Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [GUIDE] How to build and run your own clan successfully

Thumbs Up [GUIDE] How to build and run your own clan successfully

EDIT!! - Before you rate this thread low, I want to let you know that I have not been able to complete my other parts because of all the final exams in this school. So don't rate this thread one star just because you think I'm lazy.
    School first, not this, so don't be a jerk and rate this thread low, just wait and be patient for the next parts

Section 1 / 10 (Table of contents)

Section 1 / 10 (Table of contents)

• Section 1.5 - Sub sections

Section 2 / 10 (Creating your clan & choosing your clan name)

• Section 2.3 - Choosing original clan names
    • Section 2.7 - Filling out the rest of your new clan form

Section 3 / 10 (What you should know about creating new clans + recommendations)

• Section 3.3 - Starting a clan with one of your friends
    • Section 3.7 - New members

Section 4 / 10 (Beginning to recruit and places to recruit)

• Section 4.2 - Recruiting on global chat, the pros and cons and how to recruit the right way
    • Section 4.4 - Recruiting on clan talk sub forum, the pros and cons and how to recruit the right way
    • Section 4.6 - Recruiting on clan websites / fan websites, pros and cons and how to recruit the right way.

Section 5 / 10 (Keeping a safe environment and clan hoppers)

• Section 5.3 - Reason to NEVER give free elder, co-leader, or leader
    • Section 5.5 - Hoppers + Types of hoppers
    • Section 5.7 - Clan emergencies + immediate actions in situations
    • Section 5.9 - Trustfulness

Section 6 / 10 (Keeping a fair requirement)

• Section 6.3 - Clan donations and other requirements
    • Section 6.5 - Kicking non loyal members
    • Section 6.8 - Keeping member's donations equal or fair + Scenarios
    • Section 6.9 - Increasing requirements as clan keeps on growing

Section 7 / 10 (Making connections / friendships with your clanmates)

• Section 7.3 - Ways to communicate outside Clash of Clans
    • Section 7.5 - Reasons to make friendships in CoC
    • Section 7.7 - Making friends on forums
    • Section 7.9 - Getting friends through GC, Google +, facebook, twitter, etc

Section 8 / 10 (Creating new sister / feeder clans)

• Section 8.2 - Why create feeder clans?
    • Section 8.4 - Picking new trustful leaders and members for new feeder clans
    • Section 8.6 - Controlling multiple clans at one time
    • Section 8.8 - Expanding into even more clans

Section 9 / 10 (More things to make your clan noticeable)

• Section 9.3 - Youtube channels for clans
    • Section 9.5 - Spotlights
    • Section 9.7 - Clan websites
    • Section 9.9 - Trophy pushes and donation competitions

Section 10 / 10 (Conclusion)

• Section 10.3 - F&Q's (Frequently asked questions)
    • Section 10.8 - Q&A's (Questions and answers)

Section 2 / 10 (Creating your clan & choosing your clan name)
    In this section I will be explain the basics of creating your clan and what you should know WHEN you chose your clan. Many people don't actually realize these things and end up doing bad on something they could of done better, and I'll be talking about it here.

Section 2.3 - Choosing an original clan name

One of the things many people don't realize is choosing your own clan name, many players choose names that are totally unoriginal and therefore have been chosen numerous amounts of times in the past, there are many names that have been chosen in the past and some of them have over 20 pages of clans with the exact same name, so when you are choosing your clan name, do not choose these below which are examples of ones that have been chosen numerous amounts of times
    • Best clan
    • Clashers
    • Clash of clans
    • fire
    • North 44
    • Cool clan

If you were to search any of these clan names below, you will probably get hundreds of results and now your clan is someone in there, you won't want to search for your clan which will probably take a long time and there is no fun in that at all
    I searched the clan fire as an example and this is what I got..

Yeah it wouldn't be fun at all to search through all of this, so do not pick any of these clan names! The best thing to do when you come up with a clan name is to search for it using the clan search bar. If you see that the name you thought of has a lot of results, the you probably shouldn't pick that one, so keep thinking of unique original clan names, when you feel that you have found one that is the most original that you can think of, then you are good to go for your clan name!

Section 2.7 - Filling out the rest of the new clan form

Now that we have got the clan name covered, let's look at the rest of the things before we pay up and officially create the clan.

Clan symbol:

Here you pick which clan symbol you would want and one that would fit in the most according to your clan name. Pick something that you think would fit in into the theme of your clan, of course you can always edit the symbol even after you have created the clan, but it's best that you worry about this here and not later

Clan description:
    In this box, you will put in whatever description you want for your clan so other people can see for when they view your clan. Usually when you create an entirely new clan you will want to put something like
    • We have just started a new clan, we are recruiting new members, you must donate 500 a season to stay in the clan

But it's up to you

Clan type:
    There's three different join types in clash of clans, which they are
    • Anyone can join
    • Invite only
    • Closed

You would definitely want to start out the clan by putting it on open status, this way members that are interested in joining can join right away without having to request or anything, remember, you would want to get any new members when you start a new clan, whether they are lvl 20 or lvl 80

Trophy requirements:
    Here you would fill in the requirement for trophies, the trophies you pick would depend on who can join and who cannot
    Generally, when you start a new clan, you would want to put the requirement on a low trophy count, like 600. This way, almost anyone can join except for people that barely barely started the game

Payment:
    Last but not least, pay the gold required to make the clan and boom! You have officially started a new clan!

Section 3 / 10 (What you should know about a new clan + Recommendations)
    Here I will be explaining on some things you should know when you have barely started a new clan, plus some things I would recommend when you start a new one

Section 3.3 - Starting a clan with one of your friends

One thing I would really recommend when you start a new clan is to get some help from one of your friends that you might know in real life or one in game friend that you have made in the past. You might be thinking, "but I don't have any friends yet on CoC, I just started" Well that is perfectly fine as well, but the reason why a partner would be recommended is because it can make it so much easier in the future when you are recruiting or when you need someone to take control for a while because you need to do something outside the clan. It's someone that you can COMPLETELY trust, that you know that he would never kick everyone out or that he will never cuss or act immature in the clan, it's almost like your sidekick.

If you don't have anyone you know in clash of clans, then you can still run the clan on your own! Just look at the rest of the guide and you'll know that you can do it

Section 3.7 - New members

Something you should really know is that when you create a new clan, people are not just gonna join randomly, you need to start recruiting which I will explain in the next section, but if new members do ever pop up in your clan, you shouldn't trust them right away. You should leave him / her at "Member" status for several weeks until you know that you can trust him.

The thing is, when you have less then 10 players in your clan, it is very hard to try and keep players in your clan, and they eventually think it's boring and will end up leaving. This is very normal is will happen to every new clan when it barely starts, so don't worry about it. I will go more in depth on how you should recruit in the next section

Section 4 / 10 (Beginning to recruit and places to recruit)
    There are MANY places you can recruit, and it's not just in clash of clans, it can be outside the game and here I'll be explaining the different types of places to recruit and how to recruit in the best way.

Section 4.2 - Recruiting on global chat, the pros and cons and how to recruit the right way

This is one of the most known ways to recruit members in your clan. But you should know, that this place is actually not the best area to recruit, there are many cons in global that encourage people not to recruit here, but it can still be a place to get members, here are the pros and cons of this reciting type
    Pros:
    • Fastest response when recruiting
    • Invite function to make new members join clans
    • Interactive chat to talk and recruit

Cons:
    • Immature players and kids
    • Possibility of getting reported and banned by players for no reason
    • Possibility of getting muted and no one listening to you
    • There's many people recruiting on global, so there's a small chance that they might pick your clan
    • There are many hoppers lurking in global
    • There's lots of spam in this chat

Overall, there is more cons than pros in this type of recruiting. If I were to give this type of recruiting a rank, I wouldn't give it a high ranking, so overall I'd rank this place a 5 / 10 because of the reasons above. But this doesn't mean that this is a bad place to recruit, you can still get some decent members in your clan there, you just have to do somethings that will encourage them to join, which will be this next paragraph

How to recruit on global the best way
    Okay, so when you are recruiting and talking about your clan, you do not want to spam global with this below (used myself as an example)

This type of stuff is annoying to many of the chatters on global, it can count as spam and can have you end up reported and banned, which is not pretty

Instead of saying that above, you need to make something like a motto for your clan, something that you can put in the chat and at least try to encourage some people to join your clan. again, it is a bad idea to repeat this over and over again since you will most likely get reported for spam. Try something like this below as an example

Again, DO NOT spam this over and over again, the most you should put it is at least 2 times per chat, after that usually players will start to get annoyed and you can end up being reported. If no one is interested in that global, then you can simply switch globals by closing off the app and reopening it again This should at least get you some members! Okay now that we have this covered, I'll not explain the other two ways to recruit outside of Clash of Clans

Section 4.4 - Recruiting on clan talk sub forum, the pros and cons and how to recruit the right way

This is probably the best way to recruit in my opinion, according to all I have seen in the clan talk sub forum since my join date in Nov. I can honestly say that it is a pretty smart place to recruit and you can end up having some pretty loyal members in your clan. The only real downside to this is that you will have to make a forums account, but don't worry, it is free and easy! Just follow these steps below!

Clash of clans
    > Settings > Help and support > Forums > Register (On the top right corner) > Fill in all information and follow the steps

Once you activate your registration and now you can post, the steps from now on are fairly easy!

Clash of clans forum
    > Clan talk sub forum > Clan looking for members sub forum > Post new thread

And now you can post your new recruiting thread! BUT, there are some things that will be strongly recommended for when you make your thread. Some of the things here apply to what I said in global, and I'll go over it again. when you make your thread, try to make it as detailed as possible and also interesting to read it, don't just say "Join" because your thread will most likely end up not getting any responses and no one will be interested in joining your clan

Don't make a thread like this: (Blocked out username to prevent naming and shaming)

^This threads will get ignored and trashed, so unless you don't want any new members, let's not make a thread like that one

When you are making an interesting, detailed thread, you would want to include things like clan banners, clan requirements, your clan history, and some other stuff that will get your viewers interested and maybe apply to your clan

Ryan0412 made an excellent thread on how you can make your own professional recruitment thread:
    [Tips] How to make a clan recruitment thread, professionally.

These down here are recruitment threads that are a perfect example of what I'm talking about

You should also daily check your thread to see if anyone is interested or meets the requirements of your clan, if you see new responses of people wanting to join, welcome them into the clan and feel happy that you have recruited some loyal members from the forums. People that have forums account usually are much more mature and loyal, so you won't be seeing much of "I want elder!" or "Give me leader!"
    Next we will take a small look into making clan websites for recruiting

Section 4.6 - Recruiting on clan websites / fan websites, pros and cons and how to recruit the right way.

I actually won't say that this way of recruiting is the first way you should do it. Recruiting on fan websites or creating your own websites can be a great way to recruit, but many people might not actually pay attention if you just started your clan and if it is low level. This type of recruiting will be recommended when you clan has grown even more and that you have gotten higher lvls in your clan. you may want to start a website once you create on even more clans for your family, which will be section 9 / 10 of this guide, once your clan is in an alliance or family, it would be nice if you create this website
    There are many places where you can create websites, some places include:

Something you should really consider which will apply to all the recruiting ways would be to MAKE YOUR SITE OR THREAD creative. If you create a website that is plain and boring, then no one will probably listen to it, and you don't want that happening. Again, I won't explain much here, but be creative with your website, add clan history, clan banners, and clan facts to keep the audience that is interested in joining your clan not change his mind. Not ,much to explain here anymore for the websites, let's move on to section 5 now!

Edit! - Damn it! I accidentally submitted this thread, I am not finished!

Since it is late I will complete the other half when I have the time
    Last edited by Saltin; April 3rd, 2014 at 06:53 AM.

Putting my village to rest!
    My Stats: IGN- saltinpanti44 / LVL- 90 / TH - 8 / Clan-*Clanless*
    No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

Nice guide! It should really help people wanting to make a clan.

Thanks MathewWang2012 for the sig!
    level 92-TH 9-trophy record: 2679
    Complete base design guide | more links | Join Team Zoom | TS&Q links
    🐹🐶🐹

On a hog, in a Balloon, dropping insults on your base
    Someone is going for a sticky
    IGN: Clark | Invictus Beasts | TR: 3233 | GG: 480m+ | Maxed TH9
    Level: 141 | GC: ClarkTheShnark (add me!) | 46/250 Lavas | FIN: 190 000+
    Follow the Forum Rules or else I'll have to yell at you... and you don't want that
    I'M BACK BABY!!! | Free Gems!

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkTheShnark View Post
    Someone is going for a sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by nathannathan1232 View Post
    Nice guide! It should really help people wanting to make a clan.
    Haha thanks guys!

No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

This looks great so far Saltin, ggood luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieguys View Post
    Thanks!

10 chars

No clan as of now...

Millennial Club
    Looks great so far Saltin!

I have nothing more to say
    ||Cameron||Townhall 7||Lvl 45||

Quote Originally Posted by Pieguys View Post
    Haha
    i was scrolling back to the top so fast that I thought your "the thread was so bad I rated it five stars" was your actual post.
    |Under Estimated|Newish Th10|Aq 34|Bk 22|Hh 5.2|eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee foogus

Quote Originally Posted by TTTIIIMMM View Post
    Haha
    i was scrolling back to the top so fast that I thought your "the thread was so bad I rated it five stars" was your actual post.
    Lol........

No clan as of now...