Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Strategy for maximizing stars [order of attack]

Centennial Club

Lightbulb Strategy for maximizing stars [order of attack]

So many wars have passed, have you firgured out the proper way to organize your attacks? I mean there are different prospect to go (taking example of 20 players): top 10 attacking beginning from the lowest opponent's player and make their way up, or each player is attacking his corresponding player, or you divide playes of your clan and those of opponents' into 3 groups - low, middle and top, thus defining the borders of attack. another dimension is the time of attacks. should top players wait to save the war or is it better to morally defeat opponent with extreme difference in stars?

it is known that each of tactics has its own benefits and shortcomings, please share your experience and thoughts on ultimate clan war strategy!
    Last edited by monoliz; May 18th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.

check the idea for purely new troop!!! what about some magic??

Attacking low is a losing strategy. I've seen it again and again. We're 6 wins, 0 loses.

In our clan the first attack is on the corresponding counterpart, we try to attack very soon so we can determine how we use our second attacks. The lower members, our TH9s, try to top the first attacks or if someone failed on the lower half, later the higher members, TH10s, try to get 2 stars on every TH10 base, also sometimes 3 star TH9...
    If it's lopsided to our favor we make loot attacks.
    Level 124 - Maxed TH10
    IGN: Pascal1301 Clan: ELRON Family
    Gold Grab: 1 Billion
    Full Legos ​26/250 Lavas
    BK: >27 | AQ: 25

Our clan strategy is opposite from u, we attack our oppenets best player from up to down, so our oppenet fear us n they will surrender CW. Thats why our clan can hav 17 wins

Town Hall 10 / Lvl 149 / Wall Level Electricity = 210 & Lava = rest of it
    GG 1,7 BILL Counting / HH 7M Counting / Hero BK/AQ = 40/40

my clan usually goes for their recommended attack first. top 2 players get first pick of their top 2 - unless there is an exposed TH - then someone lower will take a 1 star if their game. Bottom players usually get first pick or their bottom players. For everyone else - its first come, first serve.

Talking Uh whatevers!

I'm in a clan with my friends. Our bottom players always attack the third lowest player or lower. Mids clean up the sloppy seconds. Tops then clean up for the Mids. We don't call dibs, that's too serious! We just kind of wait around A lot.

But if anyone thinks they can three star a certain opponent they're free to try! Don't need to get approval from a Co or the Leader. It's faster And less work to do in terms of planning. But if they fail it's hilarious! It's like "♥♥♥ were you thinking?!" Lol... It generally works and we've only lost one war.

We also kind of understand that at our levels and size, our highest is TH8 & there's ten of us, we're not going to run into too many good clans or even clans with full participation! E.g. We won one where even though they were better players, they just didn't have enough active ppl at the time. Given the clans we get paired against the most scary army is usually giant/healer so we just prepare for that.

We always have someone MIA so we just ask they help scout. It cAn be funny and kind of difficult to build an army just for scouting lol, I mean some ppl really have deep well protected CCs!

So I guess our strategy is to stay small at ten members and don't go higher than TH8! Like how there are good farming ranges, this is a great Clan War range. You'll find much sucess with these parameters!

If you do want to flirt with being a higher TH just make sure your clan has at least two TH5s to guarantee an apathetic non-serious clan.
    Mortar Mauler: 6077 | Union Buster: 7082 | Nice & Tidy: 441 (currently saving pine trees) | Firefighter: 7 | Lowest Trophies: 0 | Clan: that's private! | THX(FYI it's a good sound company) | reached Silver Three ​March 2, 2014 ​| Before you post a loot complaint, stop & look within. Are you part of the problem?! Are you active and collecting your loot? If yes, you have the answer. Only when we fix ourselves we can fix others.

I think in theory the lowest guy in your clan should attack first, ideally attacking the worst guy in the other clan and then the second worst. By the end of the war, the very best guy in your clan should attack last.

Reality is never that organized though. We have a pretty good feel for who we can 2 or 3 star. We usually encourage our lower guys to attack earlier in the war and the top guys try to save at least one attack for the final few attacks. Human nature is that people want to show off an tend to attack as high as they can which inevitably leads to a few failures. Our general thumb is that we want all of the bottom half of the opposing clan fully 3 starred.

Our biggest rule is that everyone MUST ATTACK. Period. Doesn't matter if we are winning or losing. You must use a full army and attack (no sandbaggers and no townhall snipers).

Cool Full attack!

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooRage View Post
    I think in theory the lowest guy in your clan should attack first, ideally attacking the worst guy in the other clan and then the second worst. By the end of the war, the very best guy in your clan should attack last.

Reality is never that organized though. We have a pretty good feel for who we can 2 or 3 star. We usually encourage our lower guys to attack earlier in the war and the top guys try to save at least one attack for the final few attacks. Human nature is that people want to show off an tend to attack as high as they can which inevitably leads to a few failures. Our general thumb is that we want all of the bottom half of the opposing clan fully 3 starred.

Our biggest rule is that everyone MUST ATTACK. Period. Doesn't matter if we are winning or losing. You must use a full army and attack (no sandbaggers and no townhall snipers).
    "Full Attack" you just quoted Galadon from 'Lost Phoenix' there! Nice!

I actually got to disagree with you about attacking high. Most of the ppl I know want to attack lower. Higher bases are too difficult! And it's more work! I have a friend in 'WinterFell' who said they've had problems with ppl attacking lower, even the Leader & Cos!

It's in our nature to not take a challenge. I know as one of the "high" bases I go for the fourth and fifth bases as quickly as I can, otherwise someone else will!
    Mortar Mauler: 6077 | Union Buster: 7082 | Nice & Tidy: 441 (currently saving pine trees) | Firefighter: 7 | Lowest Trophies: 0 | Clan: that's private! | THX(FYI it's a good sound company) | reached Silver Three ​March 2, 2014 ​| Before you post a loot complaint, stop & look within. Are you part of the problem?! Are you active and collecting your loot? If yes, you have the answer. Only when we fix ourselves we can fix others.

Clashheads 18-0 .. Only strat we have is to remove baddies ASAP . All that other stuff your talking about is a waste if u roll into war with farmers.
    The12thClan.com

ClashHeads Dynasty Founder

Thumbs Up It was the "Baddies"!

Quote Originally Posted by Skellum View Post
    Clashheads 18-0 .. Only strat we have is to remove baddies ASAP . All that other stuff your talking about is a waste if u roll into war with farmers.
    Listen up OP! It was the "Baddies" the whole time! Just get them!...ASAP