Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Questions about Clan Wars

Questions about Clan Wars

Pats vid says if a player is in a clan and leaves for another he'll have a cooldown period before he can go to war with the new clan, how long is the cooldown? Also if a clan is at war and a new member joins who hasn't been involved in a recent war can he participate in an on going war? Or will the player be locked out. Also, what if a player is involved in a war, leaves the clan and then returns. Can he continue to participate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    2 Days i.e. the period of the original clan war.
    Can only the leader of a clan initiate a war, or co-leads as well? Does the leader/co-leader have to get a certain number of clan members to click a confirmation button of some sort showing they want to participate, or does the leader just start a war and hope the clan participates?
    leader and co-leader
    Once a war ends do the clans participating in it have a cooldown (similar to a player leaving a clan at war for another clan) or can the leaders immediately look for a match for another war?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve[Supercell] View Post
    There is no cooldown between Clan Wars!
    If a player is upgrading his defenses normally, and a war starts will his village in the clan war have defenses offline or will they be working in the clan war only? (This could be a huge participation killer in farming clans if you are at a disadvantage in a clan war due to defenses upgrading.)
    Your defenses will be active at the level they are upgrading FROM. So, if you are upgrading an air defense from level 4 to level 5 when you save your war base, your AD will be an active L4 if you are attacked during the Clan War. Same with troops and spells that are mid-upgrade.
    Upgrading heroes and troops will behave the same way. Correct.
    Is there a minimum town hall level to participating in a Clan War? Would a clan full of TH2s be able to initiate a war against other clans full of TH2s?
    As far as I know anyone can play who is in a clan, there's a pic of a lvl 1 cc with the loot boxes on top.
    Pat's video says defenders don't lose resources, they will be generated. What kind of loot will be involved for the attacker? Will it be as if the defenders storages are full to capacity, or 1/2 or some percentage?
    You can lose resources but it is a LOT less than in normal game play - I recall about 1/3 to 1/4 of normal loot
    ---SC UPDATE---
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakydave View Post
    Thats actually no longer true, anyone participating can not lose resources, they are only generated by the game.

How many Attacks do we start off with, anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos View Post
    Each player gets 2 offensive raids and each base can be raided 2 times. If 2 clan members attack the same base, whichever raid gets the most stars will be the raid used to generate the clan points. Also once a base has been 3 star'd it will not be attackable.
    a base can be hit in theory up to 50 times (50 clashers taking part can each attack a base once)
    Once the match making finds you a suitable clan to war with, will you be able to hit next and skip it like in normal match making? I mean, can you keep searching until you find a clan you want to clash with?
    There will not be a next button for Clan Matchmaking. Once you enter matchmaking the preparation phase of the war will commence as soon as the match is found.
    Will the matchmaking take into account stats like gold grab and heroic heist? I'm not saying it should, as I'm looking forward to clashes between top farming clans and top cup (gemming?) clans, but just curious if the means by which players have developed their base is taken into account.
    I do not believe so. I will make sure to confirm the facts however.
    Will the leader/co-leader be able to determine which clan mates will participate in the war? For example, can they exclude inactive members or low level visitors?
    They will not. The strongest 30 bases (if you have more than 30 members) will be selected for defense. I will try and get more info on the parameters for determining the strongest 30 bases, if possible.
    ---SC UPDATE---
    there is no longer a limit of 30 bases

Will the war base persist from one war to the next (not between the 2 battles, but from one 2-day war to the next), giving you the chance to stick with it or overwrite it with the current village base? Unless there are enhancements to the village edit mode to save/load different base configs, it will be a pita to have to keep changing between farming and war bases. Hybrids are always a compromise.
    Agreed, a huge pita. We hope to work out village edit mode saving in the near future, though we cannot promise that for the next update yet. We realize it makes tons of sense now and would have preferred to have it in before this came out, just wasn't in the cards. Your war base will not persist to the following clan war, so for now, you will have to reconfigure it again if you make changes after you save the war layout.
    How does the matchmaking work? We know it's based of TH level, hero level, weapons levels, and wall levels, but is everyone in the clan weighed the same? Or is it like in trophies, your top 10 players make 50% of your clans total? Also do any of the matchmaking tools (TH, hero, weapons, walls) get weighed more heavily than the others?
    I cannot elaborate unfortunately. I do believe GodSon and SimonTay both touched on this, however:
    - Hero levels
    - Town hall levels
    - Weapons (Defences I presume)
    - Walls
    - Number of players
    I can't get more specific than that. Perhaps we'll provide additional information on matchmaking in the future, but I cannot be sure at this point.
    What if some of the strongest bases in clan are inactive, will still be selected? And then since they're inactive what type of layout would an inactive member have? and those that don't want to do clan wars are they forced into it? Because they may have the strongest base, but just prefer to farm or cup hunt?
    firstly, clan wars is optional for all clans. Your players that get chosen to participate (up to 50) cant lose anything so theres no down side. The amount chosen will depend on your starting clan member count and your opponents (to the nearest 5, rounded down, excluding uneligable players from clan hopping). the ones chosen are then based on trophy count, so if you have anyone going inactive they need to drop trophy count. Anyone not chosen will become a spectator instead.
    Is it true only the top 30 bases in a clan will be able to be attacked/participate?
    no it isnt
    Will we still be able to raid bases in the queue whilst a war is active?
    no it isnt
    Is there a reward for the winning clan?
    yes, resources and also an extra 1 added to your clans current war win counter shown on your clan page.

Will there now be "save layout" options for switching between your "clan base" and regular base?
    no, not yet.. hopefully in the near future.

When will this be released?
    next week is the current estimate
    Is there a minimum number of members required?
    10 members minimum to go into the clan wars matchmaking queue

What happens if you kick someone out during a war.
    The base remains for your opponents to raid, and your down 1 person (and their 2 attacks)
    How will the "strongest base/most trophies work?" What if say I am farming and I am say 17th in clan for trophies, if I am th7 and another person is Th10 but has awful defenses, and lvl walls? Will I be selected over the TH10?
    Initial base/player selection depends on trophy count in your clan only (at time of declaration)
    How do we farm during a clan war?
    however you normally do, clan wars will not affect this, except more available loot generated over time, and some loot in opponents clan castle.
    What happens if the war ends and both clans have the same number of stars?
    as you guessed, this is then a tie and both clans will recieve the same lowered percentage of their loot bonus gathered during the war
    During matchmaking can we manually select a clan to war with or is it automatically done?
    there will be a clan wars matchmaking system that will put you against another similar clan.
    Is there a minimum number of members a clan needs to participate in a war?
    theres a minimum requirement of 10 eligible players in the clan to enter the clan wars matchmaking queue
    Will there be a clan war leaderboard showing clans or individuals that have excelled in wars?
    to my knowledge, no. but ill try to confirm this.
    What happens if a clan starts a war, a players base is locked in, and they are kicked from the clan or leave?
    the war continues as their bases will have already been locked in. you will just have less attacks available in the war (less players), and will likely lose because of it.
    Can a clan declare war on another clan of their choosing?
    no you can not. although if both clans are very similar in base progression etc and queue up at the same time for a war, im sure the chances arent too remote.
    Youtube videos show you can deposit troops in a clan members CC on the clan war page. Is this the same CC as your out of CW CC? Or is it a copy?
    yes the *war base* clan castle will be filled competely seperate from your normal Clan Castle. This is done once on the first day of war (prep day), and you can even specify what defense troops you would like!)
    Last edited by Anarchos; April 3rd, 2014 at 03:10 PM.
    IGN -- GimmeChonChon!!
    GG/EE 2Billion -- WALLS MAXED! -- TH11
    Personal Best Trophy 6,027

Number 4 is a very good question I was wondering that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos View Post
    Ok, so I've watched all the videos from the youtubers. I understand a lot about how Clan Wars will work and from what I've gathered if its 1/2 as good as it seems everyone should be more than happy. However I have a few questions. Any chance a mod or CM could give a little insight to the answers? :-D

1.) Pats vid says if a player is in a clan and leaves for another he'll have a cooldown period before he can go to war with the new clan, how long is the cooldown? Also if a clan is at war and a new member joins who hasn't been involved in a recent war can he participate in an on going war? Or will the player be locked out. Also, what if a player is involved in a war, leaves the clan and then returns. Can he continue to participate?

2.) Can only the leader of a clan initiate a war, or co-leads as well? Does the leader/co-leader have to get a certain number of clan members to click a confirmation button of some sort showing they want to participate, or does the leader just start a war and hope the clan participates?

3.) Once a war ends do the clans participating in it have a cooldown (similar to a player leaving a clan at war for another clan) or can the leaders immediately look for a match for another war?

4.) If a player is upgrading his defenses normally, and a war starts will his village in the clan war have defenses offline or will they be working in the clan war only? (This could be a huge participation killer in farming clans if you are at a disadvantage in a clan war due to defenses upgrading.)

5.) Is there a minimum town hall level to participating in a Clan War? Would a clan full of TH2s be able to initiate a war against other clans full of TH2s?

6.) Finally, the resources. Pat's video says defenders don't lose resources, they will be generated. What kind of loot will be involved for the attacker? Will it be as if the defenders storages are full to capacity, or 1/2 or some percentage?

thanks in advance!
    this is sums up just about most questions surrounding cw, some of these were partially answered in the vids, so instead of adding those, I hope to hear from someone with concrete knowledge, good post
    speedro1225
    forums bans- 2
    Best youtuber in the game Daddy! (click for his best vid ever)

Thanks guys, hopefully someone like Marika or Steve can help shed some light on the answers. Or Patrick and Daddy if they have the answers from their time in Helsinki.
    IGN -- GimmeChonChon!!

I've wanted to know about #4 as well, considering I started an inferno tower upgrade only three days ago…
    ​Yoda has spoken.
    Playing since September 2012.
    "I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, ‘what if I had given everything?’ " ~Matthew West

1.) Pats vid says if a player is in a clan and leaves for another he'll have a cooldown period before he can go to war with the new clan, how long is the cooldown? Also if a clan is at war and a new member joins who hasn't been involved in a recent war can he participate in an on going war? Or will the player be locked out. Also, what if a player is involved in a war, leaves the clan and then returns. Can he continue to participate?

2.) Can only the leader of a clan initiate a war, or co-leads as well? Does the leader/co-leader have to get a certain number of clan members to click a confirmation button of some sort showing they want to participate, or does the leader just start a war and hope the clan participates?

leader and co-leader

3.) Once a war ends do the clans participating in it have a cooldown (similar to a player leaving a clan at war for another clan) or can the leaders immediately look for a match for another war?

I don't know, i don't think so though

4.) If a player is upgrading his defenses normally, and a war starts will his village in the clan war have defenses offline or will they be working in the clan war only? (This could be a huge participation killer in farming clans if you are at a disadvantage in a clan war due to defenses upgrading.)

Your defenses will be active at the level they are upgrading FROM. So, if you are upgrading an air defense from level 4 to level 5 when you save your war base, your AD will be an active L4 if you are attacked during the Clan War. Same with troops and spells that are mid-upgrade.

5.) Is there a minimum town hall level to participating in a Clan War? Would a clan full of TH2s be able to initiate a war against other clans full of TH2s?

As far as I know anyone can play who is in a clan, there's a pic of a lvl 1 cc with the loot boxes on top.

6.) Finally, the resources. Pat's video says defenders don't lose resources, they will be generated. What kind of loot will be involved for the attacker? Will it be as if the defenders storages are full to capacity, or 1/2 or some percentage?

You can lose resources but it is a LOT less than in normal game play - I recall about 1/3 to 1/4 of normal loot

Hope that helps, SC will have a FAQ out soon by the way.
    Last edited by Daddy; April 2nd, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Now retired from YouTube, feel free to say hi I always like a good chat
    I still run my twitter account it's @daddy_clash (although I rarely tweet)

I am riding on a Phoenix, playing Super Smash Bros, although its fire is burning my bottom.

leader and co-leader

I don't know, i don't think so though

Defences are likely to be as they are when the base is locked in so if they are upgrading they are not active, i'm 99% sure of that

Hope that helps, SC will have a FAQ out soon by the way.
    Thanks that cleared a lot of things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell
    Never assume anything. It makes an A.S.S. out of U and M.E.

^^^Click on signature picture^^^
    Current Main Games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U | Super Smash Bros. 3DS | Mario Kart 8
    Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796

Clan Wars Video

Here are some of my thoughts on Clan Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuidZ6DGaKE

What do you guys think?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

There is no cooldown between Clan Wars!

Steve / Supercell
    Brand Marketing

Stop what you're doing and read these now:
    http://forum.supercell.net/forumdisp.../8-Forum-Rules

1.) Hope that helps, SC will have a FAQ out soon by the way.
    Thanks a lot Daddy, appreciate it. I'll for sure check out the FAQ once it's released.

i am pretty bummed with the answer to #4 if it's how it really is. I understand if you're upgrading defenses and you get raided then that's the way it is because you chose to upgrade and your punishment is trophies and or loot. However when it comes down to the fact everyone needs to upgrade defenses, and your defenses being offline hurt your clan, you would hope that defenses being upgraded would function during a clan war, just not during a normal raid. It is something that can probably turn a lot of people off from participating with their clan, due to the fact if they have xbows or infernos or whatever being upgraded it can give the opposing clan a leg up on your base.
    IGN -- GimmeChonChon!!