Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moat, a th8 trophy base

The Moat, a th8 trophy base reliably winning in Crystal 2

With teslas in the core, this version is better for higher leagues and clan wars when your goal is to only get one starred.

With the teslas outside, this version is better for lower to mid crystal when your goal is to win, not get one starred.

All logs are from this version, the rest of the buildings can be changed at your discretion.

[/SIZE][/B]
    Crystal 3/Gold 1 Logs (Courtesy of Ovicron who moved his DE and Elixir outside as bait)

Crystal 2 logs

Crystal 1 logs

From the attacks this base has seen in crystal 2 it won every initial attack, although unfortunately without traps and with most, if not all, of the cc troops gone it has gotten one-starred the second time around.

What is so good about this base?
    The way the defenses are organized in a ring makes balloonions and hogs path around in a circle, avoiding the core and pathing the hogs into traps.

Having a centralized CC is vital against defending against these two armies, especially as a th8. Without the firepower of 25 archers or wizards your base stands absolutely no chance against balloons, and they help immensely against hogs.

The moat around the core serves two purposes, it pushes the defenses out away from the core which is why the defensive positions path hogs and balloons the way they do, and so that minions follow the fodder buildings around the base, also avoiding the core.

Is this base for me?
    I would not recommend using this base below crystal, because in gold hog and even balloon attacks are very unlikely. This base can be one starred fairly easily by barch, the only reason why it works up at this trophy level is because of how rare it is for someone to be barching up here that isn't going for th snipes. I used this base http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ight=trap+base to get reliable defensive wins prior to crystal 2 but after that I switched to this base because the other one was getting wrecked by balloonions. Since switching I have defeated hogs but have yet to get attacked by baloonions, which I think is a good sign.

Video Replays

I am unable to record videos but if somebody were willing to hop in my clan or allow me to hop in yours and record the hog attacks and upload them to youtube I would be very grateful. I would also appreciate a guide on how to do this myself.
    Last edited by verh; April 26th, 2014 at 11:16 PM.

how is it possible to be 94% and one starred????????

Trophy Record: 2620
    Town Hall:9 / Level:101
    Clan: Uchiha Barb King: Level 10 AQ: 5
    NEW TH 9

Quote Originally Posted by steelgun View Post
    Everything pathed around the core, and by the time all of that stuff was destroyed there wasn't enough time.

Still, I think it isn't a greta base, its good against hogs, but if it loses to a giant-healer, which I think is the easiest kind to funnel around and let them die, I dont think it is a good base, you lost more times and I think using all spingtraps in 1 spot is nothelping really
    ~Level: 71~
    ~Townhall: 8~

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldinator View Post
    Still, I think it isn't a greta base, its good against hogs, but if it loses to a giant-healer, which I think is the easiest kind to funnel around and let them die, I dont think it is a good base, you lost more times and I think using all spingtraps in 1 spot is nothelping really
    I respect and disagree with your opinion, I don't really have anything else to say except for how does a bad base net you trophies in crystal 2? By the way its w/l is 3-3, not whatever you thought it was.
    Last edited by verh; March 28th, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Trainee
    This base is clearly the one from matu gaming with some tweaks.
    Never worked for me.

Alll best of luck

Dizzy

Millennial Club
    No town hall.
    Level 168- 1.76 BILLIONAIRE - 8.1M+ HH King 40/Queen 40/Warden 19
    Loot is great right now!
    Staunchly Anti-War
    Quote Originally Posted by BezG View Post
    you really should have cut the bushes mate....it would've made your inferno tower look a lot bigger

Forum Champion
    you can be at 99% and have only a 1-star. Or be only at 1 or 2% and still have a 1-star. 50% gives 1 star, TH gives another, 100% gives 3rd star.

@OP: The only good def raid there was the 2nd one (the hog one). The rest were noobs or you got owned like in the 1st one. A TH8 nearly 3-starred you, no offense but that questions its effectiveness.
    IGN: Pranav | Clan: Legendary Kings [#8VYVC88R] | I am the man with no avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyy
    Who took the Ayy username? i want it now
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze
    I think Ayy took it.

My Journey + More

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    you can be at 99% and have only a 1-star. Or be only at 1 or 2% and still have a 1-star. 50% gives 1 star, TH gives another, 100% gives 3rd star.

@OP: The only good def raid there was the 2nd one (the hog one). The rest were noobs or you got owned like in the 1st one. A TH8 nearly 3-starred you, no offense but that questions its effectiveness.
    I would argue that the point of a trophy base is to attract, and beat, noobs or people who underestimate the base.
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    This base is clearly the one from matu gaming with some tweaks.
    Never worked for me.

Alll best of luck

Dizzy
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...06#post1608806 This base? I made this base

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-masters/page8

before I watched the video, the only thing I got from the video was the way that the core defenses were arranged, I did copy that. I know his base wouldn't work as a hog base because the way he has his defenses lined up they would just path to the center, which would kinda defeat the purpose of it.

Most recent attack
    Last edited by verh; March 28th, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by verh View Post
    I would argue that the point of a trophy base is to attract, and beat, noobs or people who underestimate the base.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...06#post1608806 This base? I made this base

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-masters/page8

before I watched the video, the only thing I got from the video was the way that the core defenses were arranged, I did copy that. I know his base wouldn't work as a hog base because the way he has his defenses lined up they would just path to the center, which would kinda defeat the purpose of it.

Most recent attack
    His never worked for me...i usually make my own bases. i dont like conventional bases at all this moat is pretty good lookin though.

Hows this for unconventional? the archer towers are the main dps . working on a base where teslas and archer towers decimate attackers while segmented. then next working on a trophy labyrinth base..

Dizzy
    Attached Images Attached Images