Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Down on the farm May Birthday Bash

Quote Originally Posted by knitgal2 View Post
    I wasn't able to make it to Jude's portion of the weekend-long party (sorry, Jude!), but the Major and I had a wonderful time at Grum's place! I'm telling you ladies, the Lindy Hop is THE way to go to keep in shape!
    I swear, KG, if I hadn't already been breathless when I arrived, your and the Major's energetic choreography would have certainly left me so!

When he began to flip and toss you about like a dishrag, you two were moving so fast you practically became blurs! Even with Grum's party being bubbly free, after seeing your exhibition, my head was reeling as if I had quaffed an entire magnum!

I sure hope when the Major retires, he has his golden year finances in order because as limber as both of you were, if a traveling circus came to town looking for acrobats, he might try to talk you into running away to be in show business with him!

BTW, does the laws of gravity not effect poodle skirts or shall we chalk it up to centrifugal force? 😱 💋

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Thank you all for making my first party such a success. I was so nervous, especially since I didn't have the time or technical know-how to post all the details here. But you all made it so easy and fun! And thank you for the gifts - so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Grum's tactic of posting Fred at the back gate to keep her talking most of the evening seems to have paid off, as she obviously left in a good mood. just what went on in the truck cab that made her so warm and fuzzy, all of a sudden, one has to ask?
    Just want to be clear: Fred kept MP occupied at the front door of the house, arguing about invitations, press passes, The List, etc. At least, that was the plan! Come to think of it, there was a truck parked there all through the party! My soldier, Marty Nett, was guarding the so-called back gate, which is actually along the road to the east of the farm entrance. Luckily, MP approached from the west, and never suspected! She thought she had to enter through the house, and was caught trying to peek - nay, sneak! - through the trees protecting the party goers' privacy on more than one occasion.

I had intended to play more rounds of find the topiary, but everyone was so chatty the time just flew away from us! But it was so nice to have everyone together at the same time. 9-11pm Saturday GMT worked for everyone to at least stop by for a few minutes.

Btw, the party began bubbly free for RL personal reasons, but an anonymous donation of several kegs of beer and barrels of champagne arrived partway through to satisfy those whose tastes run that way.

I want to add some pictures, but I don't know how to do big pictures like others have posted. And now I can't even do thumbnails, something to do with attachments...any help?
    Last edited by Grumbul; May 25th, 2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Grumbul lvl 124

If my part of the party was the first course, Grum's was the main course and dessert. If I was the warm up and she was the main act. But put together we did have a rocking weekend.

i would like to thank my gracious guests for their pressies and their lively company. A party is only as good as the people who attend and all the 'flash' in the world will not make a successful event. But we are lucky in our cubby and the attendance of these wonderful women are a surefire way to guarantee the party goes off with a bang.

I am still in recover mode from a weekend of partying and I am relaxing in the recently vacated hammock (thanks Jem it is still warm). More news and photos of the parties is on its way. Have some hair of the dog and come back later.....

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Grum u need to start by downloading photobucket its free and easy thats how we get the big pics!

thou i didnt win anything i truly enjoyed both hostesses games and what a nice time with all in at once! But i bust ask grum did u bake cakes for a month before? It was so many it blew my mind away! I think i must have put on a couple of kilos just from them! 😱😛😋
    but in all thanks for nice party both *standing ovation 👏👏👏👏😘*

NH: Down on the farm
    lvl 50 and slowly rising...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    I swear, KG, if I hadn't already been breathless when I arrived, your and the Major's energetic choreography would have certainly left me so!

When he began to flip and toss you about like a dishrag, you two were moving so fast you practically became blurs! Even with Grum's party being bubbly free, after seeing your exhibition, my head was reeling as if I had quaffed an entire magnum!

I sure hope when the Major retires, he has his golden year finances in order because as limber as both of you were, if a traveling circus came to town looking for acrobats, he might try to talk you into running away to be in show business with him!

BTW, does the laws of gravity not effect poodle skirts or shall we chalk it up to centrifugal force? �� ��
    We definitely had an awesome time dancing! We practiced quite a bit so that when the Major did flip me, I wouldn't land anywhere but on my feet!

The centrifugal force did help me stay properly covered, but if that didn't work, to be prepared, I had special "dance undies" on that are OK to be seen as they actually cover the true undies...little tricks of the trade.

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

ROFL!!! So that's the answer! I know you're a modest lady, so glad to know you were prepared and had everything... umm... covered!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

It is good to know that there are somethings you can rely on in life. And the weather at Storybrooke Village is one of them. Guaranteeing a fine, sunny day allows all manner of outdoor planning, so with this in mind, the Fred's and Hilda's decorated the village common to celebrate my birthday.

Knowing my love of colour they went to town and the beautiful, vibrant result was a perfect backdrop for the gloriously dressed guests.

The theme was the 1950s and 60s, specifically 1959 and 1964 and the music came from these years. Francy Valley and the One Season provided the music with the help of Te Awe and her Snorkelling Chickens as back up singers. In May 1964 The Beatles were at number one with 'Love Me Do' and so Francy and the boys started with this toe tapping number.
    [/URL]

When the boys went on to The Drifters 'Under the Boardwalk' couples moved on to the dance floor for some slow dancing.
    [/URL]

Events from 1964 provided the questions to a quiz. Such as 'Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964?' and 'Who did Elizabeth Taylor marry in 1964?' Golden laurels were given for each correct answer.

Conversation was lively and food and drink was plentiful. Guests had a choice of places to sit and relax while listening to the pleasant sounds from the 50s and 60s.

To conclude the afternoon a conga line was formed and guests danced around the village.
    [/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

This of course was just a prelude to Grum's party which continued the proceedings well into Saturday night.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven