Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you "cast off" boats and why?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Actually, time wise, it is better to cast off the boat if it is going to take you a long time to fill. If it takes you nine hours to fill a hard boat, for example, you get fewer boat points maybe ten. But if you send it off,get an easy one four hours later, fill it immediately you get 34-36, if four hours later you get another easy one, that's 36 more. If you didn't cast off the hard one, you are still working on it and will not get 36 points much less the 72 you got by casting it off for two easy ones. Just a tip from a former captains achievement helper.
    Thanks for the tips. I already take that into consideration. . If a boat takes more time to fill then to cast off, i cast off. But i've built up a nice storage of items, so i almost never have to make that choice.
    Android player - Level 50+ - Achievements: 92/99

All this talk about casting off boats but nobody mentions how it's done! This is the first I've heard of being able to do that with boats. Can someone enlighten me on how you can decline boat orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackitty View Post
    All this talk about casting off boats but nobody mentions how it's done! This is the first I've heard of being able to do that with boats. Can someone enlighten me on how you can decline boat orders?
    You press the boat icon that you use to send a finished boat away. You must make sure that you don't fill any boxes or ask for any help though, just cast it off straight away. You get a new one four hours later

I will cast anything that is too difficult and time consuming boat order. For example 4 crates of anything that that relates to jam, juice, dairy, cakes, sugar or bread.

However, there are times I want to challenge myself to either have the products or find the products for those boat orders.
    GC: spoonable
    Hay Day daily player

Huh??

Why would you cast of a boat???? Just because you cannot fill all of the crates, you can still earn Level Up Stars and Coins by trying and filling those crates that you can. You gain nothing by sending the boat away. You then still have to wait the 4 hours. I have never sent a boat away. In the beginning, I would miss out on filling all the crates, but anyone above about level 30 or so should easily be able to work the boats to their advantage. Without much effort you should easily be able to send 4 or 5 filled boats off a day. Its not hard to do. When the dock is empty just after the ship leaves, tap it and it will tell you what you need. Start manufacturing, planting etc. You can knock out most of the items easily. When the ship arrives, you'll know how much of each you need and should be able to knock out at least half of the crates as soon as the boat arrives. If you use Tom, you can fill all of them within minutes to an hour of the boat docking. Occasionally you'll need to ask for help. Don't be afraid to ask for help, its all part of the game. The real prize is the bonus Stars and Colored Tickets for sending off the filled boat. A typical day for me is I get up, and power up my device and open the game. The boat comes in and I check what quantities I need. Previously I had been manufacturing and growing the items it said I would need. I fill crates as many as I can, then use Tom to fill in the rest. Ship is sent within minutes of arrival. I see what is next. I start manufacturing those items and using Tom every 2 hours to get the hard items that take a ton of time. Ship arrives 4 or 5 hours later and I have most of the shipment, and use Tom to get the last and send the boat. I repeat as many times as I can per day. Tip. Before you hit the sack for the night. If the boat is due to come in close to bed time, close the game and do not open it until the next morning. Even though the ship was due in half an hour last night, it will not officially arrive and the clock will not start until you open the game the next morning.

Gamer56

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer56 View Post
    Why would you cast of a boat???? Just because you cannot fill all of the crates, you can still earn Level Up Stars and Coins by trying and filling those crates that you can. You gain nothing by sending the boat away. You then still have to wait the 4 hours. I have never sent a boat away. In the beginning, I would miss out on filling all the crates, but anyone above about level 30 or so should easily be able to work the boats to their advantage. Without much effort you should easily be able to send 4 or 5 filled boats off a day. Its not hard to do. When the dock is empty just after the ship leaves, tap it and it will tell you what you need. Start manufacturing, planting etc. You can knock out most of the items easily. When the ship arrives, you'll know how much of each you need and should be able to knock out at least half of the crates as soon as the boat arrives. If you use Tom, you can fill all of them within minutes to an hour of the boat docking. Occasionally you'll need to ask for help. Don't be afraid to ask for help, its all part of the game. The real prize is the bonus Stars and Colored Tickets for sending off the filled boat. A typical day for me is I get up, and power up my device and open the game. The boat comes in and I check what quantities I need. Previously I had been manufacturing and growing the items it said I would need. I fill crates as many as I can, then use Tom to fill in the rest. Ship is sent within minutes of arrival. I see what is next. I start manufacturing those items and using Tom every 2 hours to get the hard items that take a ton of time. Ship arrives 4 or 5 hours later and I have most of the shipment, and use Tom to get the last and send the boat. I repeat as many times as I can per day. Tip. Before you hit the sack for the night. If the boat is due to come in close to bed time, close the game and do not open it until the next morning. Even though the ship was due in half an hour last night, it will not officially arrive and the clock will not start until you open the game the next morning.

Gamer56
    people, me included, do it when multiples of dairy, sugar and fish items are needed.
    Yes you get xp and coins when you fill crates but it doesn't earn you as many coins as using the sugar, dairy etc items in other things which will sell for higher value in the rss. If a boat wants four crates each wanting six brown sugar, you'll not get as many coins per crate than you would if you use those six brown sugars to make cookies and you'll get more coins selling the cookies than you would filling the crates. It depends what you are filling crates for - if you're doing it for the vouchers on completing a boat, then that's one thing but if you want coins then boats aren't always the best way of raising money quickly.

using tom to fill crates for boats for some people, again, me included, is not an effective way of using him. I'd rather use him to get jewelry which I can sell and make a massive profit on or get him to get shovels to get diamonds out of the mine than have him fetch a few things to fill crates which don't give large amounts of coins.

its just individual playing style after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer56 View Post

Gamer56
    I can generally fill my boats completely too, but there will be times when you get three jam boats in a row. After the first one wipes out your stock, it is really impossible to make enough jam to fill the next one. Some people can't devote as much time as others to the game. I have seen boats that go down to the last hour and they don't get filled. Yes that boat will float away unfilled but the vouchers and points won't get awarded.

Using Tom isn't always an option for some and isn't always the best use of their diamonds if they have any at all. It depends on how they play and what resources they have. Yes diamonds can be bought but some don't want to do that and some just can't. Kids with no credit card for instance.

If your goals are to master a machine, you may be putting all your sugar, dairy or fish into that machine and consider that a better use of your resources. At that point casting off the boat is not only possible but desirable. Rather than leave that boat in dock for 16-17 hours and hope your friends will fill it or hope you can find the desired items for sale, it can be cast off in hopes of getting a boat that isn't asking for things you don't have. If you really need coins, boats aren't the best way to get coins.

I am lucky enough that my friends will even fill sugar, fish and dairy boats for me. But many of my friends are former members of the Captain's helper thread, or people who we helped get that captains hat. They fill my boats almost all the time.

I agree with you that people should not be afraid to ask for help and sometimes leaving that boat unfilled is a good idea because it can take the stress off as they seek to build up their stock of other items too. Sometimes it gives them the chance to make enough coins to buy those next machines that they have unlocked but weren't able to buy.

You say they gain nothing by turning the boat away. That's not necessarily true. While that boats sits there for 16 hours so does the stock they put there. Consider something else. I can take the stock I put on the boat and partially fill many other peoples boats getting The same XP, coins and boat points plus points toward the co-op achievement. All I don't get is the 17-19 points and extra XP and voucher IF and only IF I manage to finally fill that boat. If I send it off hopefully in that same 16 -17 hours I can get three - four easier boats to fill and get over 100 - 125 points and 3-4 vouchers in that same time.

Anyway. You asked why anyone would cast off a boat. Those are some of the reasons. I generally do exactly what you do and have never had a boat go away unfilled but having worked with the captains helpers, I have seen many of us scramble to help fill candidates boats because they can't send them off. It's not always as easy as you make it seem.

Tigg

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Quote Originally Posted by Melly2014 View Post
    people, me included, do it when multiples of dairy, sugar and fish items are needed.
    Yes you get xp and coins when you fill crates but it doesn't earn you as many coins as using the sugar, dairy etc items in other things which will sell for higher value in the rss. If a boat wants four crates each wanting six brown sugar, you'll not get as many coins per crate than you would if you use those six brown sugars to make cookies and you'll get more coins selling the cookies than you would filling the crates. It depends what you are filling crates for - if you're doing it for the vouchers on completing a boat, then that's one thing but if you want coins then boats aren't always the best way of raising money quickly.

using tom to fill crates for boats for some people, again, me included, is not an effective way of using him. I'd rather use him to get jewelry which I can sell and make a massive profit on or get him to get shovels to get diamonds out of the mine than have him fetch a few things to fill crates which don't give large amounts of coins.

its just individual playing style after all!
    Exactly. You posted while I was writing and put it very clearly. Sometimes it's just better to let one go!

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Also, if you partially fill the boat, you will have to wait 16 hrs for it to leave on its own, then another 4 for the next one to arrive. If you cast it off empty, only have to wait 4 hrs for the next one.

That being said, sometimes i just ignore boats if I am concentrating on an event or replenishing stock.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

At the Boom Beach Cafe making carrot burgers
    How do you cast the boats off?
    TC likes carrots on his burgers.
    no, this is not clickable