Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Chill Reputations - a Neighborhood built for the sake of Reputation Points

Lightbulb Of Chill Reputations - a Neighborhood built for the sake of Reputation Points

UPDATE: As of December 2017, our new NH Leader is the marvelous Bont1ng. Please get in touch with Bont1ng for NH inquires. Thanks!

Does this description sound familiar: ...?

You love Hay Day. You play a lot. Your game is mostly self-sufficient and played in the spirit of "I like to do it myself." In the past, the Neighborhood concept held little appeal for you. However, the introduction of the Personal Train and the Town has you concerned. Without a neighborhood, you'll miss out on all those extra bonus gifts and reputation points as Town Visitors patronize multiple towns within a neighborhood.

Maybe it describes you. It describes me, so I've created a neighborhood that exists mainly as a pick up for extra town visitors.

The neighborhood is:

Of Chill Reputations

The original neighborhood description in the game was an abbreviated form of:

For reputation points only. No chat. No asking for help. No RSS Raiding.

You might be thinking: Whoa! that neighborhood description sounds really harsh. Why so serious? Well, I wanted simple, clear rules. Simple, clear rules are easier to understand, easier to administer. In my ideal, personal world, I would tweak my own rules to allow many more fuzzy, little exceptions. But that might bring difficult and unwanted complications.

Also, Hay Day allows only so many characters in the description. Short descriptions can come off as unintentionally cranky and curt. So I'm going to explain/expand on these rules here:

================================================

For reputation pts only.

This is shorthand for the neighborhood's main purpose: to exist as a gathering place for players to make use of their personal train. By having access to a neighborhood with extra town visitors, members can access all those extra benefits - like bonus gifts and reputation points - without having to navigate the complications of a more traditional neighborhood.

No chat.

For now, there'll be no traditional [in-game] neighborhood chat. Think of our neighborhood as the quiet car on the train. You know how a lot of trains reserve a car as "quiet?" No talking, no audible music, no cell phone talking. It's not that you're not a friendly, sociable person in general. It's that neighborhood chatter would - over time - feel intrusive. It would hamper your quiet enjoyment of the game.

If you're accepted in this neighborhood, that means you're very much appreciated and wanted. So, even if the neighborhood is quiet, I hope all members in good standing feel those positive and appreciative vibes.

Exception to the "no chat" rule:

Even in the quiet car, the train conductor interrupts the silence to make necessary announcements. On occasion, the NH leader - and only the NH leader - may use the in-game chat to post an announcement essential to the NH.

No asking for help.

Please do not write the NH for help in acquiring Hay Day crops, products, expansion materials, tools, etc. in the chat, in this thread, or through forum groups/private message/3rd party apps.

Exceptions are:

if you have contacts with a particular member outside the boundaries of this neighborhood, and you conduct such help exchanges separately from neighborhood interactions. Examples: you're already friends in real life or you come across each other in the forum trading threads.

You may be thinking: that is so severe and un-neighborly. Well, you're kinda right. But I want to establish a clear neighborhood identity and culture. And even though a little respectful help exchange would be personally appealing to me, I've opted to disallow it in this 'hood.

This rule doesn't apply to the in-game signaling system of asking for help nor the in-game NH trading system - which currently appears as an automatic notice in the chat.

I encourage you to signal, give, and receive help - to the extent that you find it enjoyable - using the in-game NH trading feature and the in-game boat signaling system.

No offering help in a way that undermines the "no asking for help" rule.

Please do not offer to sell or give in-game items in a way that would require your neighbor to contact you further and break the "no asking for help" rule. Please do not offer in-game items as a response to a neighbor voicing a general lack of that item.

Why this bizarre rule against making certain offers of direct and specific help? Because allowing such offers opens the loophole that folks can ask for help indirectly - by dropping hints of what they need, for example. Then, they can wait for the offers to roll in.

No RSS raiding.

So, what is "RSS raiding" anyway? For the purposes of this neighborhood, RSS raiding means any shopping practice that is unwelcome by the seller. Doesn't matter how allegedly illogical or unfair or unreasonable you find the seller's reaction, if the neighbor-seller doesn't welcome the neighbor-buyer's patronage of her roadside shop, then neighbor-buyer will stop shopping at the seller's store.

If you're the seller, and you just want the buyer to stop certain shopping practices while continuing others, then don't involve neighborhood enforcement. For instance, you like it when the buyer pays full price for all your eggs but you dislike it when he/she buys all your cakes and jams. If you want the neighborhood to intervene, then you (the seller) have to accept that all purchases by the buyer in your store will be disallowed.

How would this rule operate? A seller should contact the NH leader who will ask the neighbor-buyer to stop shopping at the seller's roadside shop.

Once this rule is invoked, the buyer-neighbor will stop shopping at the neighbor's store.

Last edited by LetTheMusicPlay; December 16th, 2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: updated NH vacancies

IMPORTANT: How to Join this Neighborhood

How do you join Of Chill Reputations?

• Be a member of this forum. The NH Leader will use the forum's messaging system to contact neighbors privately.

• Post in this thread or send the NH Leader (Bont1ng) a private message that you'd like to join and the name of your farm. Posting in this thread or sending the NH Leader a private message lets them know that you've read the very very long description of this neighborhood, and that you find its rules acceptable. If you send a PM, your request to join will be kept confidential. The NH Leader will reply with some additional information about our NH to see if this could be the right NH for you.

Thank you for reading this very long introduction. Hopefully, open disclosure and being upfront about the nitty-gritty of this neighborhood will create a more secure and situation. The rules will serve as notice with little or no enforcement necessary.

If this 'hood sounds like it would suit your needs, and you would be accepting of and comfortable with the rules, please join. Your membership would be most welcome.

========================

Updates to NH rules:

Temporary Leave

Members can leave this NH, and their spot will be held for them for 3 days. Most members who've done this want to trade in other 'hoods, but it can be for any reason. You don't have to notify anyone. It's an automatic admission when you request to readmit.

This policy was set in post #96 of this thread.

Inactivity/Abandonment

Since this NH's started, we've implemented new guidelines on when/how members who've abandoned the game are eased out of the neighborhood. Basically, if a neighbor doesn't offer a heads-up that they'll be out of the game beforehand, and if there've been zero signs of activity for about three weeks, then a process starts where the neighbor might end up losing their membership..

Derby

Yes, we derby! Many of us with a lot of enthusiasm.

Members are encouraged to participate in the derby, but on a voluntary basis. In general, it's not mandatory - except when it triggers the inactivity litmus test as described above. It's up to Supercell to make the derby fun and irresistible and entice people to play. We try to give our NH the best chance for a strong finish by culling most (but not all) lower-point tasks from the board.

If you have a moderately competitive derby spirit, it can still flourish with full rewards in this quiet NH.

If you are extremely competitive or a bit perfectionistic about the derby, then we probably would not suit you.

If an opted-in neighbor contributes zero points, then they're opted out of the subsequent derby.

But if members can contribute any or some points, then we encourage them to stay opted-in to the derby and enjoy the full NH experience. We're usually in Champions League, so lots of potential horseshoe prizes to win.
    Last edited by LetTheMusicPlay; December 16th, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

Interesting idea. I would love to see how this works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorinkittycat View Post
    Interesting idea. I would love to see how this works out for you.
    Thanks! I'm curious to see how it'll play out too.

As more people unlock the town and their personal trains, I hope there'll be more demand for this sort of a neighborhood.

I'm still waiting for my own town to open. But thought I'd get an early start and lay the groundwork now for a 'hood. I want those reputation points!

This is exactly the neighbourhood I was hoping might appear. I started my own one called independent farmers which I thought about developing as a non-chat, no-strings co-op. The quiet carriage of the train? Yes, I get it totally. I think there will be more people who want this too. I don't know if they necessarily frequent forums but hopefully they will read this thread and join up. I would like to apply please. Well done!

Buttercup Farm.

It goes against the concept of hayday play but best of luck and hope it works for you

Level 68 Achievements. 101/108

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    This is exactly the neighbourhood I was hoping might appear. I started my own one called independent farmers which I thought about developing as a non-chat, no-strings co-op. The quiet carriage of the train? Yes, I get it totally. I think there will be more people who want this too. I don't know if they necessarily frequent forums but hopefully they will read this thread and join up. I would like to apply please. Well done!

Buttercup Farm.

Lovely! I don't see your request in the game yet. But once I do, I'll surely accept. Thank you for applying.

Like I mentioned, I haven't actually completed building my town yet - One day 20 hours to go. But once I do, I'll do everything short of using diamonds to get my personal train and town visitors up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTEZ View Post
    It goes against the concept of hayday play but best of luck and hope it works for you

We are the concept of hayday. By "we" - I mean the millions of HD players as a huge collective of diverse and various game players. You, me, and the rest of everybody. That patchwork - held together by the architecture of Supercell's design - is the concept, not the dictates of any one player.

Also, folks reading this would be mistaken to construe any future members of this neighborhood as disliking helping per se. Within six weeks of beginning this game, I'd won the Co-op III achievement for filling 500 crates of other players' boat orders. I like filling others' crates, but that has nothing to do with the reason-for-being of this neighborhood. And there would be zero obligation for that sort of thing.

I just know that when I play Hay Day, I'm in a certain zone. To get constant requests for help from chat would feel intrusive and burdensome. Like getting telemarketing calls. If others experience that very differently from me and find it a pleasant experience, then I smile for them

Thank you for your good wishes.

I do have 2 questions though. Why forbid chat and trading? If a neighbor is in need of something for his town visitor that he does not have but can not ask his fellow members for, wont that go against your reputation points idea? And also if i understand correctly the whole point is to pick up the town visitors from the other members to help them out but why cant you not do both chat and help?

Fresh Spawn
    I think your neighborhood will be successful. Well done and good luck.