 5 of my video diary.

Dear Dairy, (Day 5)

The town today was uneventful. I'm now getting used to using the Town Hall People Manager to control visitors. Land is still limited even though I'm starting to get some better prizes in the gifts. The LEMs are really needed to upgrade the buildings so I'm saving everyone. I plan to have all six slots done and then work on reducing the time. The coins and reputation can wait until later.

I chose to clean up the square today; some of those rocks are sure stubborn. I think I scared the sheep in the local farm again. I know the farmer moans about his chickens as they stop laying but that's cool as I can sell him some of mine. Only trouble was I needed them later so had to go all the way back to my farm to pick up some more.

Was really happy this afternoon as some of the other personal trains stopped by to pick up visitors, which are hopping from town to town. I told them they would be welcome back anytime as long as they are not troublemakers. I had to send a few people away as they wouldn't wait nicely. I want; I want just gets you sent away.

I love this option to pop into my friend's town, as it means I can pick and choose the passengers with easy demands, and then claim the big prizes after they are done. Fast and simple is sometimes better. I decided to upgrade my personal train after the last run so now I can pick up 3 passengers. Cost me many bars again, 5 each of coal/iron/gold, but I'm sure the investment will be worth it. She looks great with three windows and a new gold strip on the roof.

That's it the day is done. I've an early start on the farm so back I go.

Day 6 of my video diary.

Hay Day Town Diary - Day 6

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon just welcoming visitors, collecting their gifts and selling them what they wanted. Had to pop back to the farm a few times, but was an easy day in town.

Finally got enough resources to expand some land. Bought two properties near the woods along the side of the track. Cost me an arm and a leg, but by doing so, was able to get the Town Explorer Achievement unlocked.

Once I cleaned up the land, I moved the Bed and Breakfast onto it. Now that was a challenge. Shifting a whole building was a lot of work for the local building and landscaping company, but they did a wonderful job. I'm really happy with how it looks now and the views overlooking the track and beach are great.

What a nice idea. Sorry to see that you stopped. I'm moving this into our Off-Topic section where we're keeping all of our creative threads, such as this one. It would be lovely to see this continue and also see interaction with the farm and lake...how they all tie in together.
    Last edited by Cricks3; June 21st, 2014 at 11:21 PM.
    GC: PhoenixAerie KIK: Cricks3 HDTag: YQJLUQU9
    Farm: In Memory of Tom, Level 133, town level 38
    NH: Rainbows & Hot Sauce, Red kitten on blue shield
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS version 11.4 Time Zone CST -6
    Honorary "Tech Bug Hound", Previous Official SC Hay Day Forum Moderator