Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Timing Bug? INFLATED - proof....

★★★ Champion
    i found something interesting while away on vacation the other week. my game on my ipad mini needs wifi for CoC but i would still get alerts as to upgrade completions while away when it wasn't connected to an internet connection which leads me to believe the upgrade times are based on real time from the app somehow rather than server time as i couldn't have gotten an alert otherwise. supercell haven't really officially commented on all the missing upgrade times and it is still an issue for some people. i've never really taken enough notice to know if mine have been off at all.

Quote Originally Posted by facescraper View Post
    i found something interesting while away on vacation the other week. my game on my ipad mini needs wifi for CoC but i would still get alerts as to upgrade completions while away when it wasn't connected to an internet connection which leads me to believe the upgrade times are based on real time from the app somehow rather than server time as i couldn't have gotten an alert otherwise. supercell haven't really officially commented on all the missing upgrade times and it is still an issue for some people. i've never really taken enough notice to know if mine have been off at all.
    ♥♥♥, i got the same few days ago when my gf's iphone got shut off internet for reasons, and we were in a no wifi area, and she had 3G definitely turned off. Suddenly she got a popup saying a cannon finished. When we left the house it had about 45 minutes left.. She asked me about it and i didn't know the answer to it..

Seems like it does have to do with device times... Maybe it IS possible to hack the game lol..

Dont forget: time is money in this game - literally.

And like with a bank error, these never seem to be in user's favor.

I'm bummed out about this, especially since I spent gems 5 nights ago to have this upgrade finish precisely at this hour (10pm).

Quote Originally Posted by Titoezz View Post
    ♥♥♥, i got the same few days ago when my gf's iphone got shut off internet for reasons, and we were in a no wifi area, and she had 3G definitely turned off. Suddenly she got a popup saying a cannon finished. When we left the house it had about 45 minutes left.. She asked me about it and i didn't know the answer to it..

Seems like it does have to do with device times... Maybe it IS possible to hack the game lol..
    Basing it off device times really doesnt make sense either. Also, if that was the case, then we are receiving longer shields than we should be and then there would have to be a separate issue with the upgrade times. Doesnt make much sense with that aspect thrown in.

|Trophy Offer Formulas Discovered!|
    ^Now with a handy table linking offers and cup differences^

RIP Smash Land

The game added about 17 minutes a day to my build - not a lot, and I would t have noticed if I hadn't been so purposeful about the timing. Over five days that 90+ minutes added up, and has screwed me up. It meant enough to me that I spent gems on it - so Supercell made money off this.

Im very interested in what they're response is. Btw, I often get push notifications that a build is finished, and when I log on it still has more time... I'm starting to think all our build times may be affected. Don't believe me? Time one of your builds this week.

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zachUVA View Post
    Well, I am not usually one to be critical of Supercell or be very cynical, but this doesnt really appear to be a bug. If it were, they would have fixed it when it was first, to my knowledge, reported a month ago. It is a clock, not something overly complicated. Very fixable.
    Time keeping can actually be quite complicated. Also it really depends on what mechanism they are using.

Okay, I just gemmed to finish the lab right now (): 7:40pm EST (USA East Coast Time) AND then upgraded my Giants to level 6.

So, 10 days from now -- (Saturday, March 9th) they should finish at 7:40pm, right.

Right?

Let's see what happens.

8:09pm EST just upgraded a level 7 Elixir pump - 2 days. Should be done at 8:09pm (48 hours from now) on March 1st, right.

Right??? :eek:

Let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post
    Time keeping can actually be quite complicated. Also it really depends on what mechanism they are using.
    But why would they be using different mechanisms? It is painfully clear that the shield clock and the upgrade one aren't lining up, so surely they could have fixed this in a month's time if they were interested in doing so.
    Last edited by zachUVA; February 28th, 2013 at 01:19 AM.

|Trophy Offer Formulas Discovered!|
    ^Now with a handy table linking offers and cup differences^

RIP Smash Land

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zachUVA View Post
    But why would they be using different mechanisms? It is painfully clear that the shield clock and the upgrade one aren't lining up, so surely they could have fixed this in a month's time if they were interested in doing so.
    Perhaps they are both wrong. I'm pretty sure people have complained about shield times being off too.

Depends on the cause really. I personally haven't seen this behavior or at least noticed it. All of my buildings complete when I expect them to, so I dunno.

I'm just saying that the bug may be non trivial, or perhaps they know what is causing it but can't fix it. Like maybe the timing mechanism makes use of an apple api they cannot fix, or maybe fixing it is difficult because all of the timing elements in the game use the same code.

I have no idea. I think it's probably safe to assume the issue is non trivial or they would probably fix it.