My personal GoWiPe combination is:
    2 golems
    2 pekka
    15 Wizards
    10 wall breakers
    10 archers
    2 heal spell and 1 rage spell
    Town Hall Level: 9, Level: 110, IGN: drmom69
    Clan: Eternal Dragon (Proud Co-Leader & Co-Founder). Current clan: LB Patriots
    Highest League: ​Crystal 1 (2496 trophies)
    GG: 223mil, EE: 215mil, HH: 536k
    BK LVL: 10, AQ LVL: 10

I use a different strategy when using GoWiPe

When i use GoWiPe, i use 2 golems(lvl 1), 2 pekkas(3rd pekka in clan castle), 14 wizards(lvl 5), about 12 wallbreakers, and 10 archers for getting a few more percentage points. Use 2 heal spells, because splash damage might almost kill the wizards. Use 1 rage spell when the troops are near the town hall. I find this strategy very effective, and i 3 starred a town hall 9 in the last war i was in. Don't worry about luring out the enemy cc troops. Just drop one golem on one side, and the second on the other side. Wait for the mortar to shoot a shell. Right when it hits , drop off the wall breakers so they dont get killed by the splash damage. The golems need immediate back up, so drop off the wizards, but leave one behind for percentage points. Once the wizards clear out the buildings on the outside. Once theyre gone, drop off the pekkas and they should go straight towards the middle. The clan castle will come out, and target the golem. The wizards will destroy the troops easily, even if its a dragon. Continue with the attack, and it should go smoothly. I hope this helps with your attacks.

How are you guys not running out of time? most of the TH8 bases I've been facing are spread out really far, and no matter what combination I try, i run out of time. I've tried with 2 golems and 2 pekkas, 1 golem 3 pekkas.. even when i use 10 lvl 3 dragons, I run out of time before I can destroy everything (even when I have 3 rage spells).
    Are the lvl 8 bases that are all spread out just not possible to get three stars?

My pekkas are still only lvl 1, but, my wizards are 5, wall breakers are 4, golems lvl 1

I've even tried the approach of all hog riders like I've seen mentioned as an easy 3 star - i still run out of time.

I'm not delaying dropping troops or anything.. its like not even close - i would need another minute to get everything still.

Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by VollsRain View Post
    just my opinion but GoWiPe at th8 is a waste of time and elixir....there are better faster ways to hunt for those trophies plus it is a very rigid technique i.e. not really versatile enough...and in 98% of the cases the pekka will just run around the base it takes skill to pull off attacking with a pekka efficiently...

the rest of the strategy is simple enough
    What army composition would you suggest for loot farming at TH8?
    Boom Beach X-Ray Cat hq 13 - lv 30 - vp 208
    CoC X-Ray Cat th 7 - lv 46 - trophies 1106
    Hay Day X-Ray Cat lv 16

Come say hi!

My composition for th9 gowipe is similar

Quote Originally Posted by Niki2321 View Post
    My composition is a little bit different and works fine so far.Everytime 2 stars on a th9 but once.
    Spell are the same
    -2 golems
    -2 pekkas
    -6 wall breakers
    -14 wizards plus CC full of wizards(6 more) for a total of 20 wizards
    the rest is a mix of barbarians, archers or goblins depending on the location of the enemy`s CC.
    I use 2 golem(lvl 3), 3 pekka (lvl 3), 15 wizards (lvl 5), 4 giants (lvl 6), 1 goblin (for fun lol) and only 2 wallbreakers (lvl 5). Why only 2 wbs you might ask, well that's because I use earthquake to knock down a whole section of walls where it opens a hole to the center after the buildings and defenses are done with and no need for them so much. By the way I use 2 heal, 4 eq and a poison on the spells

The best gowipe strategy for th 8....2* sure in th 9 base with 35 trophy reward

In my opinion
    use
    2 golem..3 pekka...4 wallbreakers...5 archer 1 hog... And rest of all wiz
    take 3 eq spell
    1 heal..1 rage
    in cc take one min lvl 4 pekka and a eq spell of any level...
    The attack:
    At first choose a cornered th 9 base...use the four eq spell and it will clear the inner walls near the th...then deploy golems to destract defense....then use wiz to clear front buildings and defenses...in any time after deploying golem..deploy wb carefully...then deploy to pekka and some wiz to go through the core...then use rage spell...at last clear corner and side defenses with rest of wiz and hero to do the final damage...voila...use it rightly and you'll can get titan in th 8...(all troops will need max)

Quote Originally Posted by Krocks007 View Post
    In my opinion
    use
    2 golem..3 pekka...4 wallbreakers...5 archer 1 hog... And rest of all wiz
    take 3 eq spell
    1 heal..1 rage
    in cc take one min lvl 4 pekka and a eq spell of any level...
    The attack:
    At first choose a cornered th 9 base...use the four eq spell and it will clear the inner walls near the th...then deploy golems to destract defense....then use wiz to clear front buildings and defenses...in any time after deploying golem..deploy wb carefully...then deploy to pekka and some wiz to go through the core...then use rage spell...at last clear corner and side defenses with rest of wiz and hero to do the final damage...voila...use it rightly and you'll can get titan in th 8...(all troops will need max)
    Might be mistaken but i don't think quakes were out in 2014 when this thread was made

Yes it's right...but my strategy is for current time