Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on the farm May Birthday Bash

Down on the farm May Birthday Bash

May is a good month for birthdays. Two neighbours in the cubby are celebrating birthdays in May so as far as I am concerned that is as good a reason as any to have a party.

Grumbul and myself are the birthday girls and we are going to have a Progressive Party, starting at my place for drinks and nibbles then moving on to Grum's for supper and dancing.

As with all our parties this will be a weekend affair, the 24th and 25th of May.

We are going to have a theme for this shindig and you have a choice .... 1959 or 1964

More ideas to follow.....

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Quote Originally Posted by Judesnz54 View Post
    May is a good month for birthdays. Two neighbours in the cubby are celebrating birthdays in May so as far as I am concerned that is as good a reason as any to have a party.

Grumbul and myself are the birthday girls and we are going to have a Progressive Party, starting at my place for drinks and nibbles then moving on to Grum's for supper and dancing.

As with all our parties this will be a weekend affair, the 24th and 25th of May.

We are going to have a theme for this shindig and you have a choice .... 1959 or 1964

More ideas to follow.....
    Oh my, what a choice, 50's fashion or 60's fashion? This requires some serious thought!
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Smile

Oh how nice! So its kinda rockabilly party? Cool

NH: Down on the farm
    lvl 50 and slowly rising...

Woo Hoo!! Another party!!

Must we pick a theme? Could we each do the themed year we prefer, so that some may do the '50s and some the '60s? Just a thought....

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Absolutely KG. I will obviously go for 1950s, but you can chose a look from late fifties to early sixtys. When i get my act together I will expand some more on all of this, little tied up at present ..... Farm redecorating.... Biggggg scale.

Town name - Spring Haven

Absolutely KG. I will obviously go for 1950s, but you can chose a look from late fifties to early sixtys. When i get my act together I will expand some more on all of this, little tied up at present ..... Farm redecorating.... Biggggg scale.
    I noticed!! o.O

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

So, being a child of the 50's myself, I naturally have chosen 1959, or thereabouts, give or take a few years. Well, I'd rather you take them, actually. I have far too many, as it is. Anyway, I have been out shopping, so will get the ball rolling.

And speaking of rolling, as this is a Progressive Party, we will, of course, require transport not only to get to Jude's, but to get from Jude's to Grum's and back home again. My carriage for this festive evening will be this silver 1958 BMW 507 Series II.

Of course, as I intend to toast the health of my two hostesses, I will not be drinking and driving - meet Charles, my chauffeur.

I adore the elegance of 50's fashions, and my dress has the fully flounced skirt typical of the fashion of this era. a form fitting bodice and double straps. It is made of silk and features white tea roses on a pale grey background. Of course gloves are de rigour.

My hair, again, is an iconic 50's style - Victory Rolls and flowing shoulder length tresses and to reflect the pattern of the dress material, is adorned with a large silver tea rose.

It is only fitting that such an elegant gown is accessorised with vintage diamond jewellery in the form of a Harry Winston necklace, Cartier bracelet and simply stunning drop earrings.

My shoes are crystal encrusted mules with lucite heels.

The final touch is a lucite, crystal-encrusted clutch purse to match the shoes.

As I love shopping, and know that Grumbul, being busy with her party preparation, does not have the time to spend hours sipping champagne and watching models stomp down a catwalk, I have taken it upon my self to undertake this task for her and have procured a number of outfits to give her inspiration for her chosen 60's look. Do any of these suit, Grum?

Something a little daring?

Something pretty and floaty?

Something a little flirty?

If not, I will be only too happy to continue my quest for the perfect outfit for you.

Sooo, looking forward to this evening, Jude and Grum. Can't wait to wish you both a very
    Last edited by GladeMaid; May 4th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

For the Birthday Bash I have chosen this lovely red velvet off the shoulder party dress straight out of the 1950's.
    [/URL]

Ever the recycler I am reusing these lovely red shoes I bought for
    [/URL]

i have gone for two strings of South Sea pearls with Swarovski crystals which are also picked up in the earrings.
    [/URL
    A red clutch and faux fur bolero finish off my outfit.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]

I have opted for a short Liz Taylor inspired hair do.
    [/URL]

And to get me to Grum's place for our progressive party I will be speeding around our country lanes in this 1959 MG sports car.

Last edited by Judesnz54; May 6th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.

Town name - Spring Haven

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    So, being a child of the 50's myself, I naturally have chosen 1959, or thereabouts, give or take a few years. Well, I'd rather you take them, actually. I have far too many, as it is. Anyway, I have been out shopping, so will get the ball rolling.

And speaking of rolling, as this is a Progressive Party, we will, of course, require transport not only to get to Jude's, but to get from Jude's to Grum's and back home again. My carriage for this festive evening will be this silver 1958 BMW 507 Series II.

Of course, as I intend to toast the health of my two hostesses, I will not be drinking and driving - meet Charles, my chauffeur.

I adore the elegance of 50's fashions, and my dress has the fully flounced skirt typical of the fashion of this era. It is made of silk and features white tea roses on a pale grey background.

My hair, again, is an iconic 50's style - Victory Rolls and flowing shoulder length tresses and to reflect the pattern of the dress material, is adorned with a large silver tea rose.

It is only fitting that such an elegant gown is accessorised with a vintage diamond jewellery in the form of a Harry Winston necklace Cartier bracelet and simply stunning drop earrings.

My shoes are crystal encrusted mules with lucite heels.

The final touch is the crystal encrusted clutch purse.

As I love shopping, and know that Grumbul, being busy with her party preparation, does not have the time to spend hours sipping champagne and watching models stomp down a catwalk, I have taken it upon my self to undertake this task for her and have procured a number of outfits to give her inspiration for her chosen 60's look. Do any of these suit, Grum?

Something a little daring?

Something pretty and floaty?

Something a little flirty?

If not, I will be only too happy to continue my quest for the perfect outfit for you.

Sooo, looking forward to this evening, Jude and Grum. Can't wait to wish you both a very

I adore your look Glade. The dress is to die for as are all the accessories. Maybe we can do a little drag racing in our sports cars. Tom can wave the starters flag. I am going to have to look for a driver for the night I would say, can't be outdone by your gorgeous young man.

Elegant, elegant, elegant Glade.

Town name - Spring Haven

Not to be left put in the gorgeous driver stakes I am employing Branson for the night. I hope Franz doesn't mind.

Last edited by Judesnz54; May 4th, 2014 at 07:39 AM.

Town name - Spring Haven