Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Strategy for maximizing stars [order of attack]

I think it's better to attack from #1- down. That way #1 will attack #1-2 on the opposing team, and by the time #3 or 4 attack, they will be attacking 3-4 "ranks" or "levels" lower than they are. If that made any sense. That way at least #3 on down are guaranteed 3 stars. just my personal opinion and how we are trying to do our attacks, but just like someone said, it doesn't work out that way Everytime because it's hard to coordinate because not everyone is online at the same time.

Some of the above advice seems contrary to say the least. Experience shows attacking top down to make your oppo fear you will work against the trash, but come up against a seasoned war clan and you have just wasted your top attacks and are likely to fail to maximise your stars, against such sides it is hard to know where you will struggle on the map and you may need help clearing a particular TH level using dips at the end only to find you can't because you randomly chose to hit their top at the beggining ...

The best way IMHO:

If there are any trash to be taken out at the bottom of the enemy roster e.g. defence less eng or lower TH than your line up, get your weakest attackers to clear them.

Work up from the bottom of your roster attacking the bottom of the their roster.

Ideally the bottom TH level in your roster will 3 star all the enemy of the same TH level and anything that is defenceless or TH levels below yours, and use spare attacks to scout up for the next TH level.

Rinse and repeat the above step until you are at your top two TH levels.

This is where strategy gets trickier. Now there may be some advantage to attacking up a TH level, so you top TH level can 3 star the level down. There may not. Depends! Examine the remaining attacks, ensure all lower bases are 3 starred, work out how to best use your top attacks to maximise stars. This might sound like no advice at all but it is impossible to give generic advice given the comples myriad of matches war mm is capable of throwing at you . If you can get it down to the top TH level using their attacks at the end the with everything else 3 starred the permuations have been much reduced and it will usually be quite a lot easier than at the beginning of war to know who needs to do what.

Any other strategy is likely to leave you open to dropping stars all over the map and ending up several stars short of where you could be.

Try to allow your best attackers to pick a sensible enemy.

Things not to do IMHO:

Don't take people to war you are not confident will turn up for the team.
    Don't take people to war that will not help the team in whatever way the war plan requires however tough or rubbish the task.
    Don't take people to war that don't have a good shot at a 3 star on their own TH at a reasonable rate for that TH level.
    Don't allow a free for all where people hit whatever they want.
    Don't have fixed war plans like hit two below your number in war. One size does not fit all.
    Don't tell people to hit there recommended target. I don't know who coded that or what they thought they were doing, it is junk and will almost certainly guarantee you don't get maximum stars.
    Don't force somebody to attack an opponent they are not comfortable with.
    Don't use your top best attacks early in war.
    Don't attack top down.
    Don't leave it so late before attacking that you are rushed and can't make best use of those top attacks you have saved to the end to get the most stars!
    Don't give up at any time.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvadary View Post
    Our clan strategy is opposite from u, we attack our oppenets best player from up to down, so our oppenet fear us n they will surrender CW. Thats why our clan can hav 17 wins
    This is risky, what happens if you mess up on those top hits? Now there is blood in the water!

I think they best way to go about attacking is from the bottom up. It pretty much ensures no wasted attacks and nobody's toes get stepped on. That is the way it usually goes in our clan.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

You guys do know this is a necroed thread from 4 years ago, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    You guys do know this is a necroed thread from 4 years ago, right?
    ?!**!? I got sucked in, argh! Ty BoBo, quite right, noob necromancer in action and I fell for it ... 😞

Mods: kill this old junk! Sorry I added to the problem ...
    Last edited by nobeone; March 12th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.

It's okay. New information was added and the only consequences are for the person that necro'd it. I am not in the habit of looking at dates lol. I expect a mod to be along shortly and close the thread.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Pointless necro as almost everything to do with wars has changed since the previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)