View Poll Results: Is this base any good? Please post why.

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Very Good

10 9.62%
  • Better Than Most

25 24.04%
  • No, It Sucks

69 66.35%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TH9 "Temptation" an epic clanwars base.

Pro Member

TH9 "Temptation" an epic clanwars base.

This is not an epic clanwars base, but a kick ♥♥♥ trophy base!

This base is no longer considered a clanwars base now that we have a 2nd actual war base, but i would speculate it would still hold up fairly well due to its odd design. It is a however a very good trophy base.

This is what I came up with and it's key benifits.

• ClanCastle is difficult to lure out.
    • Intices attackers, base looks weak and people want to attack it . . . but seem to fail . . . often.

Only few small issues with this base are.

• loose a ton of elixer, but near maxed townhall 9's dont need it.
    • it gets attack constantly, so be prepared reset traps. I have made some pretty good bases, but I really think this is my best one by far.

I would appreciate some feedback on where you might seem a flaw somewhere.

Some Interesting comments about the base.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiSolis View Post
      Kudos to the designer. Obviously with a base setup like this he took plenty of time to analyze enemy troops AI and watch replays of attacks to get in the mindset of the attacker to see which sides an attacker might come from and how they would attack it and create a base that could take advantage of this.

It's refreshing to see something so crazy that it might work and when I look at bases I don't look at the spiel or at posts about how the base could be hogged so easily or 3 starred like nothing, I look at the logs since they speak for themselves.
      Quote Originally Posted by KimJongLi View Post
      I don't know about everyone else, but if i saw this base in a CW or raid, i would be dumbfounded and would not be raiding my best due to its unorthodox design. Looks kind of cool, but weak to hogs from the sides?
      Quote Originally Posted by MakoClash View Post
      That's the point. It's a farming base, not a trophy base. The only difference is that the design makes the barch noob who is going to "drop some barbs/archers and maybe a hero" think "hmmm, maybe I can get to the resources too..." and then gets crushed.

Hence the name, Temptation.
    Last edited by Natesmiles; August 11th, 2014 at 09:25 PM.

Banned
    a few hogs, a rage spell, a few dragons... 100%

Centennial Club
    Replay would be appreciated.

Forum Veteran
    Your defenses are all in clumps, so I'm not really sure how you expect a hog user to have any trouble with this (core easily accessed from one side), or a number of other armies in fact (especially with your wizard towers all lined up like that).

So for Clan Wars, a super-easy 3-star using Hogs - your core is so packed, there's not even room for a single trap.

For farming, super-easy access to all your gold using balloons or dragons or giant-healer, by just going through your wizard towers, assuming I'm willing to use a couple of spells for an air attack (most are, if there's enough payback).

That's how I see it from a quick look anyway... good luck!

Pro Member

I am not clueless, I like to build bases that entice people to try and fail. I figured I would post a type of base many people would at 1st glance would think as weak.

My unbreackable is rather high for someone who is completely clueless.
    Last edited by Natesmiles; May 6th, 2014 at 06:04 AM.

I find the base pleasing to the eye, however I see a concern with the defenses all clumped... This design would impede someone who is going after your gold storage's... but not if they wanted to destroy you totally.

In a WAR scenario you want to make sure they cannot star you at ALL if possible. So the TH should be better defended, the defensive towers, cannons and all that should be spread out, and separated by walls to force the attackers to hit walls for a while....

Look at how a group of giants would move through you base... You dont want an easy one, two, three, target area. you want a snail trail all over, forcing the giants to be hit by other defenses while they attack. Separate those towers into segments the way you have the gold storage.

Think of how Dragons move, and the kind of damage they deal. Alternate ground defenses with air defenses the best you can so that the dragons get distracted by cannon targets while being hit by your towers.

Spells are localized, so if all your defenses are in one lump, a lightning spell will hurt them all, a rage spell will let the troops hit you faster, and a heal spell will prevent any damage to them while you get pummeled.

I know nothing about hogs as yet. But I would definitely rearrange the defenses.
    clan: Wiggy wildlings
    Psycho oixie, Founder.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hastur View Post
    Your defenses are all in clumps, so I'm not really sure how you expect a hog user to have any trouble with this (core easily accessed from one side), or a number of other armies in fact (especially with your wizard towers all lined up like that).

So for Clan Wars, a super-easy 3-star using Hogs - your core is so packed, there's not even room for a single trap.

For farming, super-easy access to all your gold using balloons or dragons or giant-healer, by just going through your wizard towers, assuming I'm willing to use a couple of spells for an air attack (most are, if there's enough payback).

That's how I see it from a quick look anyway... good luck!

The wizard towers are not a good approach. I spent a lot of time how people deply certain troop compositions and watching the troops AI.

That particular area is loaded heavy with air bombs and spring traps. So a pack of hogs/giants waste the heal spells and get tossed out of the battle. Healers/dragons/ballons have trouble as well due to the bombs and my centralized air defense. Xbow is set to air making quick work of minions.

Most people hit the base head trying to get the townhall and get zapped to death by teslas and blow up by large bombs.
    Natesmiles a valued member NIGHTBREED !!!
    SuckerPunch
    an epic war base.
    Temptation a trophy base that will intice people to hit you and fail.
    The Offering V9.2 a farming base for maxed out towhall 9's who dont need to protect elixir.

Centennial Club
    Very unconventional design
    I am interested to know how it fare in clan war.
    Any attacks by gowipe?
    IGN: [Thursday]; Clan: [Singapore 7132]; Lvl: [110]

Pro Member
    Not yet, it's mostly giant healer or hogs.
    Natesmiles a valued member NIGHTBREED !!!
    SuckerPunch
    an epic war base.
    Temptation a trophy base that will intice people to hit you and fail.
    The Offering V9.2 a farming base for maxed out towhall 9's who dont need to protect elixir.

Centennial Club
    I think it is a refreshing addition to base design.
    please post when you get an attack by gowipe
    IGN: [Thursday]; Clan: [Singapore 7132]; Lvl: [110]