Thread: Best Guide For New Players

Post Best Guide For New Players

Ok, so if you're new, thanks for checking this out. Here's a basic tip and guide for you that works best if you are new or still at lower levels and aren't very experienced.
    Crops

are harvested and planted. When you plant one crop, you harvest two of the crop. This is for every crop.
    Tips: larger amounts will produce MUCH faster!

Animals
    you can have farm animals. They will unlock as you level up. You will also be able to get pets later in the game. The main purpose of the animals, which require feed and a pen, is to produce particular products, like eggs, milk, bacon, etc...
    COINS
    Coins are the main currency in the game. You get them by truck deliveries, selling goods to visiting customers, wheel of fortune, mystery boxes, and at a higher level you will be able to sell goods at your roadside shop to make money.

tell me what you think and I will add on to this guide. It is a basic guide for beginners at low levels. If you think I should add more, tell me. Thanks! Tell me what you think please!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbiTheDragon View Post
    Ok, so if you're new, thanks for checking this out. Here's a basic tip and guide for you that works best if you are new or still at lower levels and aren't very experienced.
    Crops

are harvested and planted. When you plant one crop, you harvest two of the crop. This is for every crop.
    Tips: larger amounts will produce MUCH faster!

Animals
    you can have farm animals. They will unlock as you level up. You will also be able to get pets later in the game. The main purpose of the animals, which require feed and a pen, is to produce particular products, like eggs, milk, bacon, etc...
    COINS
    Coins are the main currency in the game. You get them by truck deliveries, selling goods to visiting customers, wheel of fortune, mystery boxes, and at a higher level you will be able to sell goods at your roadside shop to make money.

tell me what you think and I will add on to this guide. It is a basic guide for beginners at low levels. If you think I should add more, tell me. Thanks! Tell me what you think please!
    There is so much to the game that can't really be covered in a post which does have limits. A lot has been covered already by multiple people with differing ideas on their favorite way to play in the thread called New people Tips. Even though I started it, the information comes from a lot of other people since there is no one way to play the game. There is also a link there to the main guide and topics post with even more techniques. And a guide to how many items you need for the boats which gets updated as things get added.

While your idea is a good one, I am afraid it's been covered already. Plus there is the hay day wiki which is a good guide to what comes at each level.

Thanks for trying to help new folks. Hay day players are very nice!

Edit. Oh and the blue type is very hard to read.
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; March 31st, 2014 at 12:41 AM.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Well, the tutorial that starts you off as soon as you create a farm, walks you through crops and animals. We also have a great Main Guide, which has a series of links to a multitude of specific guides and helpful threads and it's stickied on the very first page of the category in which you posted this.

While it's kind of you to want to help other newcomers, please look at the forum to see what already exists so you can point folks to those threads and guides rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. It will save you so much effort and you'll be surprised what you'll learn from the stuff you find that is already here.

Oh, and a minor correction: crops grow at whatever rate they're designed to grow at, whether you plant 4 of a crop or 70 of a crop. Larger fields do NOT grow any faster than smaller fields of the same crop. For instance, corn takes 4 minutes to grow whether you grow 2 ears or 80.

I'm afraid as this is a duplicate of the game tutorial and you were looking to recreate what already exists, I need to close this.
    Last edited by Cricks3; March 31st, 2014 at 03:07 AM.
    GC: PhoenixAerie KIK: Cricks3 HDTag: YQJLUQU9
    Farm: In Memory of Tom, Level 149, town level 44
    NH:
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS version 12.2 Time Zone CST -6
    Honorary "Tech Bug Hound", Previous Official SC Hay Day Forum Moderator