Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to getting on with this game without spending money on diamonds/coins?

Is there a way to getting on with this game without spending money on diamonds/coins?

HI:

I am on level 27 and so far I have only invested on 10 days for Tom (best inversion ever). But I guess when Tom's days are off I will have to spend money if I want to go on with the game.

Otherwise it will be so boring only cropping and getting milk ...

What do you think? Have you gone very far up without money?
    GC: jimena2--Level 135/35- FINALLY GOT MY 30 TRUCK ORDERS CHALLENGE-after almost 5 years playing

Playing from Spain-English is not my first language

Playing HD since March 2014

It certainly needs a bit of patience, but plenty of people have got to very high levels without spending a penny. I've only spend a couple of pounds here and there (maybe 4 times?) on diamonds when I'm getting frustrated, but really to progress you just have to spend a lot of time playing. I don't, which is why I'm only level 46

I think you're at about the most frustrating point of the game, where machines are unlocking more often than your finances can keep up. As everyone will tell you, just keep selling produce in your roadside stand to generate coins. Suddenly you catch up, but then you've got so much to keep on top of that it gets a lot more interesting, what with boats, fishing, smelters, jewellery...
    GC: Velcrofarm

KIK: Velcrofarm
    Level 52 Town level 9.

Yes there is.

In a nutshell the game is about managing balancing xp and coins and can be played very well for free.

Tom is a great helper if you can have him but it's possible to play without him also the game provides a lot of free diamonds as you go along. There are also ways to make Tom pay for himself by sending him for shovels, dig in the mine sell all the ore you dont use immediately. The diamonds that drop from mining cover Tom's cost if you make enough shovel runs.

If you need coins most then ignore truck orders as they will help you level faster and thus unlocking more machines you need coins for. Sell your stuff in your Road Side Shop for a while for max prices and you will gain coins pretty fast so you can keep up with machines.

Spend the free diamonds you get on extra production slots in your machines and prioritize sugar and dairy. You will need those at higher levels. This will allow you to make more when you can't play a while i.e. more to sell in the mornings. Work on thise masteries so your machines produce faster so keep everything running as you can. You need it to sell anyway for the coins at this point. Roughly I have spent over 1000 diamonds on extra slots (all of them free provided by the game) I maxed the number of slots on 8 machines and everything else except a few (with very long production times) have at least 5 slots.

It is almost impossible to work on everything at once in the game so pick a few priorities and work on those. For example do you really need to open up all the extra land at your level ? Fishing spots yes land not so much yet you can sell extra land expansion items for extra coins instead of hunting and buying them. I was well in the level 40s when they were added to the game and there was only the candy machine to be had at that point.

So yes very possible to play in so many ways for free. But it's a complex game to manage products you need, products you need to store and can store and manage things you need.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    HI:

I am on level 27 and so far I have only invested on 10 days for Tom (best inversion ever). But I guess when Tom's days are off I will have to spend money if I want to go on with the game.

I am level 52 and I have never bought coins or diamonds. I have spent a lot of time playing and the best way is to not do truck or boat orders and just sell everything in your shop...sell sell sell.
    the other thing is to make sure you don't level up too quickly.
    my barn only holds 325 so is well down for a lot of people at my level! But it is easily possible to manage through just selling everything's make.
    this game takes patience though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonistje1 View Post
    For example do you really need to open up all the extra land at your level ? Fishing spots yes land not so much yet you can sell extra land expansion items for extra coins instead of hunting and buying them.
    Definitely agree with that. I'm level 46 and I've started to expand my land now, but not out of any real necessity. I did my fishing spots when I'd repaired the fishing boat, but before that I just sold all the LEMs for coins.
    GC: Velcrofarm

KIK: Velcrofarm
    Level 52 Town level 9.

Thumbs Up

OH yes certainly you can play this game without Diamonds
    It requires al lot of patience, but you can manage everything without Diamonds
    GC Account: Clickalot
    Currently level
    63 Silo 850 & Barn 800
    Achievements 99/108
    Co-Op III, Green Thumb II
    BoomBeach lvl:
    HeadQuarters: 13
    VictoriePoints: 272

On a hog, in a Balloon, dropping insults on your base
    I'm not planning on spending gems. I'm level 18
    IGN: Clark | HH: 2.6m+ | TR: 3233 | GG: 511m+ | Maxed TH9
    Level: 143 | GC: ClarkTheShnark (add me!) | 73/250 Lavas | FIN: 190 000+
    Follow the Forum Rules or else I'll have to yell at you... and you don't want that
    I'M BACK BABY!!! | Free Gems!

Fresh Spawn
    I'm level 44 and didn't spend any real money. Key word: Patience.

Mun

Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    HI:

Fresh Spawn
    Level 49. Never spent any real money. Only gamecoins and diamonds i found and won, in the events and stuff.
    Started playing late 2013, so only a few months.

What they said. I am at level 73 and have only spent maybe $4.00 on diamonds. And I really didn't need to because the free ones are there to be had. I just got impatient. And that will ruin you in this game.

Go hunting for tool boxes. Visit farms, tap the box. If it says it is locked go to the next farm without Xing out of the box. If one opens, go back to your own farm, play a while and they go hunting again. If you are lucky, you may have found a friend who has so filled up their farm that the box always shows up in the same place, or a low level friend who doesn't have much on their land and the box is easy to find. Then you can just refresh their farm over and over till the box opens. You can get a lot of goodies that way.

And for heavens sake read through this forum. Read the stickies read ANY thread that says the same thing as you have. Look for any thread started by someone saying they are new. Over the past few weeks I swear every new person has come here asking the same thing.

How to I make money
    How do I get ahead without spending real money
    What machine should I buy
    What do I do next

And so on

We have answered them all with pretty much the same information, put in so many different ways.
    • Go slow
    • Play a lot
    • Sell everything in your shop
    • Leave the trucks and boat alone till you have enough money for the next machine

I swear I am going to find them all and link to them. The advice is priceless. But if you want to go fast you are playing the wrong game. There is no end to this game, no one wins! So if you are in for the long hall, relax. You'll get there eventually.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!