Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you "cast off" boats and why?

How often do you "cast off" boats and why?

I cast off my 2nd boat today which I didn't realise you could do till a week ago. But my question is how often do you guys do it and why? I cast off dairy and sugar boats as they require too much and I find them stressful but that's about it
    GC: emzeeyenvy
    level 66
    Turbo trucker iii achieved 27.04.13

I cast off any boat for which items take too long to make and I don't have enough of, like, Cheesecake, jams, dairy, sugar.

crops, if it's strawberry and I don't have a lot of them...

aside from that, I may try to get the boat filled if it's not too much... but... I just skipped 2 boats because I wanted to focus on the event...
    KIK: Dynel81.
    completed both TT2 and TT3 on my own.

I cast off anything I can't easily fill, so I definitely cast off anything with dairy, sugar and jam. If I have most of what I need I'll put up a couple of crates for help but will cast it off if I think that it would be hard to get help from neighbors for the rest.

I'm getting much pickier about the boats I'll fill on my farm, I really just do them for the vouchers now as I've made all my boat achievements and I don't really need the coin and am not in a hurry for the XP points.

I also mostly cast them off if there is an event going on especially if the boat asks for whatever item is needed for that event.

So on any given day I probably cast off 1-2 boats and maybe fill 1-2. During this last trucking event I cast off almost all of them...

Just depends, lol.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

when I have to ask for more than 3 crates that I can't finish right away, I cast it off.
    when there's a trucking event, I generally cast most of the boats off because I want my stuff for trucks.
    when there's sugar, dairy or jam, I cast off

I don't generally keep any boat that I'd have to keep at dock more than a couple hours. If it's not in my barn and I can't ask for it from friends, off it goes
    SCORCHED EARTH CHALLENGE SURVIVOR! (completed Feb 5, 6:48pm)
    level 112 If it's in my store ~ it's for sale. Buy one or buy it all ~ that's why it's there .
    "Come hither and yon to the farm we go ~ where crops are fresh, the animals happy and the manure... ripe"

I generally cast off sugar, dairy, fish, and lobster boats, though sometimes I do them if I have Tom on hire.

At one time, I actually cast off 4-5 boats in a row as they kept asking for sugar and dairy items!

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Me too, knitgal - it happened last weekend. 4 boats in a row asking for sugar/dairy and fish/lobster. Umm...NOT. Especially when they want what, 3 lobsters per crate and 6 fish? No way! To answer the OP, I cast off all boats that would embarrass me to ask for help on (yes, that was HORRIBLE grammar). That includes all fish/lobster and sugar/dairy except for syrup, of which I keep enough in stock to fill boats (and my daughter helps those crates). And if I see a carrot juice boat, I send them off about half the time, too, because they want ridiculous amounts per crate. Like...8 or 10. Now popcorn boats are a blast because you can find popcorn all over the place. Same with bread, plus you can make enough in the four-hour window to fill your crates (though I rarely ever have enough to fill someone else's unless I've been on a bread-making binge, in which case I never find anyone needing all that bread!). Jam boats I will fill and not feel bad about asking for help because I help others' jam boats too. So basically anything I'll fill for others, I'll ask for help with.

Wow, my English today is deplorable. Bear with me folks, just put a dunce cap on me and put me in the corner. With my iPhone. :P
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108
    I play daily and help a lot and appreciate those lovelies who help me!

If it's better used elsewhere, adios boat! I cast off any boat asking for all dairy, sugar, seafoods. I also cast off boats asking for jam, unless I have it in stock. If it wants two types of jam, I cast that off too. I just had a boat ask for two types of jam last week and I'm pretty attached to my jams. I sometimes cast off boats asking for large numbers of popcorns, depends on if I feel like making or looking for it. Just as I am a lazy fisher, I am a lazy boat supplier.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; March 24th, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Banned
    I used to cast off all sugar and dairy boats. But I'm at the stage of this game where I'm filling all boats just to stay challenged. Cream boats? No problem. Sugar boats? No problem. Jam boats? No problem. It helps when ur a hoarder and ur barn size allows for the hoarding .

The last time I casted off a boat was when it was asking for brown sugar for the third consecutive time. 90+ brown sugar for 3 boats was a bit excessive :/. Other than that, I rarely cast off boats nowadays...I try to do them all.

I cast off most sugar and dairy boats unless I have the stock rarely happens!
    I also will cast off fish boats if I am short of fish. I make sure I can fill the crates, flag three for other people and if not filled in a reasonable time I fill them.

Farm Level 176. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Shealie54 View Post
    Me too, knitgal - it happened last weekend. 4 boats in a row asking for sugar/dairy and fish/lobster. Umm...NOT. Especially when they want what, 3 lobsters per crate and 6 fish? No way! To answer the OP, I cast off all boats that would embarrass me to ask for help on (yes, that was HORRIBLE grammar). That includes all fish/lobster and sugar/dairy except for syrup, of which I keep enough in stock to fill boats (and my daughter helps those crates). And if I see a carrot juice boat, I send them off about half the time, too, because they want ridiculous amounts per crate. Like...8 or 10. Now popcorn boats are a blast because you can find popcorn all over the place. Same with bread, plus you can make enough in the four-hour window to fill your crates (though I rarely ever have enough to fill someone else's unless I've been on a bread-making binge, in which case I never find anyone needing all that bread!). Jam boats I will fill and not feel bad about asking for help because I help others' jam boats too. So basically anything I'll fill for others, I'll ask for help with.

Wow, my English today is deplorable. Bear with me folks, just put a dunce cap on me and put me in the corner. With my iPhone. :P
    You preposition sentence ender! How's that for grammar!

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!