Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you "cast off" boats and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    You preposition sentence ender! How's that for grammar!
    You can come sit with me in the corner. Bring your farms!
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108
    I play daily and help a lot and appreciate those lovelies who help me!

I think I cast off a boat once just to see what it's like. I will however ignore boats for a couple of days but have only done this a handful of times. I just like to focus on different things and rotate that focus. Guess its a weird thing i do. On my farm.
    Last edited by Neen; March 25th, 2014 at 02:35 AM.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

I cast off any sugar and dairy boats, fish fillet and lobster tail boats. I usually cast off jam boats, unless I have enough to fill the them. It's rare for me to keep a jam boat though. Same for soy sauce.

I've been lucky lately as I've only seen a couple of sugar and dairy boats in the last few days, but have gotten quite a few salad boats in a row.
    Hi
    Level 133
    Kik: AthalaSage

Quote Originally Posted by Shealie54 View Post
    You can come sit with me in the corner. Bring your farms!
    I'll bring the popcorn, or better yet some flaming hot Cheetos, and tons of hand wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggaloo View Post
    I cast off any sugar and dairy boats, fish fillet and lobster tail boats. I usually cast off jam boats, unless I have enough to fill the them. It's rare for me to keep a jam boat though. Same for soy sauce.

I've been lucky lately as I've only seen a couple of sugar and dairy boats in the last few days, but have gotten quite a few salad boats in a row.
    I've been really lucky lately too. A lot of crops and sweater or milk boats.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

I've never not filled a boat :/

I cast off a boat whenever its requirements are really really crazy. Yesterday i had a boat with Cherry AND Blackberry Jams! I also cast it off and it needs a big amount of dairy or sugar.

... still a kid ... still don't know if it's a good or a bad thing!
    Hay Day Level: 169 Reputation Level: 46 Achievements: 144/144
    FishBook:Completed Maggie's Book: 17/21 Neighborhood: THE GREEK WAY (23/30)
    Personal Tag: #QU8RPJUP

Somewhere out there in vast nothingness of the space.
    I cast it off when it ask for the following thing.

-Dairy
    -Sugar
    -Bread(unless I'm available to play all day. Which I mostly don't.)

I can get other premium stuff by using Tom. He often fill 1-2 type of item for my boat. haha. That's very convenient(and expensive to hire).
    Kik&GC:PPRapis /FB: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004053721899
    My name is Neil. Any friend request is welcomed.
    I'll try to help with boat and tree if I can.

Centennial Club
    I hardly ever cast off a boat. I try to work towards the next boat order...really want the 15000 boat points and still need 5000. That won't happen any time soon if i cast off 50% of my boats.
    Android player - Level 50+ - Achievements: 92/99

Quote Originally Posted by DeHongaar View Post
    I hardly ever cast off a boat. I try to work towards the next boat order...really want the 15000 boat points and still need 5000. That won't happen any time soon if i cast off 50% of my boats.
    Actually, time wise, it is better to cast off the boat if it is going to take you a long time to fill. If it takes you nine hours to fill a hard boat, for example, you get fewer boat points maybe ten. But if you send it off,get an easy one four hours later, fill it immediately you get 34-36, if four hours later you get another easy one, that's 36 more. If you didn't cast off the hard one, you are still working on it and will not get 36 points much less the 72 you got by casting it off for two easy ones. Just a tip from a former captains achievement helper.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Actually, time wise, it is better to cast off the boat if it is going to take you a long time to fill. If it takes you nine hours to fill a hard boat, for example, you get fewer boat points maybe ten. But if you send it off,get an easy one four hours later, fill it immediately you get 34-36, if four hours later you get another easy one, that's 36 more. If you didn't cast off the hard one, you are still working on it and will not get 36 points much less the 72 you got by casting it off for two easy ones. Just a tip from a former captains achievement helper.
    That's VERY helpful, Tigg! I never even thought about it that way when I was going for my BSH3, though I still cast off plenty of boats because I refused to do those mentioned above, and it took me awhile to achieve it too. But your math explains it beautifully to those who are working for it.

My daughter is convinced our farms are tied together somehow. When I do boats, she gets an inordinate number of bad boat orders (sugar, dairy, etc.), but last week when I wasn't doing boats at all, she didn't get but ONE bad boat the entire week. Last night I did a boat, and she got a double whammy - sugar AND dairy. I laughed and told her that even though we believe this game is fairly intuitive, that's a bit overboard. It WAS kind of funny though.
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108
    I play daily and help a lot and appreciate those lovelies who help me!