Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day the Town FAQ

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation Hay Day the Town FAQ

Hey!

Since the new Town Update is so HUGE (READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE: http://supr.cl/TownUpdate), we thought to create an FAQ for you to help you out. In addition, our Player Support guys did an aMOOzing job producing a Tutorial video which will guide you all the way!! I will also keep updating the FAQ as new frequently asked questions arrive! First, the video:

Town FAQ

Q: What is this Town feature?
    A: The Town is a new special area which will be available in the next update for Hay Day (to be released soon). When you have fixed up your Town, a train will start to arrive bringing you visitors that want to visit various Service Buildings. You then need to serve the visitors according to their requests. Keep an eye open for sneak peeks on what kind of Service Buildings and visitors the update will have.

Q: How do I access the new Town area?
    A: You need to reach level 34 to unlock & repair the Platform next to your Neighborhood house. The repaired Platform acts as your transportation to the Town similar to how the Fishing boat accesses the Fishing area.

Q: What’s the difference between the new Service Buildings and the old Production Buildings on my farm?
    A: The Service Buildings don’t produce anything, whereas your Production Buildings on your farm do. In Service Buildings you sell your products to visitors in exchange for coins, experience point, new reputation points and new upgrade & expansion materials. When a visitor visits a Service Building in your Town, you will see what he/she requests. It can be any sort of products from your farm. When visitors ask for more than one type of a product, you need to serve all the products in one go.

Q: How do I get visitors to visit my Town?
    A: As soon as you get to your own Town, you need to repair the Train Station and place your first service building. When you're done, the first visitors will arrive to your Town by the Eggspress train. From there on visitors will automatically arrive with the train. You can see the train schedule by tapping the Train station. To get more visitors with each train you can upgrade the Train Station.

Q: How do I serve the visitors?
    A: Tap on a visitor, and he/she will tell you which Service Buildings he/she wants to visit. When you select one, the visitor will walk to that Service Building. Then tap on the Service Building, and tap on the visitor to see what he/she wants. The visitor may request up to 3 different products, which are all needed to serve the visitor. You only need to drag & drop one of the products to the visitor as the other possible products will automatically follow.

Q: How does the Service Building upgrades work?
    A: The first upgrade for a Service Building is always a second visitor slot. Once you have unlocked it, you can choose to upgrade other options - more slots, increased coin rewards, increased XP and Reputation points and later also reduced service times. The amount of items needed for upgrading a building depends on the current level of the building.

Q: How do I increase my Town capacity?
    A: To host more visitors in your Town, you need to upgrade your Town Hall. For example, if your Town has room for 3 more visitors the train will only bring at most 3 visitors to you. To host more visitors, upgrade the Town Hall, and to bring more passengers with each train, you need to upgrade the Train Station.

Q: I noticed there are new Upgrade Materials?
    A: Complete all the building requests for a visitor to get a rare item with a high chance for one of the new upgrade materials.

Q: What are Reputation Points?
    A: You earn reputation points when serving visitors in your Town. Note - reputation points are only achieved in the Town area, not at your farm. Reputation points are required to upgrade your buildings in town, to buy new Service buildings and to unlock new features in the Town area.

Q: How does my personal train work?
    A: The personal train unlocks at reputation level 4. Visit your neighborhood friends' towns and use your personal train to pick up leaving visitors from their platforms. Visitors go to the platform when you complete all their requests or use the send away button. But you have to be quick: if the passenger train (the Eggspress Train) arrives before your neighborhood friend, it will pick all visitors from the platform and take the visitors home. Each visitor can visit at most two player towns before going home.

Q: What happens if I get kicked out from a Neighborhood while I am using my personal Train?
    A: If you are visiting a friend from your neighborhood and you get kicked out, you will not be able to pick up any possible visitors standing on the platform.

Q: What’s the maximum number of visitors I can have in my Town?
    A: The maximum number of visitors may change in future updates, and the max number of visitors is tied to your Town hall level.

Q: Is the Reputation Points related to the Neighborhood?
    A: For now they are not related to your neighborhood but we may change this in future updates, so keep on working towards good reputation points! Reputation points unlock features, service buildings, etc.

Q: Can I chat in the Town area?
    A: Yes you can freely use the neighbourhood chat in your Town area.

Q: How do I upgrade my personal train?
    A: Just tap on your personal train, and then select from two options - #1 upgrade it to be able to carry more visitors from your neighborhood or #2 to lower the cooldown time to use it again.

Q: Do I need to belong to a Neighborhood to unlock the Town?
    A: No you do not need to belong to a neighbourhood to unlock the Town, but you need to belong to one to take advantage of the personal train.

Q: If I can’t serve a visitor and send away the visitor out of the building, what happens?
    A: If you can’t or won’t serve a visitor by sending him/her away, you won’t be able to complete his/her “mission” i.e. by completing all the buildings that the visitor wants to visit you will get a special item (usually one of the new upgrade materials). When you send a visitor away, he/she will leave your town with the next train - this can either be the Eggspress train or your neighborhood friend, depending on which one comes first.

Q: Do I get anything special if my neighbour picks up a visitor from my Town?
    A: Yes, you get reputation points!

Q: Do I get anything special if I pick up a visitor from my neighbour?
    A: You get one (or more) extra visitor who will of course give you extra items if you complete all the requests.

Q: Can the visitors be run over by the train?
    A: No they can not be run over by the train. In Hay Day, nothing ever dies.

Q: Is there something in the ocean we can do, like fishing?
    A: For now it’s just there for the fun of it, but we have aMOOzing plans for it in future updates.

Q: Can I turn off the voice overs of the visitors?
    A: You can turn off all sounds, and/or the music from the settings but not specifically the voices.

Q: Are there any new achievements for the Town?
    A: Yes, and you can find them at your farm along with the other achievements.

Q: Are certain products tied with specific service buildings?
    A: Yes, but which ones belong where is for you to find out.

Q: There are new upgrade & expansion materials, how many?
    A: There are seven (7) new ones which are used only in your Town. They are: Brick, Hammer, Hand Drill, Paint Bucket, Stone Block, Tar Bucket and Map Piece. Note, that you also need the “old” / “classic” upgrade materials in the Town area. They are all stored in your Barn, and you can sell / buy them in your Roadside Shop / Newspaper.

Q: I noticed that there’s a new ore (metal) and coal which can be found in the mine. What are they for?
    A: The coal and iron ore are gained from the mine just like the familiar silver, gold and platinum ores. They are then refined in the Smelter to Iron Bars and Refined Coal. These will be used for a new Jewelry product: the Iron Bracelet, and they will all also appear in the Special Truck Orders. In the Train area the all the Smelter products (metal bars and the Refined Coal) are used to upgrade the Personal Train.

Q: Can I decorate my Town?
    A: Yes, you can decorate your Town with all of the existing and future decorations. It’s up to you to create and style your Town as you like!

Q: Can I place pets or any other animal pens in the town?
    A: For time being you can not place anything else than Service Buildings and decorations in your Town.

Q: Can I drive the train?
    A: Unfortunately no. You have your personal train, which you can use to pick up visitors from your neighborhood. You can also call for the Eggspress train, but you can’t “steer” any of the trains.

Q: Why can't I send away visitors? The send away is greyed out.
    A: The send away will unlock when you hit Reputation Level 3. This is done to ensure that the tutorial flow works as designed.

Q: Can I pick up visitors from my neighborhood even if they are higher level than I am?
    A: Yes, since the update (read: http://supr.cl/Maintenance060614) we fixed an issue with picking up visitors from higher level players. Now the visitors will no longer ask for products you can't yet produce. Note that this fix affects only new visitors.

Q: I can't send visitors away since the UI is outside the screen!
    A: This is a known issue which we will fix as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Have fun and keep asking!!

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

OMG i cant wait (keeps on checking google plaay) it sounds marvelous and i am so glad i am stocked up on rl groceries *grin*

Have fun all haydayers and great job sofar SC team!
    Daily Addict. Lvl 67, 101/108 acchievements and bouncing around in her new town!

Wow -- just .... WOW

Lev 127/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 131/132 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! Last permit land opened: 12 Jun 17; # permits since: 3; Derby-2, Mystery box-0, WoF-1; Tally updated: 21 Jun 2017

Ekkkkkkk....Excited ....
    Level 80
    GC Nink 369
    * THE SMILEY THREAD * Please read the guidelines on page one before posting *http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ward%29-Thread

Only problem is you need 39,000 coins and have to wait 3 days yes another 3 days for the train station to be fixed obviously a money spinner to make people buy diamonds

Every aspect of hay day is calculated to encourage spending of real money. Ever notice how everything can be had or made faster by using diamonds? I mean it is a business. So why be surprised you have to wait, or spend diamonds to speed the process of using the town?

Quote Originally Posted by shane2968 View Post
    Every aspect of hay day is calculated to encourage spending of real money. Ever notice how everything can be had or made faster by using diamonds? I mean it is a business. So why be surprised you have to wait, or spend diamonds to speed the process of using the town?
    Oh I see, you rather spend 24 hours watching a video where nothing happens untill the building appears...

Thanks Nick for spending diamonds on it, grinning, i had enough days with spoilers!
    Daily Addict. Lvl 67, 101/108 acchievements and bouncing around in her new town!

Trainee

Q: If I canít serve a visitor and send away the visitor out of the building, what hap

Once a visitor leaves my town on the next train, will he ever return to The Town again?

If you can complete one of the visitor's requests but not all of them immediately, can a visitor be put "on hold" while you make the necessary arrangements?
    Ann (GC: r1verrat939)
    Hay Day Level 108

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat939 View Post
    Once a visitor leaves my town on the next train, will he ever return to The Town again?

If you can complete one of the visitor's requests but not all of them immediately, can a visitor be put "on hold" while you make the necessary arrangements?
    Well, not THAT exact same visitor, but same character with different name, or with the same name. The visitors will walk around until you finish their tasks, or send them away.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

Hey Nick, can map pieces be found on the farm or just in the town?

Britt GC: ghchicka KIK: britterfly
    Level: 72--- Achievements: 101/108---Reputation: 5
    Always accepting friend requests!
    Farming since November 2013

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast