Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you level?

Fresh Spawn

Lightbulb How do you level?

Hey farmers!

I'm quite new to the Hayday forums in terms of posting,
    and just came here to ask a simple question.
    How do you level up?
    Yesterday morning (AEST) I picked up my phone, and opened Hayday.
    I was level 14 then. I delivered one truck order and got to level 15, since then I am now level 20, with only 500
    EXP 'till level 21.

Thanks,
    Zyxius.

On a hog, in a Balloon, dropping insults on your base
    you level up by getting XP. This can be obtained by harvesting crops, collecting things once you made them, buying things, etc.
    IGN: Clark | Invictus Beasts | TR: 3233 | GG: 480m+ | Maxed TH9
    Level: 141 | GC: ClarkTheShnark (add me!) | 46/250 Lavas | FIN: 190 000+
    Follow the Forum Rules or else I'll have to yell at you... and you don't want that
    I'M BACK BABY!!! | Free Gems!

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkTheShnark View Post
    you level up by getting XP. This can be obtained by harvesting crops, collecting things once you made them, buying things, etc.
    Thanks for trying to help,

I should have made it more specific.
    I know how to level. I tried to propose it as a question

This is what I meant:
    How do YOU level?
    Thanks though,

Zyxius

Fill the orders on the truck delivery order board that have HIGH xp counts.

If a few of them are real low in xp's I tap the trash can to throw that low order away and wait
    for a new one. Tearing off all the low ones. While I work to make or buy what else I need for the
    ones that have higher xp's. It is VERY cool when Hay Day has a truck delivery Event and you will get Double
    XP's during that time. Love that event most

Dont do too many truck deliveries if you are in need of money, you won't get fair value that way. It is the
    fastest way to level up until you are at the level where you can start to fill boat orders (yours and others')
    LEVEL 113 AND LOVIN' THE LEVEL I AM AT WHILE I AM THERE
    LOVE PLAYING IN A "RELAXIN' -TAKIN' -IT -EASY -MANNER” EVERY DAY
    GC: WE ARE FAMILY777

Hay Day isn't about levelling up quickly. If you level up too quickly, you will find you are having to produce goods without having the coins to buy the machines to make those items. It is important to balance levelling up with saving coins.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Hay Day isn't about levelling up quickly. If you level up too quickly, you will find you are having to produce goods without having the coins to buy the machines to make those items. It is important to balance levelling up with saving coins.
    Thanks glademaid, I was going to say the same thing. You can usually tell the age of the poster or their previous game experience by the ones who ask how to level up quickly. Younger people are very anxious to level up as are those who play a lot of video games. Most other games make a big deal about leveling up. Hay day us one of the few that doesn't. In the beginning, it is easy to level up, but it is better not to. Intuitively, the game leans that way, but the smart player, realizes that as soon as the RSS is introduced, all efforts should switch to filling that sucker up and leaving it filled. Sell sell sell. You will still get points just from planting and making goods and tending your animals, but by selling EVERYTHING, you will get enough coins to buy the machines necessary to continue. Eventually, money is less of a hindrance and then leveling is desired. That happens somewhere around the late forties or fifties. But only if you level slowly. Trying to get there fast, won't result in the riches desired. It is sooooo tempting to try and build the biggest barn you can, but in the beginning, you don't need a huge barn, because you should be selling all your end products as quickly as you can, saving only the items needed to make more, like dairy and sugar and some animal products. Those should also be sold at night after the machines have been cued up to have more ready in the morning.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Thanks glademaid, I was going to say the same thing. You can usually tell the age of the poster or their previous game experience by the ones who ask how to level up quickly. Younger people are very anxious to level up as are those who play a lot of video games. Most other games make a big deal about leveling up. Hay day us one of the few that doesn't. In the beginning, it is easy to level up, but it is better not to. Intuitively, the game leans that way, but the smart player, realizes that as soon as the RSS is introduced, all efforts should switch to filling that sucker up and leaving it filled. Sell sell sell. You will still get points just from planting and making goods and tending your animals, but by selling EVERYTHING, you will get enough coins to buy the machines necessary to continue. Eventually, money is less of a hindrance and then leveling is desired. That happens somewhere around the late forties or fifties. But only if you level slowly. Trying to get there fast, won't result in the riches desired. It is sooooo tempting to try and build the biggest barn you can, but in the beginning, you don't need a huge barn, because you should be selling all your end products as quickly as you can, saving only the items needed to make more, like dairy and sugar and some animal products. Those should also be sold at night after the machines have been cued up to have more ready in the morning.

This is the BEST & smartest way to play Hay Day and be set up to be successful! Now, the players who tend to "hoard"
    really should follow through on your well laid out strategy because it will make a huge difference!

People would always say "don't level up too quickly" but didn't say why or what might happen if you
    did. Your comments will clarify that for the newbies.

Thanks Tigg, you have an amazing way of expressing such great advice and point of view many times over !!!
    Last edited by monkeybars; March 12th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
    LEVEL 113 AND LOVIN' THE LEVEL I AM AT WHILE I AM THERE
    LOVE PLAYING IN A "RELAXIN' -TAKIN' -IT -EASY -MANNER” EVERY DAY
    GC: WE ARE FAMILY777

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybars View Post
    This is the BEST & smartest way to play Hay Day and be set up to be successful! Now, the players who tend to "hoard"
    really should follow through on your well laid out strategy because it will make a huge difference!

People would always say "don't level up too quickly" but didn't say why or what might happen if you
    did. Your comments will clarify that for the newbies.

Thanks Tigg, you have an amazing way of expressing such great advice and point of view many times over !!!
    Awwww thanks. I feel like I have said this same thing soooo many times lately. Either it's my imagination or there are so many new players and forum members lately. All asking the same thing. I first thought of putting everything down and adding a read me first title, but we know that no one reads them, so I guess I'll just keep on yammering as long as I have the energy. Lol

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

I'd never done any gaming before Hay Day, so this was all new to me. I didn't even know the terminology, i.e. "leveling up," "XP," etc. I called them little blue stars and was tickled whenever I leveled up, but I know I didn't do it too quickly because, except for the lobster pool, I bought every machine as it came available. Hold on, I waited on the juice machine, too, and discovered quickly that it wasn't wise to wait. Been leveling up steadily ever since, but not on purpose. I'm always a little surprised when the banner pops up telling me I've advanced. It's just another factor and reason of why I love this silly game so much. You can take it at your own speed and still make progress. There's no NEED to whiz to the top.
    Shea
    Level: 83 (how on earth did THAT happen?!); Town level 21; TT III; Captain III; BSH3; 107/108
    I play daily and help a lot and appreciate those lovelies who help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Awwww thanks. I feel like I have said this same thing soooo many times lately. Either it's my imagination or there are so many new players and forum members lately. All asking the same thing. I first thought of putting everything down and adding a read me first title, but we know that no one reads them, so I guess I'll just keep on yammering as long as I have the energy. Lol
    I have been telling my 12 year old niece this very strategy for months. Several times a week I get a text demanding to know my gold status. After replying, I always get this text: "how do you get so much gold????!!!!! I only have X gold". And there she sits at much too high a level in regards to amount of gold, missing 5 machines and the fishing boat, geting orders for items she can not produce herself, and spending her last gold on buying juice and ice cream from the DD. *sigh* If only she would listen!
    Last edited by makeupinternet; May 16th, 2014 at 02:36 AM.