Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastest DE Farming without Gems TH9?

Forum Elder

Fastest DE Farming without Gems TH9?

I have searched the forum for DE guides (Brandon's seems to be the definitive guide) around getting DE and they all seem to involve armies that take a while to cook or revolve around boosting barracks so I wanted to get a sense of what people out there are doing to farm DE efficiently WITHOUT gems.

I see some crazy numbers out there like 10,000 DE per hour with Miniball but I can't see how you can do that when 20 balloons takes 40 minutes to cook. I understand if you can't sit on your device for long periods of time Miniball is probably the best method as you can really get huge raids up in high crystal or masters, but as a th9 I also have the problem of getting my DE stolen by th10s with lvl 20+ heroes when I camp above 2200 trophys.

Giant based armies are also generally used but at th9 most bases need at least 2 spells to be able to get to the DE with giants and gobs. Plus, these armies also take at least 20 minutes to cook so at best you are getting 3 raids per hour and that's without using spells.

BAM at 1800-2000. After a lot of experimenting I have found that for me this is by far the fastest method to get DE. I can get in up to 10 raids per hour and If I find a fat DE storage base with 30 minions and 1 rage spell I can totally pillage storages that are behind up to 3 levels of walls. I use the standard BAM strategy of loading up all 6 of my barracks and I start searching for bases to attack once I hit about 180 troops.

With this method my PROFIT after minion costs is always 4-6k per hour. I would be willing to wager that if I boosted barracks I could also get 10k per hour without having to keep up crystal lvl trophys and worry about getting pillaged every time I log off.

If you guys are doing better than that I'd love to hear the strategy behind it.

Forum Elder
    Oops. I thought I was in Tactics, Strategies, and Questions!!!! Feel free to move it for me mods :-D

1st barracks - barbs
    2nd barracks - archers
    3d - giants
    4th - bombers

(making them all the time)

so I get approx 70 barbs, 50 archers, 12 giants and 12 bombers per raid (maxed troops except bombers - I'm th9)
    + sometimes I use healing spells or rage (not crucial)

45-50k de each day (playing 8-9 hours)

no dark troops - so it's a bit more effective
    Clan name - Chinovniki

Pro Member
    Im doing a sharp kind of de army, wiz giants healers raid every 25-35min so 2 attacks per hour, 2 attacks 1-3k de so 4k de a hour for 5-12h a day

Pro Member
    just boost, its a small price for a big reward
    BetterCallSaul
    TH11 1.8B GG
    40/40/15
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Recruiting-now

2600-2900 using 20 balloons rest minions and 1 spell worked pretty well for me at townhall 9.
    "I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "Will you give me your name?"
    "My name is Tyrael."
    BonbeeIsACat - The original farmer.

use barch.
    I managed to max out heroes (lvl 40) and all DE troops without even reach 7mil HH.
    The less DE you consume in army composition, the more you pile up.

somewhere doing something better than this dumb game
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudethatrocks View Post
    1st barracks - barbs
    2nd barracks - archers
    3d - giants
    4th - bombers

(making them all the time)

so I get approx 70 barbs, 50 archers, 12 giants and 12 bombers per raid (maxed troops except bombers - I'm th9)
    + sometimes I use healing spells or rage (not crucial)

45-50k de each day (playing 8-9 hours)

no dark troops - so it's a bit more effective
    I am salivating at 45-50k. I haven't stolen that lifetime.
    quit clashing on: Friday, May 23rd, 2014 at around 4pm est

Quote Originally Posted by bighowie83 View Post
    use barch.
    I managed to max out heroes (lvl 40) and all DE troops without even reach 7mil HH.
    The less DE you consume in army composition, the more you pile up.
    May I ask what range?

Squian2 | Level 100 | 380m GG | 700k HH

This is an easy one.
    Step 1, max both DE drills. That's 4800/day right there. Every three days you'll have 14.4k so that's halfway there for mid level hero upgrade.
    Step 2, as howie said BARCH BARCH and BARCH. Super fast army that you can raid with every 12 minutes or so. If you boost, it's continuous. I do two barracks full Barbs and 2 Barracks full Arch. You don't need any WB's or Giants, they just slow you down.

Spells, do 4xheal spell. I know, it sounds weird but it works.

I find the best sweet spot is in Gold I (1800-2000 range). Look for bases with full drills or DE storage closer to one side. Snipe off the DE drills with 5 barb, 5 archer combo's (send couple extra barbs before they all die).
    Then for the DE storage send in a layer of 5-10 barbs on that side closest to storage to clear out any bombs. Then 5-10 archers behind them. Repeat in waves of 10 or so barbs then 10 or so Archers pausing a few seconds in between waves. They'll chew through the outside layer and start attacking the inside buildings. Do another layer or two until the first layer inside walls are gone. Once you get to this point you dump a huge chunk of barbs followed by a big group of archers and drop a healing spell on them and overlapping well into the base. They are virtually indestructable in the healing spell and go right on in. For any storage that is offset in a base I can usually get to it with a single heal spell.
    Hit exposed TH's or even swing your barch army wider to get 1 star wins on occasion to keep your trophy's up.

To give you an idea of how well this works, I recently did a push up to Masters and went from 2616 trophy's down to 1800 in a couple hours doing nothing but BARCH DE farming on the slide and I got almost 40k DE. It was pretty sweet.

Here's a video by Daddy that shows exactly what I'm talking about. The first attack he uses BARCH/Heal to get the DE. He used 2 spells, but could have probably gotten away with 1. If you have lvl 6 troops, it's obviously a lot easier.

With the 1 Gem boost now on my two maxed DE Drills and my normal daily farming with BAM I'm getting around 20k-30k per day of DE even using minions in Gold I. It's pretty easy to keep both my hero's on perma upgrade (currently at lvl 10 BK and lvl 7 AQ).