Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impossible TH 8 Anti-Hog Transformers Base

The Impossible TH 8 Anti-Hog Transformers Base

I remember years ago
    Someone told me I should take
    Caution when it comes to hogs
    I did...
    WARNING!!! Use this layout at your own risk! I'm not in any way responsible for broken devices due to a good TH 9 attack taking out 2 of your gold storages and/or your DE!

For me: I began playing CoC in October 2013. Went through two clans before finding my home in nFinity where I was in time promoted to co-leader. I like designing bases, even though I've never shared a base design on forums until now. Began working on this TH 8 anti-hog design since clan wars were announced (bringing the need of good transformers base), thinking that there are no any famous TH 8 designs (or at least I didn't have seen one). Well, after I made it, I found out that Orz has already created a pretty good TH 8 anti-hog base a couple of days before I did.... Still, having alternatives is always a good thing. So here it is:

!!!NEW!!! Quad Mortar versions:

-1. The "classic" version- just rearranged the core to add the new mortar (air coverage may suffer):

-2. Traded the long range of 2 mortars for the higher dps, rate of fire and accuracy of 2 wizard towers (air coverage may suffer again):

-3: HexxenHammer's Edition:
    Quote Originally Posted by HexxenHammer View Post
    Only major change was putting archer towers in the core for strong DPS to help against Dragons and Barb King/Archer Queen. Mortars in the core on a war base isn't very effective. Hope that helps.

-4: Just put the new mortar into the outer ring, releasing a cannon inside of walls onto the CC side, making CC slightly harder to lure out (air coverage the same as in the old triple mortar versions):

-5: (as suggested by Bourbon): Wizard towers into the core, mortars into the outer ring, a cannon outside walls onto the CC side (air coverage the same as in the old triple mortar versions):

Legacy (triple mortar versions):

-Trophy (Clan Wars) version:

-Farming version:

-True Anti-Hog version with a double giant bomb:

Trophy version on clashofclansbuilder.com: http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/358064

Features of the base:
    -centralized town hall in trophy mode for best protection
    -centralized and hard to lure out clan castle in farming mode
    -anti-hog ring
    -centralized air defenses to stop air attacks
    -26/63 (41.27%) of the buildings are outside of walls for harder 50%

Special thanks go to peabak for creating his "The Ringus TH 9/10" design, that inspired me to create this base.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by MimoBG; January 15th, 2015 at 09:56 AM.

Mimo, proud Co-Leader of nFinity, TH 9, max trophies: 2694 (at TH 7)
    The Impossible TH 8 Transformers Base

Quote Originally Posted by MimoBG View Post
    I remember years ago
    Someone told me I should take
    Caution when it comes to hogs
    I did...

WARNING!!! Use this layout at your own risk! I'm not in any way responsible for broken devices due to a good TH 9 attack taking out 2 of your gold storages and/or your DE!

For me: I began playing CoC in October 2013. Went through two clans before finding my home in nFinity where I was in time promoted to co-leader. I like designing bases, even though I've never shared a base design on forums until now. Began working on this TH 8 anti-hog design since clan wars were announced (bringing the need of good transformers base), thinking that there are no any famous TH 8 designs (or at least I didn't have seen one). Well, after I made it, I found out that Orz has already created a pretty good TH 8 anti-hog base a couple of days before I did.... Still, having alternatives is always a good thing. So here it is:

-Trophy (Clan Wars) version:

-Farming version:

Trophy version on clashofclansbuilder.com: http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/358064

Features of the base:
    -centralized town hall in trophy mode for best protection
    -centralized and hard to lure out clan castle in farming mode
    -anti-hog ring
    -centralized air defenses to stop air attacks
    -27/64 (42.19%) of the buildings are outside of walls for harder 50%

Special thanks go to peakman for creating his "The Ringus TH 9/10" design, that inspired me to create this base.

Enjoy!!!

It is a fairly good base, but there is nothing that a th 8 can do to prevent against a well planned out hog attack. Also deploying in two different stops IE top and bottom would get the base murdered as splash damage are not together.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Monday is coming... BTW Send me a friend req
    The easy counter for most anti-hog bases is to destroy 1 defence and place all your hogs near but not directly at the destroyed defense.

Fresh Spawn
    Forget about it, there's no way you can avoid to be screwed by hogs as a TH8, never.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated!
    Yea, I'm not that big of an idiot, I know nothing can stop the good hog attacks at TH 8. Actually, I made this base to try and prevent losing one more star against the weaker hog attacks (having in mind being attacked by similar level players than I am).

looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyman117 View Post
    looks good
    Thanks!

Banned

Thumbs Up

definitely looks good

don't worry so much..there isn't much th8s can do against well co-ordinated th9 attacks.....the thing with anti-hog bases is that they are susceptible to BARCH and BAM....not to a great extent but enough to steal some decent loot...

but the best defence against the hogs is not actually an anti-hog design but the double giant bomb pairing which i see you haven't got in your base...id throw that in somewhere

You should try to put 2 giant bombs together to kill all the hogs (lvl 3 and below) instantly
    SEMI-RETIRED FROM CLASH Lookin for me? ​I'm chillin with my friends at Toxic_Viperz

Testing this base right now! Looks great, you did a excellent job

Clash of Clans: Yolo Swaggins
    Clash Royale: YS