Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Guide for Guide Making

Talking The Ultimate Guide for Guide Making

1. Research forums for already existing game tutorials and guides and spend the time to read through them before deciding you have something new and original to add in yet another guide. Take into account the importance of remembering the game changes drastically as you advance in levels, machines and items available, and coinage before guide writing in narrow focus.

2. Read and follow #1.

3. If you still feel very compelled to write down all your knowledge of game play, please feel free to write away to your heart's content. Before posting it, however, be sure to read and follow #2.

Happy Farming!!!

Darn, I was all set to write a guide on wheating once you reach the level allowing you to have rice. Oh, well, back to the drawing board...

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Quote Originally Posted by knitgal2 View Post
    darn, i was all set to write a guide on wheating once you reach the level allowing you to have rice. Oh, well, back to the drawing board...
    lol . . . .
    Proud Member of HDAA (HayDay Addicts Anonymous) working on my addiction, 1 wheat field at a time
    Please PM for Farm ID
    Level: 129 | Town Level: 35
    |Achievements:130/131| Wheating since March 15, 2013

I love it. Thanks. Hopefully I'll have a lot less to read now!

GC: Tiggerr Two | Lvl: 126​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Oh darn! I wrote the guide to writing a guide before I thought about possibly seeing a new wheating guide! Now we might not get it... My bad!!
    Level 121...because sometimes virtual productivity trumps actual productivity

There must be something going on that I don't know about because another new player at the whopping high level of 25 just wrote another guide. There is so much wrong there that I felt compelled to explain why people shouldn't follow his advice. Because he is at such a low level he thinks a 425 space barn is as big as he will need and he advocates buying diamonds to upgrade to that level. I bought that last bolt early in the game. They go for eight diamonds a piece. Way too much for me. Plus he says they should hire Tom for boats instead of buying each new machine. All I can say is OUCH!

Ooh ooh I just thought of another conspiracy theory . Do you think SC is posing as newbies and writing those guides to get people to buy boatloads of diamonds????? Nah!!!!!!

Main Topic guide

YOU CRACK ME UP Tiggerr!

Gonna enter the contest with the gold voucher guide soon Do you think the "monthly forum helper" contest has something to do with this?
    Last edited by meonhoc; April 16th, 2014 at 03:27 AM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow*!
    [HelpShift FAQ]

Forum is toxic?
    Choose the game from the list ::

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke ~ Report abuse ~ Rules that you agreed to and about to violate ~

Look, there's a ghost... a bee... no, a dragon...wait, something is moving.....

Hay Day Lv 114♩♬ #SpookyCat
    #AwayOct17

Is it just me or is there more of this behavior going on these days? I joined the forum last summer and read posts daily, even if I don't post a lot myself. This whole thread was my tongue-in-cheek way of saying, "enough already!" GOOD tips and ACCURATE guides are so very helpful but lately they're just silly! Game owners sometimes use "creative" ways to make money but surely diamond purchases can be promoted in less awkward ways, especially since the majority of players never visit the forum. Who knows??!! I have honestly wondered if a few players who were called out for things in the past have opened new accounts with different names and they are back...
    Level 121...because sometimes virtual productivity trumps actual productivity

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    There must be something going on that I don't know about because another new player at the whopping high level of 25 just wrote another guide. There is so much wrong there that I felt compelled to explain why people shouldn't follow his advice. Because he is at such a low level he thinks a 425 space barn is as big as he will need and he advocates buying diamonds to upgrade to that level. I bought that last bolt early in the game. They go for eight diamonds a piece. Way too much for me. Plus he says they should hire Tom for boats instead of buying each new machine. All I can say is OUCH!

Ooh ooh I just thought of another conspiracy theory . Do you think SC is posing as newbies and writing those guides to get people to buy boatloads of diamonds????? Nah!!!!!!
    that is so funny. There does seem to be a lot of this though!

Farm Level 147. Town 42. Please PM for farm ID.😊

When I first discovered walk through for games that really required some doing to get from level to level. Like Angry birds or other physics type games I started googling when I had a game I had trouble with. So often I'd find page after page of useless guides telling you to do all the same things the game tutorials would tell you. It was as if the people writing these guides were either really young or stupid or thought everyone else was. Maybe they just liked to see their name in print. I never could figure it out. Even the hay day wiki doesn't tell you anything new but the list of levels and pictures of what's up next is kinda nice. But geez. We seem to get three of these things a week.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to discourage new people from asking questions and making suggestions or even giving us a new perspective from fresh eyes. But some of these guides are not only not helpful but can lead a new person down a wrong path and hurt their progression in the game. I know I have seen many posts from seasoned players telling new folks to please sell their goods at max price because we know they need money and we don't want to take advantage of them. Then someone comes along like they are an expert and tell them to price their goods way too low. Either they just don't know what they are talking about or they are trying to take advantage of them to get their own goods cheaply. And to tell someone to use diamonds to expand the barn and silo when it's just not necessary instead of telling them to just plant and harvest and make goods to get those expansion materials, well that bothers me.

So I am going to try to live up to my forum mother goose title and keep trying to help new folks in the only way I can.

Main Topic guide