Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Town Video Diary

The new floating chests

The new update is out and contains some good additions to the town area. One of them is the opportunity to pick up prizes. Just like the farm, you can get treasure chests but these float on the ocean.

It seems that one of the pirate ships sank in a battle with the customs frigate and the chests are scattered around the oceans of the world.

Will you be lucky and get an unlocked one or will you spend five diamonds to get into it. The choice is yours.

Video

Images

Last edited by Ranger; July 4th, 2014 at 03:59 PM.

Cotton and the New Sewing Machine

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 15 - Personal Train

Day 15 Hay Day Town Diary.

Today I looked at my personal train, as I wanted to see how it works. At the moment I have a level 4 train which means I can pick up 3 passengers only. As I update I will max this out, as picking up from neighbours is a quick way to get gifts. After all one building vs. two or three is much faster.

When you click on the train, it will give you the option of choosing a neighbours town to visit or Gregís place. You can only pick up from one place with each train trip. If you donít like what you see just go back to your town and choose another neighbours place until you find one you like.

Once you have chosen the passengers from the town go back to your town and send them to the buildings they requested. After they have done the waiting time just collect the gifts.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 16 - Level 10

Hay Day Town Dairy - Day 16 - Level 10

Today's diary allows me to collect some gifts so I can expand more areas. The spa and dinner are relocated. The B&B is upgraded to a level 6 - 6 slot building. I finally reach 2420 rep points taking me to level 10. Yeah

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 17 - Capacity Upgrades

Hay Day Town Diary - Day 17

In today's diary, I chose to do a little upgrading. My personal train increased its seating capacity to 4 people so now when I go to my sons town I can collect 4 of the 10 spaces available. Sure does use a lot of metal bars to upgrade this part. Next, I added another seat to the main train. These additional people mean I'm gonna need to up the capacity of my town so time to get more gifts and open up slots in some more buildings.

The dinner got one of these upgrades so now I can serve 6 people at the same time. I'm well on my way to reaching my goal of maxing out all buildings. Found I had enough resources to open up one beach space so did that. Nice little campfire added with a picnic bench for those who want to eat and watch the sun go down.

I discovered that mayonnaise costs a lot of diamonds when you have no stock. Passed on using the diamonds to get just one jar. Maybe if it were, more reasonable I might consider buying and using diamonds as it wouldn't make a large dent, but sheesh the amount asked was unrealistic and kind of stops me buying diamonds just to waste on this.

Got the resources I needed to upgrade the Town Hall so now I can accept up to 21 people at the same time.
    Last edited by Ranger; July 15th, 2014 at 03:34 AM.

How to recover your farm.

A quick video showing how to change back to your farm.
    You never know when your kids will change the settings to their Facebook accounts on your device.

Link
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...over-your-farm

Hay Day Town Diary - Day 18 - Personal Train Capacity Gets Upgraded to 8.

Hay Day Town Diary - Day 18 - Personal Train Capacity Gets Upgraded to 8.

I spent most of the day sending Tom out shopping for metal bars. Sometimes I got a good deal other times not. Using Tom I was able to upgrade my Personal Train capacity. Without his service, I feel it would take forever to mine and then make them as you can see from the smelter information.

Smelter
    - (lvl 24) Silver Bar - 3 silver ores - 8h / 6 h 48 m - (14 XP)
    - (lvl 25) Gold Bar - 3 gold ores - 12h / 10 h 12 m - (18 XP)
    - (lvl 25) Platinum Bar - 3 platinum ores - 16h / 13 h 36 m - (21 XP)
    - (lvl 34) Iron Bar - 3 iron ores - 7 h / 5h 57 m - (15 XP)
    - (lvl 33) Refined Coal - 3 coal - 6h / 5h 6m - (13 XP)

When upgrading the personal train, you have two options. One is to increase the number of passengers; the other is to reduce the maintenance time.

In total, there are
    18 upgrades.

Each upgrade requires 3 types of metal bars, which increases by 5 every time after each cycle of 3. The first two bars are always coal and iron and the last one follows the pattern of silver, gold, and platinum.

I went from a capacity of 4 to 8
    Upgrade 4: 10 coal, 10 iron, 10 silver
    Upgrade 5: 10 coal, 10 iron, 10 gold
    Upgrade 6: 10 coal, 10 iron, 10 platinum
    Upgrade 7: 15 coal, 15 iron, 15 silver
    Upgrade 8: 15 coal, 15 iron, 15 gold

To upgrade to a 9 capacity Tom will need to do some more running.

In total, I used 60 each of Coal & Iron, 25 Silver, 25 Gold, and 10 Platinum just to get to this stage.

The personal train will take a long time without Tom and when I start reducing the maintenance time and I will hit some snags, which will cause me some barn issues but that I’ll show in some later videos.

Last edited by Ranger; July 23rd, 2014 at 01:52 AM.

Hay Day Town Diary Day 19 - The Cinema

Hay Day Town Diary Day 19 - The Cinema

Todayís diary looks more at the cinema. The cinema is available from town lvl 2 and costs 4500 gold to buy. I takes about 5H 30M to make or you can speed it up with 37 Diamonds.

I wanted to see what the visitors asked for, how many coins I get and the XP/Rep points after I upgraded. Upgrades require Nails, Panels, and Hammers. I hated using the nails but when you need six slots, want to reduce the service time and increase XP/Rep then you have no choice.

The standard service time is 3 hours or you can use 6 diamonds for instant turn around. Yeah, No thanks. Upgrades for service time will reduce as follows.

Service Time Upgrades
    --- 180 - 3:00
    --- 171 - 2:51
    --- 162 - 2:42
    --- 153 - 2:33
    --- 144 - 2:24
    --- 135 - 2:15
    --- 126 - 2.06

The visitors give 11 reputation points per visit and will ask for the following machines.

--- Bakery
    --- Popcorn Pot
    --- BBQ Grill
    --- Juice Press
    --- Coffee Kiosk
    --- Ice Cream Maker
    --- Candy Machine
    --- Smoothie Mixer

The number of items per visit will depend on your level in the town. For lvl 1 the request will be for 1 item, for lvls 2-9 2 items and for lvl 10+ 2/3 items.

Really nice! Love to see more

Hay Day
    Addict! New on the forum, howdy
    | Lvl 76 | Rep. Lvl: 16 | Farm name: Piggyville | GC: angeliqueeeee1 | ID: #VLP2PPR8 |
    | Chat with me about trading on Kik: Piggyville |
    I stock my shop everyday, take what you actually need, would like friends who can help me out aswell