Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on the farm cubby refit

Down on the farm cubby refit

We have our first piece of furniture then, the wonderfully comfy sofa. Amber looks like she will box anyone who tries to move her though.

And I am sorry Jem, the casting couch just has to stay. We are expecting a lot of dramatic afternoons from you....

Forever to be called 'Jem's Couch' .....

Knitgal has offered to knit some throws and Handyman is buying the beer fridge and knocking up a sofa with materials we are providing from off our farms..... Cant wait to see what you both produce.

Glade are you getting in the Ambrosia?

But dont let me forget HH, Neen, GG, Grumbul, Shea, Love, there is still lots to do, take your choice:
    - paintings, sculptures, pottery etc
    - music playlist
    - carpets, rugs
    - dresser for cocktail glasses etc
    - kitchen unit - i think this should be your job HH as you are already in kitchen buying mode
    - curtains
    - wallpaper or paint

If you can think of anything else we need, please add to the list.

We will have the best decorated cubby in the valley.

This is a challenge to other neighbourhoods to show us how you are decorating your buildings. HDTV is wanting to film this, like The Block....... Get decorating.....

Jude
    Writer in Residence
    and now Interior designer extraordinaire

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Hmmm, something on which to play the playlist? I'll consult with the Prof Em, as he is a hi fi buff.

and yes, Jude, bringing the Ambrosia and raspberry beer, the Baileys, the butterscotch schnapps, the cognac, the Cointreau, the lemons ... Anything else, Ladies and Handyman?

do we need a kitchen unit, or shall we just ask Handy to knock us up one of his famous pizza ovens? Unless of course, Neen wants to do some gourmet cooking? We also need a bookshelf for all Neen's books.

are we asking too much of Handy? We do need another bloke who to hang out with Handy and help him with our list of jobs!
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Yes, yes, yes to,the pizza oven. Handy your list is growing. I hear it does that a lot.....

Town name - Spring Haven

Definitely Neen's gourmet cooking and I am happy to help her. Between us we can put together some great food. Helen might like to do this too as her recipes sound wonderful.

Farm Level 178. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

So a kitchenette at the very least....

Town name - Spring Haven

Kitchenette and pizza oven have my vote!

Went rug shopping...here's a few choices...keeping in mind nothing too dark to overpower the light airy feel we like yet nothing too light to show dirt when we come in with the fields on our boots.

#1 - my personal favorite...I love the colors & for some reason I'm reminded of our HD pies and cakes!

#2 - I'm getting this to go with that funky casting couch, no ifs, ands, or buts! Such theatrics to be amid a field of flowers!

#3 - I could get lost in this one after a few Ambrosias or Texas Rangers! Someone please help Jem! She's glued to the rug again!

#4 - New Zealand snowflakes! (Maybe the Brothers Snow would return?)

I'll be happy to keep looking if anyone has a particular preference! Virtual decorating is such fun!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Lounge under construction

I am getting on with the frame. I like working with natural materials but will be using screws!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GC ID 11handyman
    hayday level 84
    No challenges please and I do not send them.

Feedback wanted

This is what I have in mind for the finished lounge. Only on the frame at present so can modify to fit in with the decor. Of course the colour is to be decided.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GC ID 11handyman
    hayday level 84
    No challenges please and I do not send them.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    Kitchenette and pizza oven have my vote!

Went rug shopping...here's a few choices...keeping in mind nothing too dark to overpower the light airy feel we like yet nothing too light to show dirt when we come in with the fields on our boots.

#1 - my personal favorite...I love the colors & for some reason I'm reminded of our HD pies and cakes!

#2 - I'm getting this to go with that funky casting couch, no ifs, ands, or buts! Such theatrics to be amid a field of flowers!

#3 - I could get lost in this one after a few Ambrosias or Texas Rangers! Someone please help Jem! She's glued to the rug again!

#4 - New Zealand snowflakes! (Maybe the Brothers Snow would return?)

I'll be happy to keep looking if anyone has a particular preference! Virtual decorating is such fun!
    great choices, #1, #2 and #4 at least. Number fourt if perfect for Jem's Couch. Virtual decorating is perfect cause money is no object. Do you know how to crop your pictures Jem. You do it on your Photos, if you have an ipad at least.

The third rug would be hard to look at after a few ambrosias I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I am getting on with the frame. I like working with natural materials but will be using screws!
    Great to see you are getting to some of those jobs on the list handy. Cant wait to see if finished.

Town name - Spring Haven

By #4 i mean #2....

Town name - Spring Haven