Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HayDay Mysteries Chapter #11 ' No, we were all very brave....'

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    My apologies to any and all bug loving entomologists out there, and to Jude and Shea as well, but when it comes to insects, I am a founding member of G.A.B. - Girls Against Bugs. Our official motto is "Stomp on your fears!"

I confess I'm not that much of a dancer, but if it comes to a show down between me and any wriggling, flying, jumping, web weaving, creeping, crawling creature with more legs and less hair than I, then I guarantee it will meet its end by the most gymnastically creative flamenco you can ever hope to imagine! ������������

...and at my age and the shape I'm in, that's saying a lot!
    not that I am a bug loving anything. I am waging a war at this time of year with the crickets in the back yard. I am sure they sit on my pillow at night and chripp as loud as possible. But i employ a catch and release system when they come inside. I may not be as obsessive about not killing bugs as the 'Janinists' in India (they sweep the ground before they walk on it in case they stand on something) but I can't bring myself to squash them. So the house is littered with bug catching equipment.

Either way jem, I would pay good money to see you do the flamenco, perhaps for the May birthday bash. You can be the floorshow....

i will remember to not put you on the same table as Arapeta, Jimny Cricket, BUGS Bunny. Or any other multi-legged creature.
    Last edited by Judesnz54; April 24th, 2014 at 10:34 AM.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Um, cave wetas are a protected species, Jem, so I wouldn't recommend stomping on Arapeta and his friends, should they emerge from the mine. They are quite extraordinary critters really, as they can be covered in a layer of thick ice all Winter, but when the Spring comes and the ice melts, they emerge totally unscathed from being completely frozen for months. That said, I am happy to deal with any bugs you encounter Down on the Farm. I will protect you m'Lady!

I have also read that they are the least aggressive and most docile of the weta family. who would have thought Glade that such a big wee critter could strike terror into the hearts of our normally Amazonian cubby mates. I was sure that Jem could take all comers......

Town name - Spring Haven

Well i say that dearest Mother Gaia loves ALL her children and u should never stomp them! Every species has a nish and a purpuse!
    but jem if u have such a hard time with it i suggest u back away and me and Glade with move the poor souls away and release them in a better suited place for all!

heh u should sometimes see me when i walk in the rain and earthworms are everywere i do my best not to step on them and sometimes that results in funny dancesteps to avoid!
    Last edited by Shea; April 24th, 2014 at 07:13 AM.

Earthworms I have no problem with. I take them fishing all the time!

Of course, giant wetas need protecting...especially if there's a GABber around!

Jude, set your mind at ease, dearie...I do take on all comers...with my ♥♥♥♥elberks!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

I was terrified of bugs as a kid, especially those crickets. They used to come into my bedroom and I remember putting a bucket on top of it so it couldn't go anywhere, ie jump on me in bed. And to make sure it didn't move the bucket (and this is a cricket, not a giant cave weta which I am sure could move a bucket), I would put a stack of books on top.

i would get my dad to get rid of it in the morning. At least I can do that myself these days. And I don't put books on top and the bucket is a jar.

I feel your fear ladies.

Town name - Spring Haven