View Poll Results: Is Thread Helpful?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

307 86.72%
  • No

47 13.28%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ultimate Guide:ALL ABOUT clan for NEW CLASHERS! [Manners] [Keeping Good Reputation]

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika[Supercell] View Post

Remember that everyone in the clan can't have more troops donations than troop requests.
    Actually Marika, this is a common misconception. It presumes that you are dealing with exactly the same membership over time. When you boot as many leeches as my clan does, you realize that all those leeched donations make it entirely possible.

I get that not everyone agrees with the "Give as Much as you Take" philosophy of clans like mine. It certainly has pros and cons.
    Clan: RaidNChill - http://raidnchill.org - Active, Respectful, Polite, No Cussing or Vulgarity... WANTED: Mature players looking for a well run, high donating clan, Level 10 War Clan. Experience level 50+, Non rushed, .5 bases welcome.

What is Elder for?

I haven't seen an answer to this elsewhere (mostly because the forum has too many posts to search efficiently...), but what is the Elder for? I am in a nice little clan, and I like to help others, so my donate-to-receive ratio is typically more than 2-1.

I assume because of that, I got promoted to Elder. I can't see any new buttons in my UI that give me promote/demote/kick-out powers. So what is the point of being an Elder?

thanks in advance
    zeke

Point of elder

Quote Originally Posted by zekorama View Post
    I haven't seen an answer to this elsewhere (mostly because the forum has too many posts to search efficiently...), but what is the Elder for? I am in a nice little clan, and I like to help others, so my donate-to-receive ratio is typically more than 2-1.

I assume because of that, I got promoted to Elder. I can't see any new buttons in my UI that give me promote/demote/kick-out powers. So what is the point of being an Elder?

thanks in advance
    zeke
    Well,they had all those powers but a lof of clashers trolled clans by kicking everyone out...So they added cooldown to kick

Also,elders cant demote becuz well, they cant demote members becuz thats lowest position and cant demote same posistion either..

And,promoting trolls who promoted everyone was a issue so they made promoting power go away..

Elder's point is to look after clan if no coleader/leader is on. Also,they can accept or decline players as normal. And kick out the Offensive/spammers etc
    Retired from Lunar Rising
    Forum Chatters Originator
    [Clan Guide Sticky] [Event Rates]

how do i make a good clan

what is the most important thing to be a leader

Quote Originally Posted by joshman1012 View Post
    It is to have trust and be most active out of all members.
    Be fair to all of your members.
    And other things you should is listed on this thread!
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Koof View Post
    This is a great thread. I do have to say, being the founder of PENNIES 2 and being there a while, it is a good idea to let your leader know if you would like to be elder, but as leader you should appoint who you want to be elder. Co-leader is given to people you trust for sure and may have started the clan with you. To appoint higher rankings, trust must be earned and they are not handed to you when someone walks in. Just throwing that out there from a leader's perspective.
    Best clasn id found here handed out coleader to inactive players who didnt contribute because she promised them the spot, such a shame! Had to leave. I play daily and after 1 month of playing am at lvl 50. I sincerely hope that promise was worth it.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joshman1012 View Post
    IMO you need to clearly communicate what you believe, and then stick to enforcing those beliefs in a fair, polite and consistent manner.

If you are not consistent or you treat some people with favoritism you will have lots of problems gaining the respect you need as a leader.

I strongly suggest anyone that enjoyed this thread to take a look at our clan wiki.

raidnchill.wikia.com
    Clan: RaidNChill - http://raidnchill.org - Active, Respectful, Polite, No Cussing or Vulgarity... WANTED: Mature players looking for a well run, high donating clan, Level 10 War Clan. Experience level 50+, Non rushed, .5 bases welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by donoh7100 View Post
    -Making Clans-

The Founding-
    -Make a clan with group of people that looks loyal and more.
    -ALWAYS have clan on INVITE ONLY.
    -Have Requirements to join as your elders/co leaders can accept on that basis.
    Stupid question, I know, but I'm stupid so I'll ask it anyway ... if everybody had their clans on "invite only," how would a new player, with a newly built clan castle, ever get into a clan?

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophes View Post
    pretty much basic knowledge for a smart person.... but great thread for the average American!
    I have found it is very helpful to show respect and interest in everyone's culture. We have members from the east coast of the US to New Zealand, Australia and China.

I have also found it beneficial to a clan to have a Leader who: 1) Is normally on-line every day to answer questions and mentor other members; 2) has a rational basis for the rules they have; and 3) has a lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRogue View Post
    I have found it is very helpful to show respect and interest in everyone's culture. We have members from the east coast of the US to New Zealand, Australia and China.

I have also found it beneficial to a clan to have a Leader who: 1) Is normally on-line every day to answer questions and mentor other members; 2) has a rational basis for the rules they have; and 3) has a lot of patience.
    Great answers!!