Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: *** On The Boat Order Help Request Changes ***

While I appreciate the response from Nick, from a rhetorical standpoint I do disagree with SC insisting on a prescriptive definition of the "aim" of the game which, to be fair, should be decided by the individual players with respect to how they choose to interact with it. Perhaps the error is embedded in SC's new turn to creating the conditions of competition between players with the addition of the leaderboard. This is generally a common function of many online games as an incentive for some players to "reach for the top" as a form of self-validation. However, once the game is built or modified around such functions, then it effectively marginalizes those players who choose to engage the game in a non-competitive context. Certainly, all of us are free to completely ignore the leaderboard (and many of us here have), but the concern is from a features perspective where feature updates become unduly weighted in favour of trying to resolve and balance the competitive aspect of the game at the expense of focusing on features that might bring enjoyment to players who choose to play differently.

Although games such as these do have a linear progress structure programmed into them, there is still a slightly nonlinear free-play aspect that should be preserved to respect the autonomy of the players' gaming needs. The devs might consider tweaking some of the "algorithms" that cluster various items in the DD, for example, rather than place too much emphasis on the leaderboard and the balancing thereof.

Opening crates

What if you can only open crates if you at least filled one of each item?

Example:
    3x3 white sweaters
    3x15 popcorn
    3x2 syrup

Only after you filled 1 crate of sweaters, 1 crate of popcorn and 1 crate of syrup yourself, you can open up the remaining crates for your neighbors to fill?
    Tikkeltjes - taking a (most likely permanent) break from HD

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tikkeltjes View Post
    What if you can only open crates if you at least filled one of each item?

Example:
    3x3 white sweaters
    3x15 popcorn
    3x2 syrup

Only after you filled 1 crate of sweaters, 1 crate of popcorn and 1 crate of syrup yourself, you can open up the remaining crates for your neighbors to fill?
    I think that is a really great compromise idea!
    In that way, SC couldn't claim that players are simply "leeching" off the help of others to advance up the leaderboard since it would force said player to do some of the work her- or himself.

The leaderboard has no place in this game. They implemented it and now making changes to "level the playing field", which can not be done. No balance can be made as long as money is involved. I am not hurting the game by filling my friends boats nor are they by filling my boats. It is Supercell who is trying to turn a great, relaxing, friendly game into a competitive title. The way I see it, this game was created to play cooperatively, not competitively. That is how most of us want to play this game. This isn't a FPS for crying out loud. Let us play the game how we want to play it, not how it fits into your criteria for competitive gameplay.

GC: mscortana

I'm reading between the lines there that we may get the partial fill option ? But I could be wrong so as I think many many points have been put across in the update thread I don't see any point of doing anything but waiting...hope it's not too long.

One thing I think SC should have realised is the game is played by loyal and passionate people and for all this upset maybe a little diamond bonus for everyone wouldn't go amiss and maybe forego the champagne for yourselves on this failure (well as far as your players are concerned).....

Fresh Spawn

Deleted farm

I just deleted my farm. Supercell is obviously not listening to the players. I'm willing to bet the new feature is a way to charge you more diamonds to play.

Not looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    However, if a player never completes his or her own boat orders, and just lets the friends/visitors complete them, this is somehow against the general aim of the game. This is the key reason behind the adjustments we have made.
    I think this is as close to an admission that the 3 crate limit is here to stay as we can expect. It's not looking good for those who liked to help fill their neighbours boat orders. Only time will tell, but I'm certainly not holding my breath that we will get the outcome we all want so much.

Stupid leaderboard !!

Quote Originally Posted by Geekology View Post
    The leaderboard has no place in this game. They implemented it and now making changes to "level the playing field", which can not be done. No balance can be made as long as money is involved. I am not hurting the game by filling my friends boats nor are they by filling my boats. It is Supercell who is trying to turn a great, relaxing, friendly game into a competitive title. The way I see it, this game was created to play cooperatively, not competitively. That is how most of us want to play this game. This isn't a FPS for crying out loud. Let us play the game how we want to play it, not how it fits into your criteria for competitive gameplay.
    Well said. I totally agree. No Freemium game can be equal if real money can be used so speed things up. I for one cannot afford to buy loads of diamonds. I enjoy getting the occasional 50 from time to time and as a result I know I'll never appear at the top of any stupid leaderboard and that's fine by me as I play to have fun.

wouldn't comment on this yet, since update is still in preparation...
    I'm really looking forward to it, so please don't make a bad move and disappoint us again.

update: my guess is it's a diamond confirmation!
    Last edited by sylviaycheng; March 13th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
    | GC/KiK: sylviaycheng | Level: 67 | Captain III | Turbo Trucker III | Co-op III |

Please include your GC and LVL in your PM

I don't get this backward logic of yours. You say that people were getting others to fill their boats. SO WHAT??? If that is the way that INDIVIDUAL person wants to utilize the game so be it!! You are still getting your money, you are still getting people playing, and most of all, you are still getting people ENJOYING THE GAME!

I think it STINKS that you are trying to tell people (who most of us I bet have spent SOME real money on the game) how to play. It's not fair. It's a social game (or it USED TO BE) and part of that is HELPING NEIGHBOURS!

YOU introduced the leaderboard.
    YOU promoted competition between neighbours.
    YOU are the ones who caused this mess.
    YOU are the ones who made it so people were filling their neighbours boats before their own by the new achievements.
    YOU are the common denominator in ALL of this mess!!!!

Now it's US who have to suffer and be told we have to play the game by YOUR standards????

WOW.....I just may hit that delete app button after all. HOLY ♥♥♥♥!
    GC ID: Trace*C Level 39
    I love farming and FISHING
    **If you friend me, please actually PLAY the game, nothing worse than a million empty shops to scroll through!**
    **PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME CHALLENGES!!!!**