Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All about boats Guide

All about boats Guide

Since we see so many questions about boats and so many even high level players don’t know about some of the boat features we thought to write a guide about boats.

Level 17

The possibility of getting boats to fill is unlocked at level 17 and you need to repair the dock (16,000 gold) to get the boat.

Boat basics

Boats have crates to fill for a variety of items. In fact the boat can ask for anything you can make and grow.

The boat will not ask for:
    • Animal feeds
    • Metal bars or metal ore
    • Jewelry
    • Expansion items
    • Mining equipment (dynamite, TNT and shovels)
    • Saws and axes.

As soon as you unlock a new machine or new items to make your next boat can ask for these items even if you haven’t bought the machine yet.

The first couple of boats usually start with 6 crates to fill and the number will increase at higher levels to 9 or 12 crates and you get anywhere between 11-18 hours to fill a boat.

After you have send the boat you will get the next boat within 4 hours or earlier if you use diamonds. If you tap on the empty dock you will see the icons for the next set of orders but not the quantities. If the same icon is listed twice the boat will have a double order for that item.

Rewards for filling crates on your boat

You will get a certain amount of gold and xp for filling individual crates on your boat. These are added immediately when filling a crate. Before filling the crate you see the amounts of xp and gold you will receive for a crate. If you can’t complete the shipment before the time expires the boat will leave with the items you have put on it and you do not receive any of the rewards for a full shipment. You don’t get Leader Board point for filling your individual crates.
    Animation for adding gold is delayed:
    The coins for filling a crate are added it's just a delay in the animation.

Try to pay close attention on the next couple of crates you fill. Watch the balance just before you fill a crate then fill the crate and watch the balance afterwards. You will notice that the gold was added immediately upon filling the crate the animation is just behind on the addition of the gold.

Rewards for a complete shipment

• Random voucher for buying pets and decoration items
    • Bonus xp
    • Boat points for the Leader Board. There is a certain amount which you get for the shipment and a bonus amount for speed. The bonus point will be added when you send the boat.

If a full boat leaves by itself when the time expires you will receive all the rewards you get for completing a shipment like the bonus xp, voucher and the boat points. To collect the speed bonus boat point you would need to send a full boat as soon as you can.

Ask for help

You can ask for help on each crate of the boat you like. You have to tap the ask for help button on each crate you would like to open for neighbours or visitors to fill. Having a lot of neighbours and advertising every half hour could help a lot when you need help on a boat.

The people who help you fill the crates will receive the gold and xp for filling your crates.

Filling crates on other boats

If you see a little brown / orange crate sitting on the dock of a farm you visit you can help others fill their boat. You can choose to fill crates on their boats they have flagged for help with the exclamation mark (!) for help needed. The crates you can help with look green. When you do help your neigbours or people you visit through the Daily Dirt (newspaper) you will receive the xp and gold for that crate and also some boat points for the Leader Board depending on which crates / items they fill.

Sending difficult boats empty and get a new one in 4 hours

If a boat has arrived which you don’t like to do because of its difficulty you can send a boat away empty immediately after it has arrived and you will get a new boat in 4 hours. However you need to do this before you fill a single crate or ask for help on any crate. Once you have filled a crate or asked for help you have to either fill the boat or wait for the time to run out.

To send a boat away empty tap on the boat icon of the cargo list. It will ask you to confirm sending. Just confirm and away she goes.

Sending a boat empty is really something worth considering when you have a boat needing sugar and / or dairy products. Not many neighbours and people are willing to help out with sugar as the quantities are often high and most can't keep up with production for their needs. Instead of having the boat sit on the dock the full time choose an easier boat. Vouchers are totally random and difficult boats don't always have better vouchers.

If you are trying to get the Captain III achievement you cannot send boats empty because you need to load consecutive boats.

A video to show how to send boats empty. All credit to Sugarfarm:

Boat Achievements

A lot of achievements in the game are related to boats:

• Captain achievement. The Captain achievement is for filling a certain amount of consecutive boats. 12 boats for Captain III (3 boats for Capt I and 6 boats for Capt II). After achieving I or II you continue into the next one and it does not reset at 0. As difficulty increases with leveling it is recommended to try to get this at lower levels.
    • Stevedore achievement. Fill crates on your and other people’s boats for the gold and this gold will add up for the Stevedore achievement
    • Co-operation achievement: Help other people with their boats and fill a certain amount of crates.
    • Boat score hunter: accumulate a certain number of boat points for the leader board. The boat points are represented with the icon of a ship’s wheel or helm.

Delay arrival
    There are times when it can be useful to delay the arrival of the boat especially when trying to get Captain III or delay arrival in the middle of the night. Usually it will come in after 4 hours however you can delay the arrival by closing the game completely before the boat arrives.

You need to remove Hay Day from the apps running in the background: Close Hay Day. Double tap home button and a bar should appear with the apps running in the background. Press and hold one of them until they start to wiggle and a red circle with a minus appears in the top corner of the apps. You can also choose to completely shut off the device.

The boat will now arrive when you start the game again. This will not bring in the boat early when you restart before the preparation time is over.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; December 15th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Great post

Just one question for your Stevedore achievement I thought it was gold for filling only your own boat?
    Cindy

GC thr*sher
    Level 47
    Captain III, TT III Thanks to the people at Captain Help

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
    Just one question for your Stevedore achievement I thought it was gold for filling only your own boat?
    Well to make it confusing yes and no...

That is what is says in the achievements list when you tap on the main white farm house. However when you load other peoples boats it also adds up for Stevedore. Earlier on in the game we could only fill our own boats and not fill crates for other people. That feature was added in one of the updates at least after I started playing.

Stevedore already existed at the time you could only fill your own boats so that is probably why they are a little out of sync.

Great info, thanks for putting this together! (Delete this is you wish-just wanted to give thanks).

“Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra1168 View Post
    Great info, thanks for putting this together! (Delete this is you wish-just wanted to give thanks).
    Thanks a lot Kendra..

We will probably delete all comments in the future somewhere and just close it because it's mostly reading material..
    We see so many questions on the forum and almost sound like a broken record that we thought we needed a guide because there are so many things to tell about boats.

That being said I just thought of something.. I need to add the information on what if a full boats leaves when the time expires....
    Note to self : Add this ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonistje1 View Post
    Thanks a lot Kendra..

We will probably delete all comments in the future somewhere and just close it because it's mostly reading material..
    We see so many questions on the forum and almost sound like a broken record that we thought we needed a guide because there are so many things to tell about boats.

That being said I just thought of something.. I need to add the information on what if a full boats leaves when the time expires....
    Note to self : Add this ^^

Add the boats don't ask for metal ore (although that obvious taking to account that it doesn't ask for metal bars or jewelry either)
    GC (& Kik): PinkStarbelly
    Tag: 8U99URUY Level: ​106

Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    Add the boats don't ask for metal ore (although that obvious taking to account that it doesn't ask for metal bars or jewelry either)
    Thanks Pink

I will add that too when I am changing it.. What may seem obvious to us might not be that obvious to people who don't know anything about boats yet.

I came on to the forum just now to post a question about boat etiquette. Should I post it somewhere else?

Edit: Never mind. Sorry. I just saw another thread talking about it and I asked my question there.
    Last edited by Raindragon; March 1st, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Centennial Club
    I don't think the boat ask for candy either.
    Hayday: Level 100, RP 19
    Boom Beach: Level 46, HQ 19

Quote Originally Posted by castanaveras View Post
    I don't think the boat ask for candy either.
    I have never seen boat orders asking for candy either however to me these products do seem somewhat different then all the other items I've listed. You never know if they ever decide to change the candy not being needed for boats. If the boat can ask for 18 hrs worth of jam in a crate why couldn't it ask for caramel apple or toffee. If it could ask for 18 hrs of jam in a crate it could just as well ask for 1 20 hour chocolate bar a crate. My guess is the boat will never ask for the other items I listed but candy might just be included at some point. Noting official just something I was thinking.