Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Town Video Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Cricks3 View Post
    What a nice idea. Sorry to see that you stopped. I'm moving this into our Off-Topic section where we're keeping all of our creative threads, such as this one. It would be lovely to see this continue and also see interaction with the farm and lake...how they all tie in together.

Not stopped just busy at work. Enjoy the new ones.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 7 - The missing Apple

Hay Day Town Diary Day 7

Dear Diary

Started off the day by rearranging the town layout. I will sure be glad when the whole town is expanded and I can start to have it the way I want. Still there is no rush.

Dropped by Christopher's town to pick up some passengers. It's a nice place and will be another good town in the future.

Upgraded the B&B from level 2 to 3. Cost me some of the resources I got from visitors but we sure need the space as more want to stay overnight.

I had to send some visitors away as I couldn't give them what they wanted. I hope they could find a play to sleep in the next town. The demand for the new bedroom in the B&B is high. My full English breakfast must be what they are coming for.

Had a bit of a panic today. The fruit and veg. cart broke on the way to town and lots of fruit got bruised. Had to send back for more as one of my customers wanted an apple. Could have bought one from Greg but his prices are too high. 7 diamonds for an apple. Ahh! I think I will pass.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 8 - Town gets Remodeled

Hay Day Town Diary Day 8

Dear Diary

Today was the day I chose to spruce up the town. I noticed more and more old people were stopping by on the way to the city or coming from the city for the day.

Added an nice pond and some benches, built the towns first toilet, bought a nice little table to go with the diner so customers can sit outside.

Felt I needed more land so purchased another plot near the B&B. Got it quite cheaply so don't have to worry about the bank manager having a heart attack.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 9 - Upgrade those buildings

Hay Day Town Diary Day 9

Dear Diary

Got the builders in today to add additions to some of my buildings. The landscaping and additional furniture has increased the number of visitors to town. The community had a big meeting to decide what to do and proposed upgrading all the buildings, so I got all the local carpenters and builders together and we got to work.

I'm so tired, I have splinters in all my fingers, paint in my ears, and dust up my nose.

We upgraded the following to give additional service spots

LVL 3 Grocery Store - LVL 4
    LVL 3 Cinema - LVL 4

Then, upgraded the Grocery Store to speed up the services.

LVL 4 Grocery Store - LVL 5 (5% faster)

I looked at the rest of my buildings, but need to build up my resources. Had a few beers with my neighbours after all the work was done at the new pond. Was a good day.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 10 - How to use the Town Hall

Hay Day Town Diary Day 10

Dear Diary

I found I was becoming too exhausted to run my town and farm so I hired one of the locals to help me. Not sure if it's a good idea but I need to delegate more and he seems willing to help.

Salary will be part cash, crops, and produce from the farm. Just have to make sure he keeps his hands off the scrumpy.

Instructions:
    ----- 1: Touch the Town Hall and up pops the visitors board.

You will see your level, the visitor capacity, who is in town and where they are.

In my case, I'm level 3 with a capacity of 15. If the train brings 7 visitors then I'm okay but if it brings 8 then one passenger won't get off. Don't upgrade your train more than your town capacity, also keep your building slots up to deal with these visitors.

The image to the left will be the visitors head shot, next comes their name.
    The images to the right will be the buildings they want to visit.
    The text in the middle is their status

The status shows if they are waiting, idle, being served, going home etc...

The building images will be in colour or greyed out. If greyed out they should have a tick mark. This tick indicates they are completed. A stop watch indicates time remaining.

----- 2: Scroll down to the end to see new visitors.

The grey bars won't count toward your visitor capacity as they are finished and will be on the platform. The gold coloured bars do count.

Any visitors with idle need to be dealt with.

----- 3: Click an idle visitor. (Send Away)

When you click on a visitor with idle, they will pop up and show you their requests. You have the choice to send them to that building or send them away.

Here you need to think about the time it takes in each building, the number of slots you have and the amount of requests.

To send away will not be a problem. Any buildings down will still give you the coin, rep and XP, however if you send away before all buildings are done you won't get a gift.

I prefer visitors with two building requests as faster whereas three takes longer, but this depends on the mix. A B&B request will take many hours so judge wisely.

If the building request is greyed out but there is no tick mark then that building is full. If ticked then the building is done.

To send away just tap the option then confirm.

----- 4: Click an idle visitor. (Send to a building)

If the building request is greyed out but there is no tick mark then that building is full. If ticked then the building is done. Gold bars are open for business.

To send a visitor to a building just choose from the menu and tap that. the pop up will vanish and footprints will now go to the building you chose.

A gold bell will appear above the roof to say "hey come to me".

The town hall menu will now pop up again and you can allocate the rest of your visitors.

I watched for a few days to make sure he had a handle on things and was surprised how quickly he picked it up. I may even give him a bonus since he likes apple juice.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 11 - Orders & Gifts

Hay Day Town Diary Day 11

Dear Diary

Had a mate come into town today to see how things were going. He was surprised at how the town has grown. Took him around and introduced him to the shopkeepers and their staff.

He wanted to know why people kept giving me gifts and saying thank you. I said, "it was because I'm such a cool guy". He laughed and said "no really! Why?".

My Explanation:
    Visitors give gifts for services provided.

A visitor comes to town either on the main train or the small personal one then asks to go to some of the buildings, which we allow in most cases. I'm afraid we have to turn a few away as capacity is sometimes full.

My assistant allocates a building so they are not wasting time. He works in the town hall by the way. The visitors then walk to their chosen building and a gold bell rings to tell us they need servicing.

The staff sells them what they need in each building. Sometimes the request is too much or they don't have the cash so we send them away empty-handed. Once they get their items, they tend to hang around and chat with the staff, which we encourage. Not too long mind you as more people are waiting.

Once they have finished they either request to move on to the next building on their list or if done they give me a little gift to say thanks.

The gifts are great and help me to expand the town more. I just love the maps as they help with land expansion and as you can see there are many potential plots for sale around the town.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 12 - Bed & Breakfast Requests

Hay Day Town Diary Day 12

Dear Diary

I focused on my Bed and Breakfast today. Seems like it has become popular, very quickly. What with the nice views and great service, more and more want to stay. I might have to upgrade the building some more so I guess I'd better book the local carpenters again. Three beds just won't ♥♥♥♥ it.

I set up a camera to watch who came and stayed and to see what they wanted.

Wow 8 hours per visitor. I really need to reduce the waiting time as I feel this is causing a bottleneck in town and results in many send-a-ways.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 13 - Level 9 Spa

Hay Day Town Diary Day 13

Dear Diary

WOW, Oh my god. My town got its rating back today. I'm now a level nine. YEAHHHHHHHH, But what does this mean. Well a level nine town can now run a SPA or Onsen, as I prefer to call them.

I love these places. You can relax in a hot bath of water; enjoy great views and fantastic food. It's gonna be a great pull for the town.

But, where to put it, that's the question. I want to place it near the hills but don't have the land resources so I guess I need to save my gifts.

62,000 coins is okay for the spa. I will soon make that back in charges from both walk-ins and those that stay. 2 days to build is a long time but if I pay extra, 87 diamonds well I can speed it up.

I strongly thought about this, but I need more maps so I chose to wait longer.

I picked out a nice spot and bout it. Just didn't have enough tools to clear the land but that can wait.

I got impatient. Too many visitors requesting the spa, shopkeeper's complaining as taking too long, and they are losing business. Time to dig into my diamond stocks and pay overtime. The builders were so happy they finished in next to no time.

Wow she's big, looks like I need to rethink the land space again. Open up the doors and took a gander inside. Love the bath but felt it was too small. Went back to the builders before they left, and asked for a few changes. They were happy to obliged since I'd just paid under the table to get it finished quickly

Went from a level 1 to level 4. That's a lot of towels. I also upgraded the B&B form Level 3 to 4 since I know more people will want to stay.

I set the spa up behind the B&B so they can benefit from repeat business.

Hay Day Town - Diary Day 14 - More Upgrades

Hay Day Town Diary Day 14

Dear Diary

The spa really increased business to the town. Money and gifts are pouring in. so I guess I'd better spend them. Was able to finish the land expansion near the back o my town and set up the dinner there. Betty the owner was very happy with the spot.

Now to upgrade the buildings. Which ones to choose.

lvl 3 Diner to lvl 4 - 4 slots
    lvl 4 Cinema to lvl 5 - 5 slots
    lvl 5 Grocery to lvl 6 - 5 slots
    lvl 3 Town Hall Capacity 15 to lvl 4 Capacity 18
    lvl 5 Cinema to lvl 6 - 6 slots

Now that the cinema has 6 seats it's maxed out so the only upgrades left are for Coins, Experience/Reputation and Service time.

I'm more inclined to go for service time as coins and rep won't help yet.

lvl 6 Cinema to lvl 7 - 5% time reduction.

Now with all these buildings done and my town hall capacity increased lets add new carriages to the train.

lvl 3 Station Capacity 5 to lvl 4 Station Capacity 6

New Audio Versions

I now know how to add voice to my videos after the effect so will be changing them as time permits.

Had a few negative comments about the fact that people don't like the speed of my playing or that I don't talk.

Well the speed can stay as I like it since it's the way I will play but lets see if a new audio suits peoples tastes better.

Have updated the first video and will do the rest as time permits.