Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: confused about helping fill others boats, and mine

confused about helping fill others boats, and mine

So I was convinced I should open the boat and I've been filling it and have had several kind folks also fill a little but I'm still new new new to the boat. I'm confused about some things. The amounts (numbers of things) required to fill the boxes seems a little high so I'm wondering about this, if the box requires 8 of something and I have 4, but can't make or acquire the other four, can someone finish the box? If they can and they do, do I lose the money and time it took to put the first 4 items in the box and they get the credit and coins? That would be fine with me, I just want to know.

Also, when you tap the pier it tells you what the next boat is going to want. It I don't have that item and can't make it because I don't have the machine, even though it available, like the juice machine (can't see buying that) I can search and buy those but it's a money loser for me. Again, that's okay I just want to make sure that I'm looking at the economics of it right. Is it more valuable to sail a boat and maybe lose a bit on one or two boxes but get the experience, etc? I also want to help people but never have 8 creams or 10 sugars. The other thing is that I can never find them again if I do have enough come off the machines to help them, how do you save someone so you can go back and help them?

Unfortunately you can't fill half a crate it's all or nothing
    On android unless can also link my farm to iPod but only play on android phone not using game center (if you can assist this pm me)
    Facebook: Quentan Adams (message me let me know you play hay day)
    Kik: Corruptibleme

Quote Originally Posted by ladam3 View Post
    So I was convinced I should open the boat and I've been filling it and have had several kind folks also fill a little but I'm still new new new to the boat. I'm confused about some things. The amounts (numbers of things) required to fill the boxes seems a little high so I'm wondering about this, if the box requires 8 of something and I have 4, but can't make or acquire the other four, can someone finish the box? If they can and they do, do I lose the money and time it took to put the first 4 items in the box and they get the credit and coins? That would be fine with me, I just want to know.

Also, when you tap the pier it tells you what the next boat is going to want. It I don't have that item and can't make it because I don't have the machine, even though it available, like the juice machine (can't see buying that) I can search and buy those but it's a money loser for me. Again, that's okay I just want to make sure that I'm looking at the economics of it right. Is it more valuable to sail a boat and maybe lose a bit on one or two boxes but get the experience, etc? I also want to help people but never have 8 creams or 10 sugars. The other thing is that I can never find them again if I do have enough come off the machines to help them, how do you save someone so you can go back and help them?
    If you can't finish an entire crate then the boat will leave unfinished and you won't get any coins, xp or vouchers. It doesn't matter if it's only one crate unfinished, then you won't get anything from the entire thing. A helper has to help with an entire crate, you can't use them to finish the extra 4 of the 8 as per your example.

If the next boat wants items you don't have/can't make, then you can send the boat away unstarted by pressing the boat icon at the bottom (the button you use to send a finished boat away). You must do this before starting the boat, don't even ask for help with it, just press the button, the boat will go and then you wait another four hours for a new one and you can then see whether that is a boat you can fill.

You cant go back to find them unless they are one of your friends.

whether it's more valuable to sail a boat and lose coins on them by having bought the items rather than making them yourself is up to you....it depends whether you are sailing boats for coins, money or vouchers. For me I use boats as a way to make vouchers rather than coins or xp.

If you never have 10 cream or sugar etc, then expand your barn storage so that you can store more items

Quote Originally Posted by Melly2014 View Post
    If you can't finish an entire crate then the boat will leave unfinished and you won't get any coins, xp or vouchers. It doesn't matter if it's only one crate unfinished, then you won't get anything from the entire thing. A helper has to help with an entire crate, you can't use them to finish the extra 4 of the 8 as per your example.

If the next boat wants items you don't have/can't make, then you can send the boat away unstarted by pressing the boat icon at the bottom (the button you use to send a finished boat away). You must do this before starting the boat, don't even ask for help with it, just press the button, the boat will go and then you wait another four hours for a new one and you can then see whether that is a boat you can fill.

You cant go back to find them unless they are one of your friends.

whether it's more valuable to sail a boat and lose coins on them by having bought the items rather than making them yourself is up to you....it depends whether you are sailing boats for coins, money or vouchers. For me I use boats as a way to make vouchers rather than coins or xp.

If you never have 10 cream or sugar etc, then expand your barn storage so that you can store more items
    Okay, that's very helpful, thank you all.

I would add... Join a friendly neighborhood and use the chat feature to ask other members to help. If you have 4 sugars and need 8, for example, maybe one or more neighborhood friends will sell, give, or trade you 4 sugars. It's the chat feature that makes it so great.

also, if you are on an apple device, join Game Center and ask lots of people to be your Game Center friend. Advantage here is you get a tab with each Game Center friend listed at the bottom of your hayday screen. Then you can always find them again.
    Cathycarygirl also GC name. Level 87. town level 19. Daily player, several times a day. I help with boats and plants, try to offer interesting RSS items. Rarely able to help with sugar or dairy products, sorry. Always have wheat at 10 for 10, sometimes 10 for 1. Pick up visitors from all levels. Moo! Play on!

Here's my rule of thumb, but keep in mind, I have a lot of friends on my list and many are above and below my level. If I need help on more than four crates, especially if they are for longer growing or making things, I send it on its way. If I need help for more than ONE dairy or sugar crate, off it goes. If it calls for more than one type of the following items: fish filets, lobster tails, dairy or sugar mill items, off it goes.

Now remember, I have been playing for a long time and have cultivated an ideal friend base, but I know I can get help on at least two maybe thread crates of the dreaded triad( fish, dairy, sugar). I can even get help with jams because my friends have been playing a long time also and they have big barns full of these things, just for helping boats. But until you have both those things, a lot of veteran friends and a large barn, it is usually safer to send the boat away if it has too many of those things.

You have about 15-16 hours to fill the boat, but unless you play a lot, that might not be enough time. There is usually enough time to make all the items for at least one crate of the hard things, if you play a lot or have a lot of production slots. Unless you are working on your captains achievement, it is usually best to send the tough ones on their way and hope for a better boat. At the beginning, what you really need is coins and it is far better to sell your stuff in the shop for those. If you haven't gotten your captains achievement yet, I suggest you do it early, but also get assistance from some higher level friends, or post on the boat help thread, but make sure you tell them you are going for your captains. People are more likely to help you when you tell them that because they know you can't cast off those hard boats.

Hope that helps. As you can see, thee isn't an easy one size fits all answer to this question.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Oh a couple more things. Melly suggested you get a bigger barn so you can store more items. That's great advice, but if that's not possible, you can also stack things outside your machine. In my signature is a link to the turbo trucker thread. The second post tells you how to stockpile or stack things by doing the barn dance. If barn space is low, I suggest doing that especially before you go for captains. And like someone else said, get yourself many more friends and a good neighborhood . But make sure they know you are working on this achievement. It is considered poor form to continually ask for goods except when you have to. Folks know you don't ever HAVE to ask for things unless you are doing the captains achievement or the trucker one. They are unique because they are timed or need to be consecutive.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

these fine folks have given you great helpful hints /advice.

You mentioned not buying the juice machine. I recommend you do. There are other products coming that require juices.

if you are on game centre, you can add me: RRAMMIE
    SCORCHED EARTH CHALLENGE SURVIVOR! (completed Feb 5, 6:48pm)
    level 112 If it's in my store ~ it's for sale. Buy one or buy it all ~ that's why it's there .
    "Come hither and yon to the farm we go ~ where crops are fresh, the animals happy and the manure... ripe"

I agree with all advice & I will add...

- you can follow a farm by tapping on the little button by their name if you want to return to fill a crate. Then unfollow them when you are done by tapping same button. I think we can follow 5 farms at a time so I just cycle through people I can help.

- also, if you flag 3 crates, fill up your rss (even if it's just with wheat) and place ad after ad until crates get filled. Usually only takes a few minutes.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Here's my rule of thumb, but keep in mind, I have a lot of friends on my list and many are above and below my level. If I need help on more than four crates, especially if they are for longer growing or making things, I send it on its way. If I need help for more than ONE dairy or sugar crate, off it goes. If it calls for more than one type of the following items: fish filets, lobster tails, dairy or sugar mill items, off it goes.

Now remember, I have been playing for a long time and have cultivated an ideal friend base, but I know I can get help on at least two maybe thread crates of the dreaded triad( fish, dairy, sugar). I can even get help with jams because my friends have been playing a long time also and they have big barns full of these things, just for helping boats. But until you have both those things, a lot of veteran friends and a large barn, it is usually safer to send the boat away if it has too many of those things.

You have about 15-16 hours to fill the boat, but unless you play a lot, that might not be enough time. There is usually enough time to make all the items for at least one crate of the hard things, if you play a lot or have a lot of production slots. Unless you are working on your captains achievement, it is usually best to send the tough ones on their way and hope for a better boat. At the beginning, what you really need is coins and it is far better to sell your stuff in the shop for those. If you haven't gotten your captains achievement yet, I suggest you do it early, but also get assistance from some higher level friends, or post on the boat help thread, but make sure you tell them you are going for your captains. People are more likely to help you when you tell them that because they know you can't cast off those hard boats.

Hope that helps. As you can see, thee isn't an easy one size fits all answer to this question.
    Yes, I'm confused about the friend thing. I would never ask my fb friends to play!!! I know the farmville invites drove me to distraction and I don't want to pester my friends. So not ever having been a player of anything I have no idea how to make friends. I also don't think I can join a neighborhood until I have fixed the burned out house right? I'm trying to figure this out and I am reading but it seems my questions are never anywhere that I can find. I'm playing on my android, no game center so that's not any help.