-Hypnotica
    -Breaker's Bane
    -Three Doors
    -Hade's Dining Table
    -Dark Desires
    -Comparison
    -Closing

Introduction

As many of you would have realised it by now, I have several threads in the forums of the list of my base designs. For a much more organised approach, I have started my own compilation thread which will show case all the base designs that I have created.

Each base design would be accompanied by a CoC base planner (where possible) to make it easier for players who wish to copy my base. A brief summary of the base will also be included. We can't have all pics but no text right? For detailed purposes, kindly use the hyperlinks provided for each of the given base because it would be rather messy if i copied and pasted everything here.

I started making labyrinths after I read Toby's Labyrinth Design/Breed Bases. I got inspired by the idea of creating a maze-like base where enemies would struggle to destroy the base and it also steps up the game to another level.

Labyrinth bases are the unconventional bases- the type that make you squint when you are designing them, the ones that make your head spin in checking every detail of every wall and trap because just one wall can make a huge impact on the overall performance of your base- it can mean opening another "door", creating a semi funnel/choke point etc or hinting the placement of a trap.

They are not your regular compact bases like Pokeball, Teslas Theme Park, Tempest etc where a solid archetype of base that provides concrete protection for resources/town hall. Labyrinths OPEN up your bases, making them LOOK vulnerable when in fact every turn and path the enemies take leads to death.

They are also not 100% fool-proof. In some instances, clever attackers might outwit your base and do the unthinkable, allowing them to gain <50% of your base and loot. In other cases, attackers fail miserabley, barely gaining <10% of your base and loot. My designs strive to keep to a balance where some types of attacks eg brute force/stealth will fail badly; to the point where the enemy will throw his game device out of the window, while other attacks might work.

My designs are unique. No two of my bases are identical (unless you're considering the overhauls of my predecessor designs). They are fashioned in a way to bring out the unpredictability aspect of the game and to make it more fun and less stagnant. Players who copy my bases can experience the REAL FUN behind the game, instead of mindlessly farming for the next upgrade and getting bored out quickly. It makes the player frustated and motivated to keep improving and in some cases, lead them to create THEIR own versions of Labyrinths.

I have a total of 6 bases to choose from, with a 7th coming along as my last design before i upgrade to TH9 where another level of labyrinths will reveal itself. I hope you find my bases useful to suit your individual needs.

Base Designs

1. Paranoia

This is my very first labyrinth that I designed. Massive funneling with an odd orientation, making it very difficult for attacks to even start their attacks.

Base Design:

2. Atychiphobia

My second design based on what I have gathered from Paranoia. Original design features a double diamond core while maintaining symmetry and more toned down funneling. New Design turns the base around from a slim to a fatter version, making it harder for enemies to attack.

New Version [Trophy/Clan Wars]:

New Version [Farm Mode]:

New Version [CoC Builder]:

Original
    Version:

3. Hypnotica

After a short break from Atychiphobia, decided to go for a more Trophy oriented base. Original version has a very strong secondary layer which is anti-giant while using elixir/gold storages as damage soakers to slow down enemy advance towards the town hall. Original version is hybrid capable (though not advised since it only protects ONE primary resource).

Original version [Trophy/Clan Wars]:

Original version [Farm Mode]:

4. Breaker's Bane

After finishing with Hypnotica, decided to create a more solid type of bases is not leaned towards labyrinth. Basically this was a more "fun" based designed where no heavy testing was done and it was created in an attempt for solid-archetype bases.

Base design:

5. Three Doors

One of the latest designs that features an internal labyrinth. No telling where attackers might end up depending on the pathing. Exterior teslas to draw giant's attention and get pathed into springs while maintaining high protection of gold/dark elixir. Each resource is placed in separate sections to make it difficult for enemies to loot. A fun version is also created which is the vault version. Untested yet seemingly fun to take on as well. But be warned- vault version means once the enemy hits the core, you lost EVERYTHING. This base is made SOLELY for farming.

Non-Vault version:

Non-vault version [CoC planner]:

Vault version:

6. Hades's Dining Table

The latest most hardcore Labyrinth that i have ever created. It surpasses my expectations of creations because I have NEVER expected to create such a base. The naming of the base was affected after I designed several TH9 protoypes for a friend. Decided to give it a very good name. Totally individual sections devoted to each type of attacks with massive funneling and full of twists and turns each capable of turning the tide of any battle. A trophy version was made out of request along with a TH7 version (not featured here to maintain the uniformity of TH8 designs). Advised to use the hybrid/th7 version at your own discretion.

Farming Version:

Farming Version [CoC Builder]:

Trophy/Clan Wars Version:

7. Dark Desires

The seventh and final base which marks the end of my TH8 journey and the beginning of a fresh TH9. This is a specially designed base meant to hold through the transition duration from TH8 to TH9 where many players would struggle to secure that 40k DE for Her Majesty the Archer Queen. As such this base will ONLY be found here to preserve its speciality.

The core that houses the Dark Elixir is fiercely guarded with triple wizard towers and triple teslas finished with a giant bomb. Note that the giant bomb is placed in the direction where the brunt of attacks would come.

Elixir storages as secondary resource after the prime DE to allow fast lab upgrades the moment the player hits TH9. For me, army composition and AQ precedes all others. U may switch gold with elixir based on your personal preferences.

List of replays shows that the base can hold up against most strong TH8 attacks except fierce TH9s where enemy AQ can reach the DE with her royal range.

I hope my final TH8 base serves u well..

Comparsion

I have received many requests to do a comparison with each base. Honestly, I never did like to compare my bases because each design is made with its own purpose, some are made for farming, some are made for gaining cups while others are made to wreck havoc in the enemy's mind. You have to be the judge to decide which of the bases you want to use to make it work for you. From there you can tweak it to suit the attack styles that you faced or even create a whole new base from it. Who knows?

Closing

My time as a TH8 is drawing to its end. Using this short time that I have left before I ascend to TH9, I have challenged myself to create one final base. Hopefully, it turns out well.

PS:

Sphinx, I'll be waiting for you at TH9. Don't give up and persevere! You too are a great labyrinth designer!

R3taliate, I'm coming your way!

I'm open to any Q&A from here on.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Avernicus; June 30th, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Love the designs of all these bases! Thanks for making it easier on us to find them all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirUppercut View Post
    Love the designs of all these bases! Thanks for making it easier on us to find them all.
    No prob.

Ups for publicity! LOL xD

I really like the concept of labyrinth styled bases, but I've been hesitant to use one. If I were to switch to one, which labyrinth base would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Embytian View Post
    I really like the concept of labyrinth styled bases, but I've been hesitant to use one. If I were to switch to one, which labyrinth base would you recommend?
    Never be afraid to explore. Three Doors would be a good start if u want gold/DE protection and for farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Avernicus View Post
    Never be afraid to explore. Three Doors would be a good start if u want gold/DE protection and for farming.
    I see. So do you recommend the vault version or normal one

Your bases are innovative! I like your style. I too am about to go to town hall 9 so i haven't been able to test out your work. I can't wait for you to make town hall 9 designs for us to use and hopefully improve with our feedback. Good luck on your upcoming base designs!
    IGN: J-Rex64 | TF: Trap House | Level: 36 | HQ: 15 | VP: ~250

Statues:
    TD MP: 26% TH Gn: 14% TH Gn: 11%
    PSC MP: 72% GBE Gn: 14% GBE Gn: 13% GBE Gn: 11%

Somewhere in the intergalactical universe. ;)
    I love em all!
    Thanks for the kind PS.
    I WILL see you at TH9.
    Sphinx

Quote Originally Posted by Embytian View Post
    I see. So do you recommend the vault version or normal one
    Definitely the normal one. The vault one is just for fun. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JRex64 View Post
    Your
    bases are innovative! I like your style. I too am about to go to town hall 9 so i haven't been able to test out your work. I can't wait for you to make town hall 9 designs for us to use and hopefully improve with our feedback. Good luck on your upcoming base designs!

Hahaha thanks! Yeah i want to create the unconventional unpredictable kind of bases. Th9 would be challenging since i have to tk into consideration 1 more hero, 2 xbows, 1 more air def, 1 more wiz tower and not forgetting 25 more walls!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    I love em all!
    Thanks for the kind PS.
    I WILL see you at TH9.
    Sphinx
    Hahaha good lad! I'm finishing up my remaining walls and i can hit the upgrade button. xD wanna transition with full lv 8 walls. Looking forward to the lava ones.